Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why are there so many wankers in the world currently?  (Read 21436 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 12:25:13 »

This isn't just about what's going on in the USA, take a look at Africa, Asia and the ME.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 12:30:08 »

Because some politicians, and some elements of the media, have started to re-normalise behaviour that had become unacceptable.

This is spot on.  We have a racist bigot at Prime minister and an even worse example across the pond and who is the most powerful man on the planet. Shit times....
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 12:35:54 »

This isn't just about what's going on in the USA, take a look at Africa, Asia and the ME.

Yep - Humans
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 12:37:26 »

I have warned you before about talking about yourself in the 3rd person!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 12:39:18 »

Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 12:39:30 »

This is spot on.  We have a racist bigot at Prime minister and an even worse example across the pond and who is the most powerful man on the planet. Shit times....

The issue is that times move on and the majority thought evolves.  Racism isn't new, it's just that in the past it wasn't seen as an issue to hold such views.  We are only a few generations away from Slavery being acceptable and Colonialism being a good way of educating the world.
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 12:42:46 »

Not even a mention of those "men of the people" currently in power in Russia, North Korea and China. Truly great role models for anti-democratic bigots who only call out leaders of western democracies?
Watched a news item on sky regarding nuclear weapon proliferation in Europe were the guest stated it was Trumps fault didn't even mention the country placing the weapons ie Putin's Russia.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 12:45:36 »

It does seem to have got worse since that prick Farage came to the fore and whatever guise he is using for Brexit. Piggy backing the immigration issue.
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 12:46:10 »

I don't think even Trump can be blamed for the nuclear treaty going kaput. That looks like it's all Putin's doing.

That cunt (Putin) is another source of the current problems, doing what he can to use social media to destabilize the west.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 12:46:25 »

Not even a mention of those "men of the people" currently in power in Russia, North Korea and China. Truly great role models for anti-democratic bigots who only call out leaders of western democracies?
Trump likes to boast what great friends he is with all 3 of them. Putin, in particular, is the role model for his "strongman" nationalist populism, leaving aside any allegations of collusion. Putin has also been funding the far right across Europe for years, cf his strong links with the far right League party which is in government in Italy. So perhaps not the dichotomy you think it is
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 15:01:17 »

The other way to look at it is that there are still the same amount of wankers and wankiness going on, yet due to social media and everyone having a 4k camera on them we see it on a day to day basis more than we used to.

I think there's a lot to be said for this. Especially the lower level wankerism that wouldn't make the national news. I live in a small, quiet seaside town (no longer Brighton as my username might suggest). In 3 years I might have seen a bit of litter and some bad driving but that's about it as far as anti-social behaviour is concerned. However, spend a week looking at the posts on the local facebook page and you'd think I lived in Syria. Everyone has the ability to instantly distribute and/or access comment, images and video highlighting all of the negative aspects of society.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 18:45:29 »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/05/donald-trump-condemns-white-supremacy-promises-action-in-response-to-weekends-mass-shootings/

I'll just leave this here, for the comments section.  It almost makes you yearn for the Adver comments section, almost.  I wonder how Breitbart covering Mattressgate would go down though?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 19:05:12 »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/05/donald-trump-condemns-white-supremacy-promises-action-in-response-to-weekends-mass-shootings/

I'll just leave this here, for the comments section.  It almost makes you yearn for the Adver comments section, almost.  I wonder how Breitbart covering Mattressgate would go down though?
Really? Hardly surprising that comments on a far-right website are going to be a bit "out there". Why not go the whole hog and link to 8chan or the Daily Stormer? Their comments will be even "better".
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 19:31:38 »

Social media and the easy availability of cheap cocaine,certainly in the UK at least.
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 19:33:32 »

What does cocaine have to do with it, cheap or otherwise?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: