Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 90007 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 16:00:28 »

Norris scored in the first game at Carlisle. Not many said ‘hello’ to him!

I just don’t understand why any fan of any club can’t have even a little bit of optimism before the start of a new season.

Previous mediocrity is no indicator of future splendiferousness

That's because we seen him the season before, however he was praised for physical courage on scoring and it was suggested maybe he could offer something in a lower Div, which more or less came to pass.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 16:12:03 »

People pointing out you might be wrong isn't bullying. Come on, you're better than that.

It's water off a duck's back.... but there have been some classics this summer, take the Women's WC. There were some wading in as I made the controversial statement that I hoped England would win, but didn't think they would with PN as coach.   Now I'm aware that some of this is driven by right wing trolls and their apologists, who prefer ad hominen attacks rather than wishing to discuss the merits of PN and the history of England women's football
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 18:19:01 »

Is it on ifollow? I had a serious think about driving up Saturday for this. My wife then reminded me we're driving to France Sunday Morning, so i'd best not.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 18:41:13 »

Is it on ifollow? I had a serious think about driving up Saturday for this. My wife then reminded me we're driving to France Sunday Morning, so i'd best not.

Commitment Sutton Red commitment. Stop making excuses!
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 18:50:17 »

1-2 Town
Panda Paws

« Reply #95 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 19:16:01 »

450 sold in advance is a great effort and should see 600 plus up there. Would love our away followings to get back to what they were under PDC etc.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 19:41:49 »

Aye, as per past seasons, via a Vpn.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 20:33:30 »

It’ll be interesting to see how he lines up tomorrow, having played with formations pre season. 4 at the back? 2 up?
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 20:58:58 »

Anyway, who is actually going tomorrow?  I'm heading up with the old man.
I'm going up with the young nephew.

I think I saw you two at the Cox hat-trick match, when the Scunny stewards were oh so desperate to stop us standing up.

I'll say hello if I see you amongst the Town hoards.

Regarding the earlier post about predictions for a heavy defeat tomorrow, my reasons are:

a) I always sway on the pessimistic side.
b) I think this is comparable to last season's early game against Lincoln - away at one of the favourites, against a team that should be very fit and in your face. There was a massive gulf between us, although to be fair, Town did perform much better against the top sides later in the season and get some cracking away wins.
c) From what I saw in pre-season, Wellens doesn't appear to have his preferred formation settled yet, which is understandable. Eg I thought the midfield had a better balance in the MU game than in the Coventry game. In the former, Doughty was seeing plenty of the ball and looked the best player on the pitch, in the latter, the presence of both May and Lyden lessened Doughty's influence.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 21:10:09 »

That's the last time I was there I think, subsequent fixtures up there have been when I'm in France. 

Joe Murphy (I think?) was being a right cock, one of the worst cases of a GK deliberately getting at a fan-base that I have ever seen which had a knock on effect to the stewardship as you mention.

See you there.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 21:11:34 »

Aye, as per past seasons, via a Vpn.

That would be great if they hadn’t managed to block all the VPN’s I tried. My technical skills not up to scratch to get around it. Even stopped me watching whilst in Poland!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 21:14:24 »

That would be great if they hadn’t managed to block all the VPN’s I tried. My technical skills not up to scratch to get around it. Even stopped me watching whilst in Poland!

You wouldn't need a vpn in Poland.
It's for overseas viewers
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 21:15:27 »

Commitment Sutton Red commitment. Stop making excuses!

Yeah sloppy i know..
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 21:19:18 »

You wouldn't need a vpn in Poland.
It's for overseas viewers

I was trying to watch through standard 4G on my phone but it still gave me the same message as when watching through VPN failed in the UK.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 21:22:35 »

I was trying to watch through standard 4G on my phone but it still gave me the same message as when watching through VPN failed in the UK.

Just strap an iphone to JJ's cock and stream it. Or something along those lines
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: