Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Chelsea U21  (Read 35155 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:28:04 »

Town making some excellent attacking moves to finish the half.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:28:22 »

I actually think it's a good watch this game.  They are tearing us to shreds at times.  It is utterly no use for the league campaign though, we wont play another team like this all season.  They are so precise going forward, not a hint of a league two Akinfenwa type.

We've looked pretty sprightly going forward as well, not quite as good as them, but creating a fair bit.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:29:00 »

Ballard can't quite head the corner on target, hes won almost every corner thats come into the opposition box.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:29:10 »

Ballard could have scored again

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:29:50 »

I actually think it's a good watch this game.  They are tearing us to shreds at times.  It is utterly no use for the league campaign though, we wont play another team like this all season.  They are so precise going forward, not a hint of a league two Akinfenwa type.

We've looked pretty sprightly going forward as well, not quite as good as them, but creating a fair bit.
I agree, its actually quite entertaining, any Chelsea player would walk into any side in our division.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:30:25 »

Ballard could have scored again
Maybe he is the target man we have been looking for.... Wink

Peter Venkman

« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:32:14 »

1-2 HT

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:33:06 »

Their 55, who I think missed an absolute sitter before getting the goals, he's a handful.  We should lock him in after the game.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:35:19 »

Isgrove a classy player. Dave has played well.

The rest, meh - but not the sort of players they would face regularly in L2 for sure. Again very little threat up front.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:35:28 »

I think it was obvious in the first 15 minutes that we don;t play against this type of attack very often!  They were running rings around us.  We've not really tightened it up too much, but we've managed to settle into the cut and thrust of the game a little and started to impose ourselves more, getting quite a few good chances.  If this has any positives by the end of the game, it may give us some practice in attacking and will certainly ut some miles on the legs to build the fitness and stamina.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:35:39 »

Their 55, who I think missed an absolute sitter before getting the goals, he's a handful.  We should lock him in after the game.

17 year old, even though he looks the same size as Loftus Cheek.  I don't think we should put our goalscoring hopes for the season in a 17 year old.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:37:15 »

How many more chances does Iandolo need? hes not good enough IMO.

Ballard defensively at times has looked suspect, Broadbent is a shadow of the player that we first signed.

Reid is better going forwards than defending, Hunt looks solid at LB as well as RB.

May given a few balls away but has also put some great passes in to our strikers.

Doughty is Doughty, looks a bit disinterested then pulls out a classy pass every now and again.

Toums looks pretty good TBF for a player with so few games under his belt, won loads of tackles and made a few nice passes, only slipped up once defensively.

Iandolo is poor.

Isgrove started poor but has come on well in the game and our best attacking option.

Anderson looks lost and has been caught offside 4 times, he is not a striker but we know that now.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:37:44 »

Isgrove does indeed look a real threat.  Anderson is clearly not much kop at leading the line., but I think he'd have a good game if he was dropped deep or out wide against this team.  I think it would be tough on any of the defenders to place much emphasis on their performance in this game.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:39:05 »

Isgrove does indeed look a real threat.  Anderson is clearly not much kop at leading the line., but I think he'd have a good game if he was dropped deep or out wide against this team.  I think it would be tough on any of the defenders to place much emphasis on their performance in this game.
I agree, replace Iandolo with Woolery, push Woolery up front and play Anderson wide.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 19:40:34 »

I do like the way that Ballard is as much of a threat to them in their box from corners/set peices almost as Shaun Taylor used to be, hes winning every ball thrown into him, shame the same can't be said at our end of the pitch.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: