Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Extinction Rebellion 'n' shit.  (Read 10736 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:27:19 »

and the net effect of extinction rebellion blocking the M32 will be zero.

Will it?

Their protests in London got the government's attention. Now it's time to do more to get more than just lip-service. And even if blocking the M32 has no effect in isolation, it can still be part of a much larger campaign.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:27:48 »

The political landscape in the UK is a neverending circle...
Usually yes, but the two major parties are particularly inept and extreme at the moment to an extent that endangers both our economy and our democracy.

EDIT: Whoops, hadn't quite twigged this was in the "trivial things" rather than politics thread. Mods, can it be moved? Or possibly make a new thread for the M32/XR debate?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:31:20 by pauld » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:29:16 »

Labour gets into power promising the world - halfway through the term they find out they cannot pay for all the promises and start borrowing huge sums of money getting us into mega debt.......

The Tories then take over lumbered with the carcrash created by Labour , this means they have to make cuts to steady the ship , they then have several terms to sort the issues  , by the third term the austerity  needed to deal with labours mismanagement has made them so unpopular they go into the next election and lose out to Labour

Labour gets into power promising the world - halfway through the term they find out they cannot pay for all the promises and start borrowing huge sums of money getting us into mega debt.......

The Tories then take over lumbered with the carcrash created by Labour , this means they have to make cuts to steady the ship , they then have several terms to sort the issues  , by the third term the austerity  needed to deal with labours mismanagement has made them so unpopular they go into the next election and lose out to labour

And so it goes on...........

So it's only Labour's fault?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:35:34 »

The Tories then take over lumbered with the carcrash created by Labour , this means they have to make cuts to steady the ship , they then have several terms to sort the issues  , by the third term the austerity  needed to deal with labours mismanagement has made them so unpopular they go into the next election and lose out to Labour

The Tories then take over lumbered with the carcrash created by Labour , this means they have to make cuts to steady the ship , they then have several terms to sort the issues  , by the third term the austerity  needed to deal with labours mismanagement has made them so unpopular they go into the next election and lose out to labour

And so it goes on...........

As public debt continued to rise sharply following Cameron's election (being 50% higher in 2015 than it had been in 2010, this point just doesn't (like austerity) add up (note also that much of the upturn in 2008 relates to the bailing out of the banks, coincidentally led by many of the top Tory doners!)?

« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:38:10 by horlock07 » Logged
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:37:15 »

So it's only Labour's fault?

That comment was a reply to a poster who commented on May And Corbyn changing the subject on Climate change to accuse each other of racism and anti semetism....

Corbyn is an Anti-semetist and racist who isnt fit to run the county  but no Climate change is not Corbyn or Labours fault
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:38:55 »

It's also a total myth anyway. Labour have consistently borrowed less and paid back more than the Torys over time.

https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2016/03/14/labour-have-borrowed-less-and-repaid-more-than-the-conservatives-since-1979/
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:40:25 »

That comment was a reply to a poster who commented on May And Corbyn changing the subject on Climate change to accuse each other of racism and anti semetism....

Corbyn is an Anti-semetist and racist who isnt fit to run the county  but no Climate change is not Corbyn or Labours fault

And May and Johnson are Islamophobic and not fit to run the country, so we are a bit stuck really!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:41:23 »

Corbyn is an Anti-semetist
*Anti-semite. Sorry, but it gets my OCD Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:44:56 »

I know, I was not asking if climate change was Labour's fault.

I was asking about the political/economic cycle you described. You make it out as though the tories are good guys and do no wrong.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:45:05 »

Will it?

Their protests in London got the government's attention. Now it's time to do more to get more than just lip-service. And even if blocking the M32 has no effect in isolation, it can still be part of a much larger campaign.

Government lip service more like.

And yeah, I think it'll make bugger all different. You need a change in society to drive the government. Pissing of the people you are trying to change is a stupid idea.

In any case, the police are actually starting to do the job they're paid to now.
-----
Amusing a guy I used to work with tried to leaflet me. So I asked him in front of his xr friends whether he still had his classic car rental business Smiley
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:46:34 »

I know, I was not asking if climate change was Labour's fault.

I was asking about the political/economic cycle you described. You make it out as though the tories are good guys and do no wrong.

Haha no the Tories are no angels and to be honest why not have a military coup get rid of the lot of the useless W****rs

Thats just the political cycle I have seen in my 50 years on the planet.........
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:49:43 »

*Anti-semite. Sorry, but it gets my OCD Smiley

Cheers......
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:50:04 »

Haha no the Tories are no angels and to be honest why not have a military coup get rid of the lot of the useless W****rs
I think you've just uncovered Boris Johnson's "Get No Deal through despite parliament" plan

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:51:14 »

Don't agree with ER's methods but you could say it's needed as people are not taking notice of the warnings. Short term pain to get long term gain maybe?

Regarding Government spending, it could be argued that the investment Labour spend, has gone on undoing the mess to public services the conservative government creates.

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 13:04:47 »

Corbyn is an Anti-semetist and racist

How is he? He comes across as the least racist MP you could meet.
Boris on the other hand......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: