Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new season ticket/debit card, y'all  (Read 6266 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 09:01:47 »

The new season tickets. I think you can link them to your debit card and then use them in the same way; to purchase goods, or withdraw cash from ATM's, but there's fees involved, so why would you?

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 09:39:49 »

The new season tickets. I think you can link them to your debit card and then use them in the same way; to purchase goods, or withdraw cash from ATM's, but there's fees involved, so why would you?
Maybe there's incentives for using them as debit cards in the club shop, like discounts etc?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 10:06:25 »

Unless there is %cashback or discounts as Paul says.
REDBUCK

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 10:08:48 »

Some of the fees are refunded as 'STFC Cash'
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 10:09:08 »

Mine arrived today.  I didn't really want another Mastercard (even as an 'incentive' to get 10% off purchases in the club shop). Think it's a bit cheeky.

Have read the blurb a couple of times and am assuming that it will let me through the turnstiles even if I choose not to activate it.

Note for a Mod - This topic may need it's own thread.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 10:23:03 »

Have read the blurb a couple of times and am assuming that it will let me through the turnstiles even if I choose not to activate it.

Of course you will. Enforced a activation would be illegal
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 10:48:16 »

This is now on the OS:

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/townpay-faqs/

No 32 answers my previous question.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 10:53:47 »

Note for a Mod - This topic may need it's own thread.
Agree, can this be spun off? Not least because it seems to be concerning unnecessary (IMO) concern
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 10:55:08 »

This is now on the OS:

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/townpay-faqs/

No 32 answers my previous question.
TLDR: It's a payment card, not a credit card
You don't have to use or even activate the payments part to still use it as a season ticket
If you do make payments with it, you get loyalty points ("Club Cash") that can be used for money off in the club shop
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 10:58:26 »

Hahahah. Fuck off

There is a nominal 15p transaction charge for all transactions made using a Town Pay card plus a 0.75% value fee calculated on the total value of the transaction.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 11:01:34 »

Hahahah. Fuck off

There is a nominal 15p transaction charge for all transactions made using a Town Pay card plus a 0.75% value fee calculated on the total value of the transaction.
Which, tbf, does get added to the "Club Cash" points. So I guess if you're dead keen on getting discount points to use in the club shop, that might be a worthwhile proposition for you. Otherwise, as you so eloquently put it, fuck off.

Can't see this being a success tbh and the way it's been launched seems to have caused unnecessary suspicion and alarm. Loads of people seem to think they've been duped into signing up for a credit card.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 11:10:06 »

Good idea, badly communicated

Opens up another revenue stream (assuming they’ll get a cut of any earnings the issuer makes on transactions), albeit a limited one given size of fan base and likely take up

Essentially “apple-paying” a season ticket

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 11:48:04 »

Which, tbf, does get added to the "Club Cash" points.

It was more of a personal opinion given how much I use my debit card these days, even for small purchases. Those 15p levies soon add up.

Anyway as you say, clunky implementation but its optional and thus can be ignored
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 12:10:18 »

It was more of a personal opinion given how much I use my debit card these days, even for small purchases. Those 15p levies soon add up.
God yes, it's not going to be an everyday replacement for your standard debit card, 15p plus %age transaction value on a cup of coffee would be quite a surcharge. I'm most likely to use it to pay for stuff in the club shop, that has a pleasing circularity to it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 12:42:52 »

Quote from: pauld
God yes, it's not going to be an everyday replacement for your standard debit card, 15p plus %age transaction value on a cup of coffee would be quite a surcharge. I'm most likely to use it to pay for stuff in the club shop, that has a pleasing circularity to it.

ah, but do you get 'double bubble' on that, i.e. normal ST club cash and debit card club cash...

probably.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: