Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Expectations for the season  (Read 43914 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 12:27:36 »

As we stand, top 7 is the aim (IMO) but I really don't know. We haven't signed anyone I know much about, nor have we signed anyone I think 'great signing on paper'.

We all know we need goals. We all know we have some players who have had their injury woes.

The aim should be autos..... I don't see it in this squad so far.  Anything less is failure, OK you can be pretty average like Newport last season, and get to the PO's, but not the sort of thing good enough for us in Div 4.

With the sicknote recruitment we're relying very much on luck to get the minimum higher than 13th, that will at least represent an improvement on last year.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 12:31:37 »

Playoffs has to be the minimum expectation.

Promotion has to be a hope and cup runs to bring in dosh has to be another.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 12:36:18 »

Promotion.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 12:43:41 »

Playoffs. Absolute minimum.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 12:50:02 »

Promotion, by any means.  We're starting to look a little too comfortable/at home in this division.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 12:53:32 »

Should definitely get playoffs. Top 3 may be a push but if we get a good striker in and IF we keep key players fit, every chance
REDBUCK

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 12:53:34 »

The aim should be autos..... I don't see it in this squad so far.  Anything less is failure, OK you can be pretty average like Newport last season, and get to the PO's, but not the sort of thing good enough for us in Div 4.

With the sicknote recruitment we're relying very much on luck to get the minimum higher than 13th, that will at least represent an improvement on last year.

This only applies if you have a sniffy approach to Div 4  - I'd be happy to scrape into the PO's a la Newport minus the cup run that got in their way a bit  - which may have stopped them getting Auto's.

Top 7 hopefully for us but who knows,  the bounce of a ball could take it either way

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 12:57:23 »

In this league, promotion is the minimum we should be aiming for.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 13:00:35 »

All the so called favourites have question marks against them - it’s why we have just as good a chance as any of them.

Mansfield - rookie boss, first season as a manager

Plymbury - gelling what is essentially 2 separate contingents. Managing the dressing room could be a problem.

Bradford - got no midfield and 2 strikers who have done fuck all for 2 seasons

Exeter - as we know, continually selling your best players catches up with you sooner or later

We’ll piss it!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 13:12:43 »

What's your prediction for this season then Reg? Is it 13th?
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 13:16:39 »

All the so called favourites have question marks against them - it’s why we have just as good a chance as any of them.

Mansfield - rookie boss, first season as a manager

Plymbury - gelling what is essentially 2 separate contingents. Managing the dressing room could be a problem.

Bradford - got no midfield and 2 strikers who have done fuck all for 2 seasons

Exeter - as we know, continually selling your best players catches up with you sooner or later

We’ll piss it!

Plymouth's defence would concern me as well.

Colchester could go well along with Scunthorpe. Walsall always seem decent at this level. Northampton seem to have recruited well. Who knows with Salford.

It'll be very competitive but I certainly expect us to be up there.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 13:18:19 by Super Hans » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 13:27:55 »

Walsall will be nearer bottom than top, I reckon.

Although, the last time I mentioned Walsall I ended up with the ‘Audrey’ moniker!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 13:55:10 »

Way too soon to tell. Some of our signings look very good on paper, but that doesn't necessarily mean much in terms of performances.

Being distant I'm with you - it reads like we should probably be around the play offs, but Isgrove could be as useless as McGlashan for all I know.  Using just the second half of last season as my guide, if the recruitment has at least maintained that, then Play Offs.
Panda Paws

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 14:05:46 »

5th-9th.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 14:06:14 »

Being distant I'm with you

I don't think distance is that much of a hindrance in this case. Needs some league match context.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: