Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "You didn't think that through" thread  (Read 2946 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 09:00:54 »

Contemplated putting this in both the "Trivial things" threads, because it is quite funny that adidas fucked up Arsenal's kit launch in such an obvious way, but equally the fact it was hijacked by some vermin to tweet anti-Jewish slogans isn't. So, instead a new category for "things that they really should have thought through a bit better".

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jul/02/adidas-under-fire-racist-offensive-tweets-arsenal-new-shirt-launch

TLDR: adidas did a twitter campaign for Arsenal's new kit launch where people could send in a twitter handle and it would automatically generate a tweet from adidas to that handle complete with picture of the new Arsenal shirt with the handle on the back. Predictably (but apparently not to the PR wonks at adidas) it was widely abused, leading to adidas amusingly automatically tweeting images of shirts with @PissFlaps and the like on the back, and less amusingly with slogans calling for gassing Jews.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 11:35:13 »

Genuinely laughed out loud to that. What the hell did they expect? Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 11:44:06 »

Is this a generic thread? If so I'd like to add that time David Blane thought London would be a good place to suspend himself in a box for 44 days

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3070220/ns/world_news-europe/t/illusionist-faces-tough-london-crowd/#.XRtDv757mJA

As he continues to fast, his “home” has been pelted by eggs, raw sausage and even a hamburger dangled from a remote-controlled helicopter.

Defenders of the Blaine-baiting claim it’s been in good fun.

“If you put a famous bloke up in a box and hang him over a place like this, I’m sorry, the British have a sense of humor, they’re gonna react,” said British journalist and Blaine-watcher Graham Culliford. “You put Mother Theresa up there and she’ll get tossed eggs as well!”

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 11:58:57 »

Brexit
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 12:03:10 »

Brexit

Beat me to it!

This also applies, sadly, to the Kenya Airways stowaway.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 12:43:31 »

Brexit

Joining the EEC in 1973
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 12:52:36 »

Not sure why this has appeared in the local rag up here, but this wasn't thought through!

https://www.lep.co.uk/read-this/cctv-shocking-moment-neighbour-threw-kitten/?fbclid=IwAR3tjbvKLfaKb_uBlAsNM22InjCAJ_bke46IJUww-Lad8xYpa-BR13WojPE/

BTW it was a shitty thing to do, however, why does the cats owner seem to think his cat has a given right to just wander into other peoples houses?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 12:54:10 by horlock07 » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 13:13:17 »

Not sure why this has appeared in the local rag up here, but this wasn't thought through!

https://www.lep.co.uk/read-this/cctv-shocking-moment-neighbour-threw-kitten/?fbclid=IwAR3tjbvKLfaKb_uBlAsNM22InjCAJ_bke46IJUww-Lad8xYpa-BR13WojPE/

BTW it was a shitty thing to do, however, why does the cats owner seem to think his cat has a given right to just wander into other peoples houses?

I cannot stand cats but there is no way i'd ever do anything to physically harm the little bastards.

There is a grey one that walks around our wall and fence peering in but he/she seems to know its not welcome and so has never (as far as I know) stepped foot in our garden.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 13:18:03 »

I cannot stand cats but there is no way i'd ever do anything to physically harm the little bastards.

There is a grey one that walks around our wall and fence peering in but he/she seems to know its not welcome and so has never (as far as I know) stepped foot in our garden.

I like cats, our neighbours have then and they are welcome in the garden (As they have claimed it as theirs they don't crap in it and chase out any others) and means our little lass sort of has a poet with none of the hassle, however they do not come into our house and I know our neighbours would be mortified if they ever did.

What I don't get in that story is the idea that Kevin has (who BTW comes across as a monumental bellend!) that he has some given right to have a cat and let it wander into all his neighbours houses.

But then again it is Norfolk....
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 13:19:12 »

How the fuck are you going to stop a cat going where it wants?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 13:21:10 »

cats is nature
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 13:24:28 »

I like cats, our neighbours have then and they are welcome in the garden (As they have claimed it as theirs they don't crap in it and chase out any others) and means our little lass sort of has a poet
That's one talented cat ...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 14:12:52 »

That's one talented cat ...

She also wears a beret and listens to jazz, we have some very cultured cats up here, that's all I will say!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 14:14:17 »

No idea, my point was based upon most of our neighbours having cats and none of them ever coming in the house despite doors and windows being open...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 14:17:01 »

No idea, my point was based upon most of our neighbours having cats and none of them ever coming in the house despite doors and windows being open...
They're probably intimidated by the beatnik cat
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: