Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Birmingham City v STFC  (Read 21187 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 20:43:49 »

Defensive masterclass Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #121 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 21:14:44 »

I can't take much from that, other than I do not like that goalie.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 22:09:09 »

Sobering stuff.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 00:04:08 »

6-1. 6 bloody 1.......
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 02:39:38 »

I have no idea who was playing, what formation we were playing

...BUT...IF....

That is even remotely close to our best XI (and I am not suggesting it is for a second) then we’re only 10 players short of having a good first XI
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 07:35:10 »

...BUT...IF....

That is even remotely close to our best XI (and I am not suggesting it is for a second) then we’re only 10 players short of having a good first XI

I think that is the worry from a 6-1 preseason drubbing. We all get very excited in the close season when there are lots of signings. There is optimism and positivity at the fact that a number of players that look good on paper, or are hidden gems, have been snapped up and are joining to form the greatest Town side ever. A result like this against a U23 side suggests to me that the squad is not quite as good as we hoped it would be!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 07:56:37 »

Or OR, it's just that they've been doing so much fitness work that they're absolutely fucked, as shown by no. 10 stretching out  his calfs 5 minutes in to the game.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 08:17:11 »

Or OR, it's just that they've been doing so much fitness work that they're absolutely fucked, as shown by no. 10 stretching out  his calfs 5 minutes in to the game.

Sent from my CLT-L09

They have been doing a lot of fitness work, I’m pretty sure RW has said that before. He wants them to run, plus the Birmingham side did have some first team players in there.

Crawley being a new signing for them, we were probably the best test they could ask for to look at him more.

But also, a tired league 2 team vs a young and eager Champ/U23 side was likely to end this way. Probably nailed a few coffins and confirmed a lot for RW. Just what we would want on a pre season game with trialists.

I’d prefer to have a game like this, so we can see where we’re falling down and work on it, rather than going 3/4 games into the season suffering and moral taking a massive hit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 08:22:07 »

The players are probably the same.  Whatever Wellens was trying clearly didn't work, but it's what bcd friendlies are for.  He's got a fortnight, to more or less complete recruitment, and stick out a side that can avoid our recent humiliations at Glanford Park
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 08:24:24 »

We were the better side 2nd half. Play like that in L2 and we’re more than OK.

Just the kind of game needed - highlighted, starkly, the difference between the 2 halves.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #130 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 08:50:08 »

I quite liked the idea of Krastev - Young, U21 experience, a bit like a European Rhys Evans. I saw one training video and even in that he looked suspect and ponderous.
Sorry I disagree 100% after watching him play a full 90 mins..

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 08:55:52 »

its a pre season friendly.

Did we defend shitily in the first half, yes. But success and failure in pre season are seldom indicators of much.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #132 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 09:04:34 »

The players are probably the same.  Whatever Wellens was trying clearly didn't work, but it's what bcd friendlies are for.  He's got a fortnight, to more or less complete recruitment, and stick out a side that can avoid our recent humiliations at Glanford Park
The players knew exactly what their positions and roles were.

A few of them just were not able to play it.

Conroy was way out of his depth, as was Ballard in a back 3. Yates is a decent striker but not a target man.

Hope this clears up the formation issue, which when watching the whole game and not just a few minutes of highlights showed that the players know the formation, we just currently don't have the players capable of playing it.

Also the young keeper was at fault for a few of the goals, one reason we cannot risk putting him or Henry in the side as you suggested.

The keeper did not command his area, did not claim any crosses and his handing was shocking as was his shot stopping except for 2 saves he made.

He was nowhere near any of the goals.

We were over run in midfield by Crowley who is way better than any player we are likely to face this season, if somebody like Carroll was in there mixing it up and stopping his runs they would not have won as easily as they did. Get Conroy back at CB asap.

It was a pre season game, we played an untested keeper who was at fault for a few goals, we played an untested CB who was at fault for a couple of the goals with his poor positioning, Baudrey made one mistake and was punished but otherwise he was excellent at the back and head and shoulders above most defenders we have had in the last 3 or 4 seasons.

It is not time to start cutting your wrists yet.

A holding midfielder, a creative midfielder or 2 and a striker or 2 are needed.

EXACTLY as Wellens has said he wants, its like he actually knows what he is doing, weird that.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 09:13:25 »

The players knew exactly what their positions and roles were.

A few of them just were not able to play it.

Conroy was way out of his depth, as was Ballard in a back 3. Yates is a decent striker but not a target man.

Hope this clears up the formation issue, which when watching the whole game and not just a few minutes of highlights showed that the players know the formation, we just currently don't have the players capable of playing it.

Also the young keeper was at fault for a few of the goals, one reason we cannot risk putting him or Henry in the side as you suggested.

The keeper did not command his area, did not claim any crosses and his handing was shocking as was his shot stopping except for 2 saves he made.

He was nowhere near any of the goals.

We were over run in midfield by Crowley who is way better than any player we are likely to face this season, if somebody like Carroll was in there mixing it up and stopping his runs they would not have won as easily as they did. Get Conroy back at CB asap.

It was a pre season game, we played an untested keeper who was at fault for a few goals, we played an untested CB who was at fault for a couple of the goals with his poor positioning, Baudrey made one mistake and was punished but otherwise he was excellent at the back and head and shoulders above most defenders we have had in the last 3 or 4 seasons.

It is not time to start cutting your wrists yet.

A holding midfielder, a creative midfielder or 2 and a striker or 2 are needed.

EXACTLY as Wellens has said he wants, its like he actually knows what he is doing, weird that.

Not sure what point you're trying to make... other than saying we shouldn't play Henry because the Bulgarian chucked in a few, which doesn't make any sense.

As a rookie gaffer, Wellens was always going to come up against knowing what he wants and then having to deal with what he can get.   It seems pretty obvious that he isn't yet where he wants to be.... still a fortnight to go and an extended window on loans from I think Div 3, not sure if it applies to higher.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #134 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 09:27:08 »

What I am saying is that Wellens knows what he wants, Power will try and get him what he wants, there is still 2 weeks to the start of the season and we have 80% of the team sorted. Also that we cannot start with a rookie keeper in goal in any game that means anything.

Wellens has highlighted what we are missing and will sign players to play those roles yet you seem to be suggesting we wont get any players from this comment.
As a rookie gaffer, Wellens was always going to come up against knowing what he wants and then having to deal with what he can get.

Yet again your absolute negativity about us being able to make any signings of note is just tedious.

You yourself state there is still 2 weeks to make signings, so why do you think Wellens won't be able to make those signings?

Other than your own morbid cynicism what makes you think we will not sign anyone who can do the job?

It must be awful living you life so utterly negative about everyting all the time? Asking for a friend.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: