Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: More crap  (Read 28973 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 14:09:07 »

Now we’ve signed Adam May I was racking my brain to think of any other Adam to have played for Town.

They mentioned this on the Loathed Strangers podcast. I think there are 4 prior to Mr May

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 14:41:19 »

They mentioned this on the Loathed Strangers podcast. I think there are 4 prior to Mr May

I just had to check. The other being Adam Hogg, a Scotsman who made his single appearance in September 1956. Thank you to the wonderful swindon-town-fc database.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 14:42:38 »

How many Adams have played for Town ? ... Steve Adams.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 14:44:13 »

1st Tyler however!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 14:47:10 »

1st Tyler however!

Today I learned that Ty Gooden was christened as such. Always presumed that was short for Tyler...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 16:50:08 »

Hogg, Willis, Rooney, El-Abd.

Surprised we've only had one Adams though. Would've thought the Victorian or Edwardian era would've given us a couple.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 08:18:44 »

1st Tyler however!

Who remembers Carl Tiler?   Thought not. Carl was something of a great white hope, when moving from Barnsley to Forest, but then got injured. John Gorman got him in on loan, as he was trying to get back up to playing again... we'd been leaking goals.

Something of a last roll of the dice for dear old JG, a derby at Trashton, and we were trash.  On paper a decent looking outfit, but JG had brought back Ross MacLaren, who was clearly not fit. 

Poor old Ross, I'd watched them training in the week, which consisted of runs up and down the hill in the Lawns, he could hardly move. Retired a week later.

Incidentally always thought doing runs around the Lawns was good, as provides a lovely view of the CG, and how it commands the centre of Town, a good way of players understanding its importance.

I digress, after about 20 mins at Thrashton, Killer Kilcline went off with what looked like a desire to spend more time on his narrowboat, Robbo went alongside Tiler, to form an ex Barnsley pair of stoppers... Mick Mccarthy it wasn't.
We shipped 3. The Chief having a field day abetted by Junior Bent, who was an annoying little shit whenever we came against Shitty.

JG was sacked, and Carl Tiler played te next game and then returned to Forest. He carried on for some years, as someone who looked potentially excellent but kept getting injured. Killer played 2 more before he was gone.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 11:21:59 »

So, keeping on the theme of names, and in the close-season spirit of More Crap, who (without looking at s-t-fc) are the four Waynes to have played for STFC?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #68 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 11:23:13 »

Wayne Allison is one
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 11:25:37 »

So, keeping on the theme of names, and in the close-season spirit of More Crap, who (without looking at s-t-fc) are the four Waynes to have played for STFC?

Wayne O'Sullivan, Wayne Gray
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 11:31:24 »

A veritable host of Wayne Kerrs
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 12:28:32 »

A veritable host of Wayne Kerrs

Along with the occasional Juan.

The final Wayne made 12 loan apps (2 goals) in 2001-02.

When you get him, I've got another question ready.  Zzz

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 12:38:54 »

The last Wayne's surname has been in TEF news in recent weeks...

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 12:51:35 »

The last Wayne's surname has been in TEF news in recent weeks...

Smeeton?

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 13:21:00 »

Carlisle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: