Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 89117 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 12:47:08 »

I watched the extended highlights yesterday with no problem?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #451 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 13:38:24 »

Huh. The extended highlights play just fine... bizarre
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 22:04:50 »

Huh. The extended highlights play just fine... bizarre

Always had the same last year. 2/3 mins of highlights? No chance. 10 mins? Be our guest!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 04:59:26 »

Thoughts on the game from a Scunthorpe fan (with a brief interjection from Daz, a Town fan....):

Quite impressed with Swindon. There's even a brief glimpse of Power at the end the game, enjoying the win.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 05:13:06 »

Nice find Bob - always interesting to get the oppo's perspective Yes
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #455 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 09:07:44 »

Nice find Bob - always interesting to get the oppo's perspective Yes
It is, thats why I always try and post opposing fans thoughts after games against us, unfortunately my login to the Blast Furnace has expired and their admin on there are shite.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #456 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 09:11:03 »

And with that they accept my login, their forum thoughts to follow.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #457 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 09:17:12 »

Because I lost access pre game, here are the Scunthorpe pre match thoughts.

Just looked at the Swindon squad. I see no reason why we can’t beat them and i’d say we’d be clear favourites on the day. Their pre season began with a game against a side you could be forgiven for thinking was a branch of solicitors.

They have Kaiyne Woolery up front who on his day always to me looks a cut above but those days are few and far between. His scoring record throughout his career is really poor. Let’s hope he starts.

They have signed Mathieu Baudry the ex Donny defender and he’s a decent player. They’ve also signed Zeki Fryers who was available on a free from Barnsley. They also have multiple killer goalkeeper Luke McCormick between the sticks which are both facts. Both the killing of innocent people and he’s Swindon goalkeeper. I make no apologies for merely pointing out factual information although no doubt i’m sure some people will be offended. Even at facts.

Overall looking at our squad and theirs, ours IMO is much better and i think we have had a far more rounded pre season so i actually am expecting us to beat them to be honest. Given we are at home too. It’s opening day though and anything could happen.

They have been a bit of basket case club in recent years have Swindon. Especially since the appointment of Paolo Di Canio as boss about 6 or 7 years back. They’ve had about a thousand managers since although they did give ex Torquay and Cambridge manager Martin Ling another chance in management despite him having had openly admitted to suffering from mental health issues.

This is why i have a soft spot for Swindon, despite paying a killer to play football. I thought that giving Ling a job was amazing and full credit to them. It didn’t work out for Martin sadly but they didn’t judge him and they gave him that opportunity. Not sure many others would have.

Ex Donny stalwart Richie Wellens has taken on the job as manager now and has a lot to prove. He took over at Oldham the other year and started like a house on fire but then struggled and ended up getting the sack with Oldham going down.

Just be great to get the season underway. It seems to have been a long old summer this time around.

I anticipate Swindon finishing around mid table as do the bookies and hopefully they’ll put in a mid table performance on saturday. I’m sure the Swindon fans will travel in their numbers for this, always great support and they’ll make it a good atmosphere.

We often pump Swindon so no reason to suspect we won’t do it again . 4-0

If we are only 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go then Swindle Town will be so ecstatic that they will sit back and take it.

I suspect it’s going to be a little tense to start with however, I expect we’re going to actually win this one, and more importantly, keep a clean sheet. I’m opting for a 2-0 win to Scunthorpe…

This is an absolute home banker…we always beat swindon by at least 3 goals and i see something similar on saturday. Im going for a 3-1 home win and id start the team that started vs lincoln i think we need slater playing next to lund with songo sweeping up infront of the defence.

Swindon sign ex Barnsley winger Lloyd Isgrove on a one year deal. Another player who i think L2 is his level.

Nothing is a home banker with us,we have had a good run with Swindon at home but did with Gillingham and they have outplayed us last two seasons so they might think they are due a win,so don’t get overconfident especially with our recent home record.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #458 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 09:25:47 »

Scunny fans post match thoughts...

Poor from the defence to get caught out by the counter twice, but credit to Swindon for executing it well.

There is no enjoyment in watching such drivel.

That was gash! They looked like they had played a match this morning…Swindon came and did a job and lets face it we didnt make it to difficult at all they didnt let us play and were just overall quicker/sharper than we were

We need someone like swindons number 11 kaiyne woolery who had the pace and power we simply couldnt deal with. I was feeling very optimistic after last weeks performance vs lincoln but today was the complete opposite which i were surprised about but credit to swindon who also surprised me they were worthy of the win and looked very organised and did what they had to do

Not the best of starts today against Swindon, I think that it is fair to think that we were all tipping an home win, but as we proved last season, we cannot win games if we don’t score any goals.

For all those people thinking it was going to be a home banker they have come down to earth with a bang.

Poor performance all round and two terrible or unlucky pieces of defending for their goals.

Whe never looked as if we would score apart from the shot that hit the post and though their goals were breakaways they looked the more threatening.

Referee, gave them some very dubious freekicks but gave little our way unless it was nailed on, including a corner which clearly came off their player.

Swindon are not a top of this table team and they did us over deservedly. Go figure. Very, very disappointed.

Swindon were terrible. With Kaiyne Woolery who made a few runs on the break later on, they had 10 men. He did little else. Jerry Yates was the difference today for Swindon. Work rate phenomenal, doing the work and runs for both himself and on behalf of the bone idle Woolery and showing up for throws and everything and just ran his heart out up there and deserved his goal IMO.

Across the park though Swindon were quite ordinary. Predictable, zero goal threat until we started leaving gaps at the back and there for the taking.

How were Swindon terrible,if we played like they did away from home we would have been over the moon, Woolery and Anderson played very well with the young striker Yates and their defence was excellent and I can only remember their keeper making one save of note plus Lund hit the post, so terrible no.

Swindon came for a point. To keep it tight and hit on the break. Up front, as well as i said Yates did they were pretty workmanlike. Nothing special. They did what they needed to do but barely caused us many scares.

If Swindon are deemed to be a good side then we really do have problems. I take your point though Mick. Perhaps terrible is harsh. Maybe replace that word with ‘organised’ ‘ordinary’ ‘functional’ to be a bit fairer and reflective of their performance but they were a side that didn’t look too difficult to brush aside given a dominant home performance. Which i expected but didn’t get. Fair play to them though. I’ve said they deserved the win.

Yates (who i found out before the game is the son of a girl who used to be in my class at school which was a bit weird soapy tit wank) was superb. Anderson also played well. Not sure how Woolery gets votes for also playing really well. Other than falling over a bit he didn’t do much.

Swindon were a decent, well-organised side. Unfair to criticise them.
We lost either because they have better players than us or they were a particularly tight unit. Maybe a bit of both. Isgrove and Anderson were pretty good.

We had done little to unlock them first half when honours were even and so we took risks and left ourselves open to counter attacks. In many ways, this was a classic away win – nicely taken. We were suckered. Credit to Swindon.

So some of their fans thought we were poor or even terrible? hmmm what does that make you then? Cheesy

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 09:32:56 »

Amusingly mixed views on Woolery there, seems like his performance was something between useless and messianic.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 09:35:37 »

Have you ever read so much drivel in all your life?

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 09:50:22 »

Not since I left that Facebook group
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 09:53:00 »

Sent from my CLT-L09

Yes.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 09:56:21 »

Scunny fans post match thoughts...

So some of their fans thought we were poor or even terrible? hmmm what does that make you then? Cheesy

Pretty standard comments of home fans after a home defeat against a team they thought they should roll over easily. Hopefully we get to see a repetition after every away game 😁
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 10:00:04 »

Terrible in League Two is good enough to win it. Look at Lincoln, they were shite and won the league comfortably. Newport equally awful and got to a PO final.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: