Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Supermarket produce  (Read 12210 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, June 21, 2019, 19:17:20 »

There will come a time when people get fed up with paying the same or more for increasingly reduced content.

If fast food chains go down the road of more healthy offerings then they could become a serious competitor to the big supermarkets.

The consumer might also eventually favour a return to a more neighbourhood based grocery shopping experience, over the weekly trawl to the edge of nowhere retail park.
An outfit like Co-op should be in prime position to take advantage but won't have the wherewithal to do so.

Ultimately, the best bet would be to get rid of the lawns and paving slabs in the back gardens and grow your own.
And ditch the second motor at the same time.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, June 21, 2019, 19:47:54 »

There will come a time when people get fed up with paying the same or more for increasingly reduced content.

If fast food chains go down the road of more healthy offerings then they could become a serious competitor to the big supermarkets.

The consumer might also eventually favour a return to a more neighbourhood based grocery shopping experience, over the weekly trawl to the edge of nowhere retail park.
An outfit like Co-op should be in prime position to take advantage but won't have the wherewithal to do so.

Ultimately, the best bet would be to get rid of the lawns and paving slabs in the back gardens and grow your own.
And ditch the second motor at the same time.
That's alright for you old freckers, that  have the time to fanny about with your smallholding.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 08:52:33 »

A couple of people have said they use Ocado and so you may need to be aware of this:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/27/marks-and-spencer-agrees-750m-food-delivery-deal-with-ocado

Basically M&S have bought them and they will phase over to delivering M&S food instead of the 'trose. Obviously Waitrose will just make their own brand of delivery service to replace, I'd imagine.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 18:21:02 »

I find Tesco's the worst. Particularly the vegetables.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 18:26:21 »

I find Tesco's the worst. Particularly the vegetables
They must be bad then as Asda vegetables are terrible and they've suddenly started putting their prices up on lots of items

So, give no fucks

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 18:28:15 »

I find Tesco's the worst. Particularly the vegetables
They must be bad then as Asda vegetables are terrible and they've suddenly started putting their prices up on lots of items

Not shipped there for ages so can't comment. I use Lidl, Aldi and Morrisons mostly. Have had to throw some chicken away from Morrisons thinking about it. Never had an issue with lidl or aldi
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 18:31:50 »

Not shipped there for ages so can't comment. I use Lidl, Aldi and Morrisons mostly. Have had to throw some chicken away from Morrisons thinking about it. Never had an issue with lidl or aldi
Loose or bagged carrots go off within 3 days and that's wrapping them in tissue and putting them in the fridge. What an earth are they sprayed with as they used to last a couple of weeks

So, give no fucks

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 18:43:50 »

Buy some from Aldi or Lidl (they're usually for 39p for a bag full)They last a week no worries 👍
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 18:45:38 »

Buy some from Aldi or Lidl (they're usually for 39p for a bag full)They last a week no worries 👍
Cheers I will try some from Aldi

So, give no fucks
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 10:15:56 »

Got an Ocado delivery this morning. Missus said she's impressed with the produce.
Only really did because they had a 30% off first order. Normally our weekly shop is around 60/70 quid, sometimes more if a lot of household stuff is needed but with Ocado, is was just short 100 quid. Luckily we had the 30% off :-)
Panda Paws

« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 10:23:59 »

If anyone else wants a free 1-year delivery pass for Ocado let me know.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 10:51:45 »

Got an Ocado delivery this morning. Missus said she's impressed with the produce.
Only really did because they had a 30% off first order. Normally our weekly shop is around 60/70 quid, sometimes more if a lot of household stuff is needed but with Ocado, is was just short 100 quid. Luckily we had the 30% off :-)

Same, I think Sainsbury have a similar introductory offer so may do the same with them Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 10:53:36 »

Don't hold your breath, there is a Co-Op in Grange and the service has always been dreadful, I hoped that once the Tesco Express opened down the road they would up their game, they haven't its still woeful and thus Tesco gets all our emergency shops.

Don't have a great problem with Asda veg, but then again we get through a hell of a lot and thus its used quickly, I imagine the uplifts in price are due to the weakness of the pound on all imported stuff, sadly we will have to get used to it.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 10:58:12 »

Same, I think Sainsbury have a similar introductory offer so may do the same with them Smiley

Keep an eye on moneysavingexpert (or whatever they are called) for Sainsbury's. They put together a deal a few months back where you got 'x' off your first delivery and when combined with various multi buy savings, new customers awards etc we got 3 cases of Prosecco for about £3 a bottle if not less.

Problem is you need to be a new customer, so not I have an account, my wife does and various relatives in the village have received deliveries on on our behalf.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 11:01:34 »

Keep an eye on moneysavingexpert (or whatever they are called) for Sainsbury's. They put together a deal a few months back where you got 'x' off your first delivery and when combined with various multi buy savings, new customers awards etc we got 3 cases of Prosecco for about £3 a bottle if not less.

Problem is you need to be a new customer, so not I have an account, my wife does and various relatives in the village have received deliveries on on our behalf.

Just need to manufacture new email addresses. An ex work colleague did this with all the major supermarkets and kept swapping the around for new customer deals. Of course he got found out eventually by some of them but had the best part of six months discounted shopping.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: