Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Free away travel for Reading fans  (Read 4377 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 15:57:44 »

Nice gesture!
We're delighted to announce that travel to 1️⃣5️⃣ of our furthest away trips in 2019-20 will be paid for by our owner Mr Yongge Dai this season! 🚌
That begins with our trip to Hull City on Sat 10 Aug - tickets go on sale for the game tomorrow.

So, give no fucks
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 16:27:20 »

They still wont fill the mini bus.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 04:17:56 »

Are we sponsoring Jimmy Quinn now?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 08:09:52 »

Bizarrely this featured on the local London news this morning. I didn't realise that Reading was a part of London!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 08:54:05 »

With most inhabitants being chelsea fans of course it is...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 09:04:36 »

Fair play to them. Credit where credits due. If we did that, I wouldn't expect more of our fans to travel.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 09:17:04 »

Fair play to them. Credit where credits due. If we did that, I wouldn't expect more of our fans to travel.
Even if we laid on free coaches to Scunny on Saturday I doubt we would break the 1,000 figure TBH.

Shame really as we have always had a decent away following but thats dwindled away in recent years.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 09:23:24 »

With most inhabitants being chelsea fans of course it is...

Reading are pretty well supported in the Town and surrounding areas. You get a lot of Liverpool, United, as you do in any Town but I usually always see Reading shirts when I'm out with the dog, at the gym or playing football. They run bus services for a quid from pretty much anywhere in the Town to the stadium so its easy to go and watch.

I think the Thai fella made them lose connection with the club a bit, same with the new Chinese people... But fair play to them this is a great gesture.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 09:25:16 »

Even if we laid on free coaches to Scunny on Saturday I doubt we would break the 1,000 figure TBH.

Shame really as we have always had a decent away following but thats dwindled away in recent years.

On the bright side, small though it may be my lad and I have committed to do a few away stints this coming season. Not been to an away match for a few years, be nice to get back into seeing some familiar if unassociated faces at away games. Always an extra buzz.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 09:29:45 »

I'm all for people supporting their local club rather than the latest success story. Funny how "fans" latch on to clubs that they geographically or historically have no connection with, just because they win things. I wonder why that's in the human psyche.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 09:52:17 »

On the bright side, small though it may be my lad and I have committed to do a few away stints this coming season. Not been to an away match for a few years, be nice to get back into seeing some familiar if unassociated faces at away games. Always an extra buzz.
I love away matches probably more than home games, I have done 80+ of the away grounds in the Football League but too old and too ill to get to many now, used to be easy when my dad lived in Runcorn to stay overnight for the Northern outposts.

Now my only really local game is Exeter, ironically I am in the Lake district when we play them this year! thanks wife for planning our Summer break for after the start of the season!

Hope you enjoy the trips, always a great experience.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 11:02:58 »

Bizarrely this featured on the local London news this morning. I didn't realise that Reading was a part of London!

Reading will always be plastic cockneys to us.
Like we are to the Bristol clubs for some reason.
My Grandad was from Reading and had a heavy West country accent.
Funny how the accent has changed over the years,
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 11:17:43 »

Are we sponsoring Jimmy Quinn now?
I'm not sure what you mean by that as I'm just pointing out what the club are doing for their fans.

So, give no fucks
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 11:23:03 »

When I lived in Reading I once saw Jimmy Quinn on the M4 bridge at Theale alongside me at the lights. Gave him some "light hearted" abuse about being a traitor. He wound his window up fast.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 11:25:47 »

When I lived in Reading I once saw Jimmy Quinn on the M4 bridge at Theale alongside me at the lights. Gave him some "light hearted" abuse about being a traitor. He wound his window up fast.
great player if only he was 26 now and playing for us

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: