Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Giving the Townend to away fans 1990  (Read 4627 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 12:23:19 »

Can anybody remember the reason we gave the Townend to visiting supporters in 1990

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 12:30:19 »

Can't remember
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 12:32:05 by 4D » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 12:34:56 »

That was my first game.  Remember walking in to the ground for the first time (on the Bank) and being really impressed.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 12:36:23 »

That was my first game.  Remember walking in to the ground for the first time (on the Bank) and being really impressed.

The return fixture was more impressive  Too Cool
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 12:36:59 »

Trouble in the Shrivvy - also seats in the TE?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 12:46:08 »

i was in the bank to and can remember how loud they were

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 13:01:38 »

IIRC it was part of the Shrivenham Road having improvements meaning closing of the away section and moving away fans to the Town End for about 8 games I think.

The club had toyed with the idea of giving the Town End to away fans but after Town fans moaned they gave them back the section in the corner between the Stratton Bank and Shrivenham Road stand as they always had.

The ground failed a few inspections on safety hence the closing of the old stand for a while, the Town End was newly all seated after us getting a job lot of seats from Ayesome Park for cheap.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 13:03:03 »

Kicked off down Broad Street afterwards. Their lot came down there in huge numbers and the police scattered along with most of our lot. A few stood and got a pasting. I ran away along with my mates and hid down a back alley.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 13:15:46 »

IIRC it was part of the Shrivenham Road having improvements meaning closing of the away section and moving away fans to the Town End for about 8 games I think.

The club had toyed with the idea of giving the Town End to away fans but after Town fans moaned they gave them back the section in the corner between the Stratton Bank and Shrivenham Road stand as they always had.

The ground failed a few inspections on safety hence the closing of the old stand for a while, the Town End was newly all seated after us getting a job lot of seats from Ayesome Park for cheap.

cheers Pete I couldn't remember the reason why but do recall the players complaining they were too loud and giving the away team the advantage. As for cheap seats from Ayresome park we can't blame Power for that one!

So, give no fucks
scillyred

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 13:21:44 »

I remember being in the disabled enclosure with my Dad, when Middlesborough were in there - they made a hell of a din  Sad
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 15:27:40 »

Now the original question has been answered... Let's focus on the return match instead.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 15:40:45 »

I remember it well.  I was wearing an extravagant multi patterned bakers boy hat and the massed ranks going back to the station were greeted by a knackered ford fiesta containing Brizzoles mob who wanted to fight us all.  We however just laughed at them.

Never knowingly overstated.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 15:48:24 »

I was up by the yellow gate, 6:45 onwards I was about 20 steps down  Grin
china red

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 15:52:30 »

I can remember the noise being made by city, was a stupid idea to give any away team that end
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 15:52:45 »

Now the original question has been answered... Let's focus on the return match instead.

Lets hope we can get something like that back at some point. What a side really.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: