Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Chelsea U21  (Read 34814 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 20:40:25 »

I think that goes down as a very productive friendly match in many ways.  Good workout - now just chain some of the Chelsea players to the dressing room.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 21:06:41 »

I think that goes down as a very productive friendly match in many ways.  Good workout - now just chain some of the Chelsea players to the dressing room.

Forget the competion, forget the result, you nailed it with ‘goes down as a very productive friendly match in many ways’ Wellens would have I am sure got more from that than the result suggests, even if we had won. Look at it as a behind closed doors exercise, only someone left the doors open.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 21:27:51 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 21:16:43 »

No injuries, so great result in my book..

Clems Army!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 21:32:09 »

I've obviously missed something but watching the goals I see we have moved the away dugout down the touch line, any reason for this or just keeping the away manager away from the 4th official?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 21:38:03 »

Lad from Norwich injured in training and wearing a protective boot. Hopefully nothing too serious.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 22:53:17 »

Good game.

TD can still do a good job if he remains & is called upon.

Do the Chelsea shirt numbers reflect expected weekly salary for the next contracts?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 07:33:23 »

I've obviously missed something but watching the goals I see we have moved the away dugout down the touch line, any reason for this or just keeping the away manager away from the 4th official?

Chang mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, when I first heard about it..... I invited him to explain, but thus far he hasn't. I was interested as to whether his ezplanation was the same as what I heard.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 07:42:38 »

Chang mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, when I first heard about it..... I invited him to explain, but thus far he hasn't. I was interested as to whether his ezplanation was the same as what I heard.

I had heard it was to stop the visiting team being able to constantly go at the 4th official.
Panda Paws

« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 07:43:26 »

RW said it was to minimise distractions for himself and his staff.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 08:25:17 »

RW said it was to minimise distractions for himself and his staff.

Yep, he said that on Saturday.  He requested it be moved further down the line.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 08:38:12 »

Good goals scored(ditto the weekend) dreadful defending for the goals conceded.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 09:03:34 »

Good game.

TD can still do a good job if he remains & is called upon.

Do the Chelsea shirt numbers reflect expected weekly salary for the next contracts?
So TD (salary apart) viable, Iandolo and McGlashan not?

Not sure why Henry didn't play?  The game seemed an ideal opportunity to give him 1st team match practice.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 09:16:13 »

Wellens is after that fourth goalkeeper and if that happens there's no point playing Henry as he'll be number 3.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 09:25:51 »

Wellens is after that fourth goalkeeper and if that happens there's no point playing Henry as he'll be number 3.

I read it more as a "cheap" way of putting one of the four first teamers  out to minimise risk of injury/tiredness.

Though, to be fair I haven't checked on whether we only had the minimum four required out at the start of the game.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 09:25:59 »

So TD (salary apart) viable, Iandolo and McGlashan not?

Not sure why Henry didn't play?  The game seemed an ideal opportunity to give him 1st team match practice.

That Chelsea team would probably make most teams at L2 level look immobile, but TD looked decent. Didn't think he had it in him, but would still expect him to find another club this month.

Yeah, was expecting Henry to play.
Either not trusted by RW or being lined up for another loan if the trial keeper is signed.

Looks like same again next Tuesday for the selection. A shame as would like to see us progress in that competition for a change.
But, understandable given 8 games to get through in August and league should be the priority.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 09:28:10 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: