Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 89549 times)
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 17:25:33 »

Young French midfielder trialist, played in a couple of pre season friendlies.

Played at Melksham last week.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 17:33:10 »

Young French midfielder trialist, played in a couple of pre season friendlies.

Cheers PV. Obviously must be worth a bash.

Thought everyone played well today bar Lyden but no fault of his own, he just didn't actually need to be called upon too many times. When I say didn't play well, I kind of mean in such a team performance he was fairly vacant but that's largely due to other actually doing their job. That's testament to the team as a whole, only one game but if they gel this quick we could be in for a very good season indeed.

Another note, although Scunny were one of the favourites people must remember they are now on a 10 game winless streak, continuing from last season. Seems their fans forgot this stat too. Sometimes a rot can continue and we know there isn't masses of difference in quality between bottom half L1 & RoL2.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 17:34:12 »

Watching this in a Thai bar in Chiang Mai, on holiday 😁
Never watched this iplayer thingy before, but really enjoying it ! From what I've seen between the distractions - we're looking really good ! 👍

FFS walked round Chiang mai all day with family doing markets had no idea I could be watching the match 🤯
Great result onwards and upwards.  Isgrove years ago was pure class so if we can keep him fit touch wood then he will be key to success.  
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #378 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 17:41:46 »

Thought everyone played well today bar Lyden but no fault of his own, he just didn't actually need to be called upon too many times. When I say didn't play well, I kind of mean in such a team performance he was fairly vacant but that's largely due to other actually doing their job. That's testament to the team as a whole, only one game but if they gel this quick we could be in for a very good season indeed.
I thought Lyden played quite well, he wasn't there to pass it long but broke up the play a few times and made 2 excellent saving tackles inside of our box, one stopped pretty much what would have been an unmarked open goal.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 18:01:42 »

Cheers PV. Obviously must be worth a bash.

Another note, although Scunny were one of the favourites people must remember they are now on a 10 game winless streak, continuing from last season. Seems their fans forgot this stat too. Sometimes a rot can continue and we know there isn't masses of difference in quality between bottom half L1 & RoL2.

Oh yeah, and someone owed them a punishment for their shitty behaviour in their last league game (1:00 in).

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 18:05:01 »

Impressive stuff.... we know opening  day wins on the road, are rare, and usually show a decent season, however for us recently it's been the home form that's the problem, so we need to back that up before getting too carried away.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 18:13:16 »

Impressive stuff.... we know opening  day wins on the road, are rare, and usually show a decent season, however for us recently it's been the home form that's the problem, so we need to back that up before getting too carried away.
Always look on the bright side of life . ......

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 18:16:58 »

Impressive stuff.... we know opening  day wins on the road, are rare, and usually show a decent season, however for us recently it's been the home form that's the problem, so we need to back that up before getting too carried away.
Fuck that, I'm getting carried away...we are going up🍻😊
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 18:24:06 »

What'll happen if the trialist we signed turns out to be good?  Sad
Stop bullying Reg. Isgrove got the assist for the first, scored by the striker who isn't going to be any good
Flashheart

« Reply #384 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 18:25:18 »

Fuck that, I'm getting carried away...we are going up🍻😊

FUCK YEAH!!!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 18:43:12 »

Anyone heard Wellens comments after the game ?.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 18:54:01 »

Anyone heard Wellens comments after the game ?.
Only heard him asking what Reg thought of it?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 18:55:06 »

Got some pace in this side.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11776952/scunthorpe-0-2-swindon
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 19:04:19 »

Thanks,   Cracking goals,   ball would have finished in the crowd last season.

Flashheart

« Reply #389 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 19:06:29 »

The ability to score from breaks like that is going to give the opposition some tactical headaches this season.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: