Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Supermarine V Swindon Town  (Read 12204 times)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 20:19:01 »

Woolery makes it 0-3
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 20:34:38 »

Keshi has misbehaved hence no involvement tonight.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 20:35:05 »

What did he do?

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 20:36:07 »

Wellens didn't clarify. Something in the dressing room. Staying in house.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 20:42:28 »

Good to see RW taking a no nonsense stance on players acting up, hopefully he doesn't go display the full PdC ostracism and KA gets welcomed back after atoning for whatever he did.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 21:43:16 »

I enjoyed that soirée. The four pints went down well the kebab on the way home went down a treat also. The football was, well, football. Behind the goal for the penalty, cheeky chip nice one D. The town lived up to my expectations and I detected a higher degree of effort, desire and fear from the players than previous seasons. Fear from the trialists rather than the nailed on squad, a hunger to impress. I liked it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 21:43:55 »

Away kit is shit IMHO.
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 21:48:22 »

Away kit is shit IMHO.

See it in person confirmed that I actually really like it XD
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, July 6, 2019, 07:01:05 »

Guessing by the line up that Shamal George won't be joining us, I see the Bulgarian keeper is a huge unit, how did he perform?

How did all the new signings and trialists perform?

I know its early and a pre season but all of us long distance fans only know about what happens at these games from meagre twitter updates and posts on here.

Do the new signings look exciting? do the trialists look worthy of a contract? did we play 352/532/433/343? do the players look comfortable in the new formation? what type of player are we now missing from the formation?

That was the last friendly for over a week that any fans can watch so it could be fairly quiet for a week now as they go to La Manga, I see several other L2/L1 clubs are out there too so I expect we have some matches lined up out there against them.

I see it was our smallest win vs Supermarine for 3 years last 3 previous games seeing us win 4-1, 7-1, 6-0.

Still every win must give the team confidence and it all bodes well considering we are missing about 4 players in attacking positions.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, July 6, 2019, 07:09:23 »

I have a feeling we’ll sign Randall. His move to Wolves as a young kid clearly didn’t work out and at 22, needs to find a permanent home. He’s a Swindon lad so you would think would give him the drive to make a name for himself at Swindon.

Would definitely help with the club trying to build that bond with the fans having ‘one of their own’ in the side.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, July 6, 2019, 07:14:28 »

We started with a 352/532 and went 442 in the second half. I thought the new signings all looked pretty good, as well as last seasons players.
I've got to be honest - none of the trialists impressed me at all. The keeper had nothing to do, so I can't comment on him and Randall took his goal well. But other than that, I can't see any of them signing.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 6, 2019, 10:09:35 by Quagmire » Logged
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, July 6, 2019, 09:32:37 »

We started with a 352/532 and went 443 in the second half. I thought the new signings all looked pretty good, as well as last seasons players.
I've got to be honest - none of the trialists impressed me at all. The keeper had nothing to do, so I can't comment on him and Randall took his goal well. But other than that, I can't see any of them signing.
Went balls out in the second half then.. rush goalie?

Sent from my SM-N950F

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, July 6, 2019, 10:24:00 »

We started with a 352/532 and went 442 in the second half. I thought the new signings all looked pretty good, as well as last seasons players.

I think Randal and Quentin might have a chance. Apart from that none stuck out apart from maybe Sutherland and D’ath but a big maybe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, July 6, 2019, 11:05:15 »

Wellens didn’t sound too impressed. Said how our contracted players looked much more comfortable than the trialists.

Saying that, he is taking a few on the La Manga trip.

Is it me or do things feel oh so different this pre season?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, July 6, 2019, 11:12:37 »

Is it me or do things feel oh so different this pre season?

Absolutely - I'm really looking forward to the season and a lot of people I know that have become dis-interested are seeing the positive effect Wellens is having.
I really hope we start the season well, and get some momentum going.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: