Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 88991 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 11:34:22 »

Come on Reg, we've had trialists from far-flung places every season, be it promotion seasons or not, as has every club.

Miguel Comminges turned out OK.  LJF too.
Flashheart

« Reply #46 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 11:34:32 »

Yasser Kasim. Now watch reg move the goalposts.

I fucking hate this moronic discussion, it takes place every year. There must be a way to stop seeing the comments of people on ignore when other people quote them?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 11:42:32 »

Yasser Kasim. Now watch reg move the goalposts.

I fucking hate this moronic discussion, it takes place every year. There must be a way to stop seeing the comments of people on ignore when other people quote them?

I fucking hate this moronic discussion, it takes place every year. There must be a way to stop seeing the comments of people on ignore when other people quote them? This 100% After all the algorithms have been amended to stop me saying P a u l, can’t be that difficult can it?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #48 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 11:43:10 »

I can't really think of anybody who we've got in trial and then signed who has been successful.

I was talking about these pre season trials....

Well perhaps you should've been more specific. Charlie Austin had a successful trial.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 11:48:37 »

Come on Reg, we've had trialists from far-flung places every season, be it promotion seasons or not, as has every club.

Miguel Comminges turned out OK.  LJF too.

We need a bit better than OK, Kasim for a while did seem to be a real find.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 11:52:43 »

Well perhaps you should've been more specific. Charlie Austin had a successful trial.

Because it's pre season,  I kind of assumed that's what we are talking about, but yes, perhaps I  should have been more specific, in order to avoid confusion.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 11:52:58 »

Comminges was player of the season, we were sad to see LJF leave for Sheff Utd.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 11:57:47 »

Here’s an idea.

Why dont we wait 10 games or so and then discuss whether the recruitment has been a success or not.

The continual knocking and pissing on everyone’s chips is tedious in the extreme.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 12:04:00 »

Why? That would be way too sensible for Swindon fans.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 12:20:28 »

Here’s an idea.

Why dont we wait 10 games or so and then discuss whether the recruitment has been a success or not.

Discussing recruitment so far is fine. It'll just be 10 games before we get proven wrong. But there's a thread for that.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 12:29:34 »

Nile Ranger had plenty of successful trials
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 12:33:17 »

Pretty sure Sam Parkin came in on trial during a preseason, that turned out alright!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 12:34:32 »

Wes Foderingham came in on trial before his loan too.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 12:38:29 »

Here’s an idea.

The continual knocking and pissing on everyone’s chips is tedious in the extreme.
Reg is normally telling us after 4 or 5 games why the next one is crucial in characterising the rest of the season  Wink
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 12:38:50 »

The only position we seem to have struggled in recruitment is a striker.  If we were using that as a basis for the season ahead and specifically the first game, I'd hardly be bleating about the fact we were due to get a pasting at Scunthorpe.  More likely we'd in a tight game without too many goals?

Reg - the last three signings - zero evidence of any state of panic in them, I don't see why you think that.  Isgrove we wanted but were not sure on fitness - he was told a deal was his to lose.  Lyden filled a spot Wellens decided he needed once Rose & McGlip were both injured but wasn't originally a priority.  The lad from Norwich - we have no idea, we got not clue he was on our radar but Wellens did make some mention about a few players not signing until later in the summer.  Maybe Norwich told us to wait until they had decided what they were doing with him??
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: