Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morfuni investing heavily in STFC  (Read 32073 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 12:08:17 »

The Training Ground had made a material impact on the Balance Sheet in the tiny accounts that are filed and the rights to buy the freehold to a site where the club owns the structures may well be enough of a carrot to get to a 7m valuation.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 12:18:05 »

Whats going on with the training ground etc.

I note that three applications went in back end of last year for 1) formalising the training facility, 2) an equestrian facility (I assume for Powers racing operation) and 3) 18 houses where the lodges previously had consent. Masterplan is here https://pa1.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/files/F45B5A0C0435380CD1BF749E07732866/pdf/S_18_1782-OVERALL_SITE_MASTER_PLAN-701792.pdf

A quick look online suggests that there is nothing on the file since about March?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 12:26:28 »

Just read the article and I have to say I take the positives from it.  The fact he mentioned going through the EFL's pointless test would suggest it is pretty formal and not just him trying to pressure Power over some bad deal.  That infers Power is OK as it has had to go through the formal channels before approval.  Seems likely we are a staging post for his company, which seems fine to me if we get the benefits from that deal of a redeveloped stadium to use in marketing slicks.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 12:34:25 »

Just read the article and I have to say I take the positives from it.  The fact he mentioned going through the EFL's pointless test would suggest it is pretty formal and not just him trying to pressure Power over some bad deal.  That infers Power is OK as it has had to go through the formal channels before approval.
That's a really good shout, hadn't thought of that! That's quite cheered me up!
Flashheart

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 12:36:15 »

Whats going on with the training ground etc.

I note that three applications went in back end of last year for 1) formalising the training facility, 2) an equestrian facility (I assume for Powers racing operation) and 3) 18 houses where the lodges previously had consent. Masterplan is here https://pa1.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/files/F45B5A0C0435380CD1BF749E07732866/pdf/S_18_1782-OVERALL_SITE_MASTER_PLAN-701792.pdf

A quick look online suggests that there is nothing on the file since about March?

The last thing I remember was that they have some thingamydoo presenting the plans to the local community.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 13:22:38 »

The last thing I remember was that they have some thingamydoo presenting the plans to the local community.

Not that successfully as Highworth TC have objected to all three applications.
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 13:55:16 »

Oh dear
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 13:59:38 »

Not that successfully as Highworth TC have objected to all three applications.
They are probably just trying to get the club to throw in more community facilities to appease their objections.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 14:26:14 »

They are probably just trying to get the club to throw in more community facilities to appease their objections.

They ain't happy, text lifted from letter below as I cannot link to it on the web (the poor formatting is not mine)...

'S/18/1783/SASM – Erection of 18no.dwellings with associated access, parking, garaging, open
 space, landscaping and pumping station.  Twelve Oaks Golf Club, Lechlade Road, Highworth.
Councillors recommended refusal:

This application site is located outside the rural settlement boundary of the town and contravenes both the Swindon Local Plan and the Highworth Neighbourhood Plan (HNP). The HNP was written and adopted specifically to protect Highworth’s integrity as a Hilltop Settlement.

Neither the Swindon Local Plan, not the HNP, supports new build open market housing in the countryside.
From the drawings and plans supporting the application it is obvious that the development would be highly visible from the road giving the impression of an extension of the town and supplanting its boundary further in the direction of Lechlade, in contravention of the community’s aspiration to preserve Highworth as a hilltop town.

The non-provision of affordable housing on this site goes against NPPF paragraph 64 which states that applications should include provision of at least 10% of homes to be affordable home ownership dwellings.

This site is well outside the Highworth settlement boundary, being situated in an isolated part of the countryside on the extremely busy A361 route from Highworth through to Lechlade, a notoriously busy and dangerous road. The site does not benefit from access on foot except from an unmade and unlit public footpath through to the Blackworth Industrial Estate. The closest accessible bus stops are on Roundhills Mead which by the applicant’s estimate is over one half mile away from the site’s entry onto the A361. Even should a proposed new footway/cycleway be provided within the application, as recommended by the transport assessment be an improvement, distances to the bus stop are beyond those that would encourage bus use.
Similarly, the walking distance to the nearest primary school of 1800 metres and shop, now closed, are beyond the recommended distances. This is in conflict with the Local Plan Policy DE1’s principles of accessibility and connectivity, which are also amplified in the Swindon Residential Design Guide.

This application is linked to two other applications, and is, in fact, an enabling application to help financially support application S/18/1781. Taking these applications together, and the three together as one site, there
is potentially a huge increase in the volume of vehicular traffic leaving and entering the site from one entrance. This particular application with 18 executive style houses will have, at least, 2 cars per household. The Equestrian Training Facility will generate an increase in lorry and car traffic, whilst the Football Training Centre, Headquarters and Academy has built into it parking for 96 cars and the inevitable daily traffic of support vehicles. This will put enormous pressure onto what is an already busy and dangerous route, especially from the one entrance and egress point.

In terms of benefit to the Highworth community, this application brings little, or no benefit, which would justify the breaching of the Swindon Local Plan, nor the HNP.         

If the planning officer is minded to pass this application, Councillors would insist that it is called in to the        Planning Committee and Highworth Town Councillors will attend.

S/18/1782/SASM – Erection of Equestrian Training Facility comprising a courtyard barn accommodating 20 no. stables and ancillary rooms, including stable hand accommodation, an American barn comprising 50no.loose horse boxes and a hay store, all weather gallop, horse walker, lunge pit and paddocks, vehicular parking, waste storage, landscaping and drainage. Twelve Oaks Golf Club, Lechlade Road, Highworth. Councillors recommend refusal:

There are concerns that this application will have a huge impact on the landscape in this area. The
             provision of accommodation within the application is of concern, as is the size and ambition of the whole
             concept. The impact of all these buildings, both in size and in height, will alter the landscape
             disproportionally. It is surprising that there does not appear to be an impact assessment by the Landscape
             Officers regarding this application.

There are concerns about the ecological impact that this application will have on the area. Other applications in this part of the town, particularly in relation to its countryside location, have demanded ecological assessments and stipulated conditions with regard to the displacement and loss of habitat with regard to local wildlife.

There are strong concerns regarding lorry and car traffic that this application will generate. This application
             is linked to two other applications. Taking these applications together, and the three together as one site,
             there is potentially a huge increase in the volume of vehicular traffic leaving and entering the site from one   
             entrance. This particular application, an Equestrian Training Facility, will generate an increase in lorry and
             car traffic, whilst the Football Training Centre, Headquarters and Academy has built into it parking for 96 
             cars and the inevitable daily traffic of support vehicles. The application for 18 executive style houses will
             generate, at least 2 vehicles per household. This will put enormous pressure onto what is an already busy             
             and dangerous route, especially from the one entrance and egress point.

In terms of benefit to the Highworth community, this application brings little, or no benefit, which would justify the breaching of the Swindon Local Plan, nor the HNP.         

Councillors believe there are archaeological remains going back to the stone age that require consideration.

If the planning officer is minded to pass this application, Councillors would insist that it is called in to the              Planning Committee and Highworth Town Councillors will attend.

d. S/18/1781/SASM – Erection of Football Training Centre and Headquarters building including changing       
            rooms, treatment rooms, gymnasium, conference rooms, study rooms, kitchen, toilet facilities and office               
            accommodation; re-grading of ground levels and laying out of grass football pitches, installation of drainage,
            construction of all-weather pitch facility with floodlighting, ancillary car parking areas, associated highways,
            drainage (including pumping station) and landscaping and construction of single storey groundsman’s 
            equipment store building.  Twelve Oaks, Lechlade Road, Highworth. Councillors recommend refusal:

Councillors considered this with regard to its benefit or deficit to the community.  Football is a big part of Highworth with two successful junior and senior clubs who are currently, together with Swindon Borough Council and the Wiltshire football association, as part of the Playing Pitch Strategy, are trying to gain funding to build an artificial pitch within Highworth that would be solely for use by the community, clubs and schools.  If this application is granted the Wiltshire football association has stated it would not fund a second pitch within the town.  Attempts have been made by both Highworth Town Council and the football clubs to to get a commitment from the developer to allow Highworth grass roots football access to the facilities contained in the application. However, all attempts at communication have been unsuccessful and there is a strong belief that easily affordable access will not be available once the facility has been built.  The facility will be privately owned and therefore the community use would not be a priority.

The previous owner altered the landscape by using commercial waste. The applicants have not demonstrated  that adequate research and testing has been carried out and sufficient studies have taken place. Councillors believe that proper research and testing require to be carried out with regards to this application and are not convinced that the ground is suitable for the activities proposed.

Although part of the buildings suggested incorporates the original house on the property, the extension to the existing building and other proposed building, together with the indicated large fencing are not in keeping with the landscape both in height and size, if this application is agreed it will significantly alter the landscape in this area.

In terms of benefit to the Highworth community, this application brings little, or no benefit, which would justify  the breaching of the Swindon Local Plan, nor the HNP.         

If the planning officer is minded to pass this application, Councillors would insist that it is called in to the     Planning Committee and Highworth Town Councillors will attend.'

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 14:31:58 »

I can sort of understand the worry about increased traffic but, surely, there must have been a steady stream when it was a golf course.

I reckon the main obstacle is the housing and associated families/children. Maybe retirement homes would be better.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 14:52:24 »

I can sort of understand the worry about increased traffic but, surely, there must have been a steady stream when it was a golf course.

I reckon the main obstacle is the housing and associated families/children. Maybe retirement homes would be better.

I really cannot comment in detail as I haven't set foot in Highworth for probably 35 years and even when I did as a kid it was only to stop at the chippy on the way home from the Dentist and Railway Museum in Swindon.

However in Highways terms the applicant will no doubt have submitted a highways report that suggests that the effect will be within capacity and safe (I cannot be bothered to look).
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 10:29:52 »

Perhaps we can build a creche?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49003836
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 12:21:13 »

I like his last comment in the article:

hat’s where I come in. Despite the distance, I’m always there to chat to supporters over the phone.

“You can ask me anything and I’ll do my best to help, I want the feedback, I want to know what people think.”

So I propose Paul D to have a conversation to allay our fears
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 12:23:49 »

I like his last comment in the article:

hat’s where I come in. Despite the distance, I’m always there to chat to supporters over the phone.

“You can ask me anything and I’ll do my best to help, I want the feedback, I want to know what people think.”

So I propose Paul D to have a conversation to allay our fears

Good shout.

As long as Mr. D asks about Philcam
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 12:59:36 »

Good shout.

As long as Mr. D asks about Philcam

And cheese.

Interested to know how supporters are supposed to get the guys number to give him a call, can you just call the main switchboard and ask to be put through.

Davis, get on it!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 13:01:30 by horlock07 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: