Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 88237 times)
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 15:16:25 »

1-1 doughty pen with 500 odd travelling.

Think it will end up a 2-0 loss though...always the optimist Hmmm...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 15:44:52 »

We always get spanked at Scunny. Think this team will take a while to settle and we'll have to deal with a bit of negativity before we kick on. A loss for me
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 17:41:37 »

We always get spanked at Scunny. Think this team will take a while to settle and we'll have to deal with a bit of negativity before we kick on. A loss for me

I think if we can avoid a tonking and at least score a goal, that will be something.... not much but something.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 17:48:36 »

I think if we can avoid a tonking and at least score a goal, that will be something.... not much but something.
Just calm the fuck down Reg, that's your problem - You build your hopes up and get all excited and it just leads to disappointment... Wink
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 19:20:37 »

Are the Caribou Cup games available on iFollow?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 19:44:05 »

we'll have to deal with a bit of negativity before we kick on.
In the very next post in fact Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 20:07:33 »

Utterly gratuitous negativity  No
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 20:20:56 »

I think it'll take a little while for Town to get going and for Wellens to get the balance of the midfield and forwards right. Hence I'm expecting a bit of a tonking on Saturday. 4-1 to the Iron. Despite this, I'm looking forward to the match and the vibe of the first game of the new season.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 20:26:35 »

It’s hard to see where the goals are going to come from unless Woolery finally matures with the aid of some expert attaching coaching. Everyone seems to be convinced that we will get spanked and if the iron are as complacent as we are negative then that could work in our favour. I think that Wellens has done okay so far and I am cautiously optimistic that he will do well with the resources he has. I’m not sure how competitive our budget is though so it may well be a struggle to make the playoffs.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 20:39:49 »

Almost a carbon copy of ‘wait for it’ 🤣🤣
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 21:20:44 »

After the Carlisle game, the team under Wellens only lost by two goals twice for the remainder of the season.  How come people think we'll get a drubbing?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 21:25:03 »

After the Carlisle game, the team under Wellens only lost by two goals twice for the remainder of the season.  How come people think we'll get a drubbing?
No legitimate reason whatsoever.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 21:55:03 »

It’s hard to see where the goals are going to come from unless Woolery finally matures with the aid of some expert attaching coaching. Everyone seems to be convinced that we will get spanked and if the iron are as complacent as we are negative then that could work in our favour. I think that Wellens has done okay so far and I am cautiously optimistic that he will do well with the resources he has. I’m not sure how competitive our budget is though so it may well be a struggle to make the playoffs.

Who thinks we will get spanked? I haven't seen that anywhere.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 22:03:17 »

Who thinks we will get spanked? I haven't seen that anywhere.
Most of the people who I have spoken to about the town. Family and friends mainly. Although perhaps I have been surrounded by a troupe of negative Nellys!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 05:08:31 »

Ah ok i thought you meant on forums, not unusual for me to miss stuff, so thought senility was approaching.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: