Poll
Question: How do you intend to vote?  (Voting closed: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 16:00:47)
Conservatives - 4 (4.4%)
Labour - 6 (6.7%)
LibDem - 30 (33.3%)
Brexit Party - 23 (25.6%)
Change UK - 2 (2.2%)
UKIP - 1 (1.1%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Green - 15 (16.7%)
Plaid Cymru - 1 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 8 (8.9%)
Total Voters: 80

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: European Elections 23rd May  (Read 29979 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Thursday, May 30, 2019, 12:42:57 »

If you had any real grasp of the car industry you'd understand that diesel is the single biggest issue affecting the UK car market.
Look at Jaguar/Landrover most of the models they sell are diesel and they are now only just catching up by introducing hybrid models. They are also losing out due to a massive drop in sales in Asia, is that caused by Brexit?
My ignorance forces me to listen to everyone.  I give more weight to people who do have a "grasp" rather than (sometimes unaccountable) politicians trying to climb the greasy pole. 

Motor manufacturers have overwhelmingly been in favour of just in time and an ability to plan and invest.  They have been against delays in reaching a deal (which Brexitists once told us would be easy) and against threats of "no deal". 

So diesel, yes, a big factor, especially in the UK but global market conditions and tarrif wars, the switch to electric vehicles, smart cars and silicon valley v motor manufacturers and the need for multinational alliances and therefore governance, eg How might a possible Peugeot : Fiat-Chrysler merger impact upon Nissan? 

But also, Brexit and no deal too, if you choose to listen to the trade rather than the Politicians.  If you have any specifics about how a "no deal" might help motor manufacturing, I'll certainly listen.

What bemuses me is the immaturity of threats to damage German car sales in the UK via a "no deal".  The mutual destruction argument.  It's the language of the jihadi.  I just don't get how that kind of threat might impress anyone outside a believers' bubble?

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Thursday, May 30, 2019, 12:46:40 »

What bemuses me is the immaturity of threats to damage German car sales in the UK via a "no deal".  The mutual destruction argument.  It's the language of the jihadi.  I just don't get how that kind of threat might impress anyone outside a believers' bubble?

'Cos we used to have an empire and won the war alone innit!
Combe Up

« Reply #212 on: Thursday, May 30, 2019, 20:08:16 »

Alternatively
6,085,140: number of people who signed Revoke Article 50 petition, which was dismissed by Brexiters as ‘not 17.4m people’.
5,244,893: number of people who voted for Brexit Party, which Brexiters now believe gives them a mandate for ‘no-deal’.
How were the people signing the petition verified to be eligible, unique and not Russian?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Thursday, May 30, 2019, 21:08:21 »

Quote from: horlock07

and fings were much better in 1945 innit. Spitfires and building things and stuff.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Friday, May 31, 2019, 06:58:21 »

and fings were much better in 1945 innit. Spitfires and building things and stuff.

And spam, tins and tins of spam. Bet SRK sits in his UJ boxers eating tins of spam with a fork (that’s been made in GB of course) on a regular basis!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Friday, May 31, 2019, 08:37:44 »

And spam, tins and tins of spam. Bet SRK sits in his UJ boxers eating tins of spam with a fork (that’s been made in GB of course) on a regular basis!
Nah, that's Legends Lounge. We've already established SRK is a Russian bot, so he emits spam, it's the likes of Legends Lounge that swallows it whole Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Friday, May 31, 2019, 08:42:39 »

Nah, that's Legends Lounge. We've already established SRK is a Russian bot, so he emits spam, it's the likes of Legends Lounge that swallows it whole Smiley

Spam
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Friday, May 31, 2019, 15:40:32 »

"
How were the people signing the petition verified to be eligible, unique and not Russian?

The petition was managed by the Government website, which requires all signatories to click on a verification link to confirm their email address and eligibility.  The idea - put about by Farage et al that Russians were probably signing it is laughable, since the Russian interest is in seeing us out of the EU, not rescinding Article 50.
Combe Up

« Reply #218 on: Saturday, June 1, 2019, 07:18:07 »

Or maybe he takes his UJ boxers to the heart of the EU to make his protest known, rather than sitting behind his keyboard & being brainwashed by dangerous anti-democratic influences in this country

* Screenshot_2019-06-01-08-16-41.png (294.74 KB, 1024x600 - viewed 195 times.)
scribblemilk

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, June 30, 2019, 08:46:21 »

You have to hand it to Farage he does the con man trick very well... get people of dubious provenance to hand him decent wedges of money, while spouting something which he'll never have to deliver.  In the meantime, carry on racking up his MEP pension, with opportunities for shorting the £.

As someone who works in currency trading I can tell you, you are spot on, the man is a fraudster politically as he is only interested in ways to manipulate the electorate to his financial trading gain. It is well documented he influenced the markets to his gain on the day the referendum result came out by lying to the press in regards to the result, this spiked the market giving him the opportunity to short the pound. Rees-Mogg has a hedge fund, you can bet all you like that he is benefitting from the current impass.

Plus of course they want out of the EU so their offshore assets are protected, it is no coincidence that in the years that the EU started going after those avoiding to pay tax by demanding transparency in offshore tax havens that a populist rightsided party pops up to try and get out of EU.

We have all been lied to people, if we leave a few people will benefit a great deal and the many well lets just say, the few don't care too much about the many.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: