Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Extinction Rebellion 'n' shit.  (Read 10734 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 09:31:19 »

extinction rebellion blocking the M32 and the police doing nothing. cunts the lot of em
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 09:35:09 »

extinction rebellion blocking the M32 and the police doing nothing. cunts the lot of em

Bunch of fucking annoying cunts that's what they are. It ain't gonna do fuck all apart from piss a lot of people off.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:15:21 »

Good on them. Hopefully lots of people are waking up and starting to examine their own consumption and make changes.
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:18:25 »

Good on them. Hopefully lots of people are waking up and starting to examine their own consumption and make changes.

I'm inclined to agree. My only concern is that they may block emergency vehicles. Other than that, more power to their elbow. The planet is headed for a global disaster yet people are concerned about being late for work because people are trying to do something to prevent it?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:29:56 »

Waste of time, with the global population spiralling out of control it's inevitable that the wheels will come off at some point.

Block the M32 and cars/trucks will sit there spewing out more fumes, what do they think people will do? "Oh, there's an idea, I'll walk to Bristol"
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:34:01 by 4D » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:40:29 »

Waste of time, with the global population spiralling out of control it's inevitable that the wheels will come off at some point.

It's only inevitable if nobody does anything about it, and people are starting to take notice. Largely thanks to groups like extinction rebellion.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:49:30 »

It's only inevitable if nobody does anything about it, and people are starting to take notice. Largely thanks to groups like extinction rebellion.

At the time of the last ER London show, I had an interesting conversation in the pub with a couple of fellas in their mid 30's.

Their take was there was nothing they could do about it, so accepted that we're fucked.... with this in mind they had no intention of procreating, and fully intended carrying on as usual until armageddion time.

I think this is a fairly common response, along with people wanting something done for them rather than by them.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:51:18 »

I'm saying too many people on the planet is the problem. 4 billion to over 7 billion in less than 50 years. Deforestation, increase in pollution and waste. Inevitable.
What's the answer to reduce our impact on the planet? Less humans would help.
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:52:37 »

And an example showing that it can be done: https://www.sciencealert.com/scotland-s-wind-turbines-are-now-generating-double-what-its-residents-need?fbclid=IwAR3fk_ygBVVC2--xZp1u3V-0PUsHQodFD_Gzgnjxq4Bp3H0h349VhjcYIrM
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:54:18 »

The group are vandals. What gives them the right to vandalise?

https://twitter.com/BBCWiltshire/status/1151441685987110912

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:56:32 »

The group are vandals. What gives them the right to vandalise?

https://twitter.com/BBCWiltshire/status/1151441685987110912
Except they didn't do it, they condemned it and offered to help clean it up. But yeah, good deflection from the actual issue at hand.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:58:10 »

Which goes to prove that projects are in place and are also being developed, the protest groups seem to want to cause chaos which does nobody any favours.
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:59:04 »

I can't read that. I'm blocked.

If they have been vandalising stuff then the old bill have every right to charge them accordingly. Nobody is above the law. But compare it to the damage that they are trying to prevent overall. Some mild property damage in comparison to the potential break down of global economies, etc. I know which I'd prefer to see.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 11:01:38 »

Which goes to prove that projects are in place and are also being developed, the protest groups seem to want to cause chaos which does nobody any favours.
The overall issue had lost all political impetus and was being stalled or reversed. The likes of that Danish(?) schoolgirl with her school strikes and XR with their obstructive direct action have put it back on the agenda. Whether they're going about it in the right way is open for discussion but they are having an effect which sitting on our hands and hoping the likes of Boris Johnson (who's previously backed climate change deniers) will fix it for us isn't really going to work is it?
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 11:01:54 »

Which goes to prove that projects are in place and are also being developed,

But not quickly enough. Britain overall is still burning oil for power. We are still using petrol-powered cars. We also need to do more to put pressure on other countries.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: