Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Late flight compensation  (Read 3763 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 17:31:24 »

I’m supposed to be picking up my brother from the airport at 22.20 local time this evening.

The flight is running 2 hours late from Bristol and the airport here may not stay open for the estimated arrival time.

Would compo be based on the 2 hour delay or however long it may actually take to get here tomorrow morning?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 17:44:34 »

I think it would be arrival time at the airport, but god knows how they deal with it if they bus him in from another airport.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/if-your-flights-delayed-or-cancelled/

incidentally, why is it delayed?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 17:50:18 »

Missed their slot at Bristol - all on aircraft on time for the 16.55 TO. Next slot was 2 hours later.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 18:16:34 »

oh ok. but how do you miss the slot if everyone is on board on time!!

anyway, was just wondering if the airline had a get out. hopefully not
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 21:25:14 »

Compensation is only when the delay is over 3 hours
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 16, 2019, 18:14:40 »

I got kicked off a flight with five others on easyJet from Bristol.

Replacement plane was smaller than the cancelled one.

Discrimination of why me? Was due due to very late online check in...there's a tip for all Te'rs.

Claimed Compo after easyJet went all slippery and the Company kept it!!  250 Euros...!!

Clems Army!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 09:04:25 »

I got delayed for a flight a little while back. Thought nothing of it, and had no intention of going through the hassle of claiming compo.
Got an email from a third party saying i could claim. At first i was dubious but gave it a go. All i had to do was up load proof i was on the flight, and they did the rest. It took about 2-3 months, and the company took a fair chunk, but i got 150 odd euros for doing bugger all. Can't complain really.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 09:44:43 »

Was supposed to be on a flight last night to Dubai, flight cancelled at half past midnight due to a fault with the plane, have had to rebook onto the same flight today.

There was a lot of stressed people having a go at the BA staff at Heathrow, condescendingly speaking to people - I don't get that - the plane was broken, would you rather find that out at 40,000ft?

The only thing that pissed me off, bearing in mind it was around 1am, was they got over 200 people to queue to find out arrangements for hotel/rebooking - stood in a queue for an hour only to be given a hotel voucher and told to ring a telephone number to re-arrange travel.  I had no intention of staying in the hotel (might as well come home) so why not just give me the telephone number in the queue and allow me to get home an hour earlier..

Frustrating, but not the fault of the people doing the job on the ground, I am sure that it is the last thing that they wanted to be dealing with as well.

Not sure where I stand with compo, but I am not paying for the flight - but I guess there might be something available for my inconvenience and wasting my father day.

Anyone got any recommendations on who to work with to see if there is any compo?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 09:48:22 »

Was supposed to be on a flight last night to Dubai, flight cancelled at half past midnight due to a fault with the plane, have had to rebook onto the same flight today.

There was a lot of stressed people having a go at the BA staff at Heathrow, condescendingly speaking to people - I don't get that - the plane was broken, would you rather find that out at 40,000ft?

The only thing that pissed me off, bearing in mind it was around 1am, was they got over 200 people to queue to find out arrangements for hotel/rebooking - stood in a queue for an hour only to be given a hotel voucher and told to ring a telephone number to re-arrange travel.  I had no intention of staying in the hotel (might as well come home) so why not just give me the telephone number in the queue and allow me to get home an hour earlier..

Frustrating, but not the fault of the people doing the job on the ground, I am sure that it is the last thing that they wanted to be dealing with as well.

Not sure where I stand with compo, but I am not paying for the flight - but I guess there might be something available for my inconvenience and wasting my father day.

Anyone got any recommendations on who to work with to see if there is any compo?
Yeah, I didn't pay for my flight either but still managed to arrange the compo with no one being any the wiser. As long as your name is on the ticket.

I used one called AirHelp. Its all done online so no phone calls etc.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 10:03:02 »

Yeah, I didn't pay for my flight either but still managed to arrange the compo with no one being any the wiser. As long as your name is on the ticket.

I used one called AirHelp. Its all done online so no phone calls etc.

Cool, cheers Chubbs - I will take a look

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 10:24:03 »

You should send the Adver a photo of yourself looking grumpy with your arms folded. That never fails
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 10:56:33 »

A photo of myself is never a good plan in any circumstance Cheesy

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 11:49:55 »

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays/#resolvertool
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 12:07:04 »

You should send the Adver a photo of yourself looking grumpy with your arms folded. That never fails

Not good enough,  I want him pointing to an empty runway, too.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 12:12:44 »

Cheers Si, I've given it a go.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: