Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 89330 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 07:33:21 »

Those goals are an utter joy to watch. And watch them I will.... again and again and again 😊...on another geeky/obsessive note....I don't think I've ever seen us play in red shirts/white shorts/white socks🤔
On closer inspection, they're the grey away socks.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 07:47:04 »

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/11776952/scunthorpe-0-2-swindon

Two goals of pure class.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 07:58:31 »

Very good goals. Isgroves touch to control it & take it away from defender was excellent. Same with Fryers.

Based on the whole 5 seconds of Yates in on goal in that clip I think he has a bit of Parkin about him.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 09:06:27 »

Very good goals. Isgroves touch to control it & take it away from defender was excellent. Same with Fryers.

Based on the whole 5 seconds of Yates in on goal in that clip I think he has a bit of Parkin about him.

Think you’ll be tempted to come back this season mate?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 09:08:51 »

On closer inspection, they're the grey away socks.

Sent from my CLT-L09
That's a bit weird. Kitman brain fart?
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 09:09:00 »

Who was #27, is that Jaiyesemi?

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 09:19:32 »

Think you’ll be tempted to come back this season mate?

More so than I have since Di Canio.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 09:20:51 »

0-2 to town #stingy defence

Although I misconstrued the predictions league tab I did call it right. Based on previous seasons dire pre match predictions i’m going to bask in the glory of this one, thank you 😁
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 09:21:07 »

The game on Tuesday is a nuisance.
Do the selection rules still apply?

I'd be tempted to just use the rest of the squad that didn't play yesterday and take the fine.
Didn't Luton do the same a couple of years back and still made the final or semis?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #414 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 10:28:37 »

Yates took his goal really well, hes a very willing runner but hes not a target man, a role we tried to play yesterday at times.

Hes not strong enough to hold the ball up and doesn't win anything much in the air.

He will score goals if he has a bigger stronger man alongside of him, even a player like Robinson would bring more out of him.

He played pretty much on his own up top yesterday and thats not suiting his game as hes not got enough close control or strength to play that.

On the ground with the ball at his feet though he will do well, he waltzed around the keeper with ease for the goal but when presented with a cross for a header he seemed to duck out of it and the cross clanced off the top of his head.

Very workmanlike performance but he can't play a lone striker very well as Woolery dropped deep a lot and most of the game we played 451 with Woolery and Anderson swapping wide left and the number 10 role, which they did really well and both linked up really well with Fryers in attack.

Anderson played really well as did Lyden and Woolery but my MoM in the end was Baudrey, who was brilliant in the heart of defence.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 10:30:19 »

That's a bit weird. Kitman brain fart?
Unless I'm having a brain fart of my own, I thought the home kit was red socks? They definitely looked grey in one particular photo I saw.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 10:51:27 »

Someone must have thought our red socks looked too much like their claret ones. It does look like we were wearing our away kit socks which are very pale grey.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17814736.selection-photographer-dave-evans-39-pictures-swindon-town-39-s-2-0-win-scunthorpe-united-saturday-august-3-2019/
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 11:13:59 »

I've watched highlights that seem ok, great Town performance for the goals, but for some reason the video quality looks poor. Is it me or do Scunthorpe only have an iPotato to record games?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #418 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 11:23:21 »

IFollow was fucked up yesterday with every club suffering from video problems and major sound issues, poor service from iFollow.

Could have something to do with that? the highlights on Quest yesterday were perfect.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 12:05:03 »

I wonder if there is a case for iFollow eventually being rolled out (legitimately) for UK based fans?

It might only be a matter of time before all of the VPN's are blocked anyway?
They would probably have to up the price for domestic users but that wouldn't prevent the Accrington chairman from keeling over at the prospect.

The clubs might go for it if the share of the takings was enough to compensate for potential loss of income from the floaters.
A die hard away traveller would be unlikely to be persuaded anyway.
Same for a home ST holder or committed regular.

An essential service provided by the likes of PV should of course be exempt.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: