Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Giving the Townend to away fans 1990  (Read 4598 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 16:14:46 »

In a variation on the theme, I was standing on the City end that afternoon. The only thing that helped me contain my excitement was enjoying the abuse the fans were giving their own team.

On another point, has football become more cautious or has the standard improved? I can't imagine a game with that many errors in both attack and defence today. Was more entertaining then, mind.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 16:54:46 »

Wow we want our Swindon back and did we take the mick or what and I'd almost forgot how good we used to be!!

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 17:07:20 »

You have to love Roger Malone - "who said Swindon can't play?" - given this was the side of Ardiles and had been playing amazing football for well over a year (although in that season far less effectively),that last thing you'd expect to ask.  When you consider the state of the pitch, some of the football is top class.  And oh to have those two upfront - they both have a single focus, get in the box and get on the end of things.  There is a move in one of the goals where Shearer comes to lay the ball off, realises an attack is on, head down, heads in a straight line for the 6 yard box, no interest in staying involved in the build up.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 17:23:09 »

You have to love Roger Malone - "who said Swindon can't play?" - given this was the side of Ardiles and had been playing amazing football for well over a year (although in that season far less effectively),that last thing you'd expect to ask.  When you consider the state of the pitch, some of the football is top class.  And oh to have those two upfront - they both have a single focus, get in the box and get on the end of things.  There is a move in one of the goals where Shearer comes to lay the ball off, realises an attack is on, head down, heads in a straight line for the 6 yard box, no interest in staying involved in the build up.
Do you remember when we played the Gas at home and both sets of fans were singing "we all agree Roger Malone is a wan*er. I like the bit when he said Gittens bullied their player to get the ball

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 17:30:41 »

I remember this opening game of the season v Pompey a couple of years later,  no segregation  Eek

sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 17:36:29 »

Having stood and sung in the Town End throughout the oft glorious 80’s it made me so sick seeing and hearing away contingents benefit from its acoustics.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: