Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 88223 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #420 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 12:16:30 »

I wonder if there is a case for iFollow eventually being rolled out (legitimately) for UK based fans?

It might only be a matter of time before all of the VPN's are blocked anyway?
They would probably have to up the price for domestic users but that wouldn't prevent the Accrington chairman from keeling over at the prospect.

The clubs might go for it if the share of the takings was enough to compensate for potential loss of income from the floaters.
A die hard away traveller would be unlikely to be persuaded anyway.
Same for a home ST holder or committed regular.

An essential service provided by the likes of PV should of course be exempt.  Smiley
I think there is a lot of call especially for us more distant geographically based fans.

Even if each club starts by broadcasting just away fixtures to start with. As long as a decent cut goes to the broadcasting clubs coffers and not the iFollow itself as to partly cover any gate revenue losses.

I love the fact that I can actually see games rather than listening to often poor commentators give their version of events and the listening fans having absolutely no idea at times as to who is even attacking.

Thats why I try and cover as much of the chances/incidents in slightly more detail when they happen so you can at least get a better picture in the mind as to how its developing.

Yes I throw in my own views at times but when there is a goal chance then I prefer to give a breakdown of the action as and when it happens so fans have a better idea that someone just typing "goal" and then the next post says "Anderson".

Most fans reading these posts have no access to radio/video/attending the games so it just gives them an insight as the what is unfolding. Its either the MDT or twitter/adver and in the main these comments tell you little detail, I try to correct this and I am pleased that I can actually help fans who are unable to attend.

So yes I agree with what you are saying WB there is a need, definately.

Its just good that someone physically so far away during most games can actually feel like an attendee with these matches, bringing us distant fans closer.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 12:29:59 »

I wonder if there is a case for iFollow eventually being rolled out (legitimately) for UK based fans?

I wouldn稚 be surprised if in about 10 years it is the norm. I think most fans would still choose the atmosphere of being there over just watching at home, but there is a lot of potential extra revenue that could be made from it.

Most of what has happened the last two seasons with being able to watch from abroad will have been testing to see 1. How much investment would be needed to create a reliable infrastructure that scales to thousands of fans 2. What interest there is in it.
I am sure iFollow/EFL knew full well every man and his dog would be using VPN痴, but it is an easy way for them to test the waters without causing too much uproar.

My work servers are in Munich so I can VPN there, but I have still only chosen to watch one game through it.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 12:34:53 »

I'll admit to going through the MDT at half & full time even though I'm there.
(Insider knowledge helps! For the sake of completeness it's great).

More often than not the away following is tucked away at one end or in a corner, so it's helpful to get an insight of what's going on at the other end when the view is unclear a lot of the time.

So keep up the good work!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #423 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 12:50:12 »

So keep up the good work!
Barring the next 2 games as I am away I intend to carry on!

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 13:13:15 »

Barring the next 2 games as I am away I intend to carry on!
No Excuse,  iplayer will be available to you !!!. Please feel free to carry on as normal.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #425 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 13:14:52 »

No Excuse,  iplayer will be available to you !!!. Please feel free to carry on as normal.
Not in the middle of the Lake distict unfortunately, I blame the wife for getting a cottage with no wifi!

Normal service will be resumed asap!

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 13:22:14 »

I'll be watching on my French phone at a wedding in the midlands next weekend.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #427 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 13:29:29 »

I'll be watching on my French phone at a wedding in the midlands next weekend.
I shall pass next weeks matchday reporting over to you then mate! look after it! I will be relying on updates with the meagre signal I may have!

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 13:37:27 »

If I can sort out my casting problem I can do a pale imitation.
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 13:53:18 »

Talking of watching, has anyone got any recommendations for a vpn to watch?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #430 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 13:54:01 »

Talking of watching, has anyone got any recommendations for a vpn to watch?
All commercial VPNs are blocked now.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 19:21:50 »

Anyway...back to the game - That first goal was the kind you see scored in the Championship - Utterly clinical. You have to be excited at our prospects for the coming season.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 21:22:25 »

Its good see but it worries me a little that we can only see to really create chances when we're counter attacking. We seemed to have the better of the game yesterday without creating much and teams will figure out that we'll smash them on the counter quickly.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 21:24:48 »

first game, Wellens isn't going to be fooled into thinking we are sorted by relying on the counter attack to score.

it's a great weapon to have though.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 21:33:10 »

Oh 100%. I love watching it too, cant be many quicker teams than us!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: