Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: More crap  (Read 28994 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 16:45:14 »

See title of thread....

So in essence your argument is based on what someone told you years ago when involved in kids football, as contradicting  what both Lou Macari and PdC showed in real football. Doesn't hold up for me.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 16:58:30 »

I am getting bloody confused this close season?

Do we need a  striker who can score 20+ goals or not - was that ever definitively decided or are we still waiting for the stats from 1912 to be fully analysed and spun to fit the argument being made today??
We need a vastly experienced right back or do we based upon our great performance in the 1933-34 season, but only when we played on Tuesdays?
We can play a kid in goal but can he score the 20 goals and also play right back?

Any others? 
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 16:59:13 »

So in essence your argument is based on what someone told you years ago when involved in kids football, as contradicting  what both Lou Macari and PdC showed in real football. Doesn't hold up for me.

I am not convinced that you really know what contradicting means? 
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 17:05:46 »

Unfortunately, when you talk a lot there's a good chance you're going to contradict yourself.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 17:17:09 »

I am getting bloody confused this close season?

Do we need a  striker who can score 20+ goals or not - was that ever definitively decided or are we still waiting for the stats from 1912 to be fully analysed and spun to fit the argument being made today??
We need a vastly experienced right back or do we based upon our great performance in the 1933-34 season, but only when we played on Tuesdays?
We can play a kid in goal but can he score the 20 goals and also play right back?

Any others? 

I think Mr. Wellens is the key to this lock.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 17:35:58 »

I haven't put forward an argument. I've merely repeated some advice that I was given and pointed out the apparent lack of logic in your argument as it isn't clear from your increasingly incoherent ramblings whether it is better to go for experience over novice or vice versa.

Incidentally, in what way has what I said contradicted what Macari and PDC showed in real football?
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 17:48:04 »

Oh and in the Div 4 championship season, Macari brought in on loan a novice full back called Nicky Coleman....played pretty well as I recall and I'm sure Macari would have loved to have kept him given the chance. He also brought in a vastly experienced goalkeeper in Kenny Allen.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 17:57:32 »

Di Canio also brought in a relative novice full back, Liam Ridehalgh, on loan from Huddersfield. Also performed pretty well.....
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 18:15:53 »

Di Canio also brought in a relative novice full back, Liam Ridehalgh, on loan from Huddersfield. Also performed pretty well.....

Also a semi decent, unknown Italian LB who I liked. Alessandro Cibbochi. Wasn't the best but was an absolute gentleman in person and he was one of those rare ones in football today, a bit like Risser, gave 100%. Liked it mattered.

Can't believe he only made about 20 appearances which leads me to...

Which ex Town player (loans included) has made the biggest positive impression on the fans with the least amount of appearances. Apologies if done before but I guess this could throw up some interesting names. I'll mention Cibocchi again because he even got a decent song out of his time here.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 18:28:27 »

I haven't put forward an argument. I've merely repeated some advice that I was given and pointed out the apparent lack of logic in your argument as it isn't clear from your increasingly incoherent ramblings whether it is better to go for experience over novice or vice versa.

Incidentally, in what way has what I said contradicted what Macari and PDC showed in real football?

It's quite simple... both Macari and PdC favoured an experienced RB, experienced meaning at least 2 or 3 seasons under the belt not trying to "hide" a novice in a position we're the game is played in front of you.  They both won the Div 4 title with a 20 year old keeper who had never previously played a league game.  I fail to see how you can argue against these facts.

Both keepers Digby and Foderingham were good enough... we don't know about Henry, and can only find out by giving him a chance.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 18:36:21 »

Macari won the  Div 4 title with Kenny Allen in goal.....
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 18:40:29 »

It's quite simple... both Macari and PdC favoured an experienced RB, experienced meaning at least 2 or 3 seasons under the belt not trying to "hide" a novice in a position we're the game is played in front of you. 
Ha ha....so only the RB needs to be experienced. Doesn't matter about the LB then?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 18:47:57 »

Oh and in the Div 4 championship season, Macari brought in on loan a novice full back called Nicky Coleman....played pretty well as I recall and I'm sure Macari would have loved to have kept him given the chance. He also brought in a vastly experienced goalkeeper in Kenny Allen.

The fact that in 4 of our promotion seasons we've had a keeper with little experience, doesn't mean that in order to go up we have to to have an inexperienced keeper, it just means it can be done....

In the same way you can have an inexperienced full back like a Coleman or Ridehalgh to give you say a dozen games, but ideally for the long season haul you need a bit more nous... which is why Macari went Roberts and PdC went JMac, eventually.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 19:15:25 »

The fact that in 4 of our promotion seasons we've had a keeper with little experience, doesn't mean that in order to go up we have to to have an inexperienced keeper, it just means it can be done....

In the same way you can have an inexperienced full back like a Coleman or Ridehalgh to give you say a dozen games, but ideally for the long season haul you need a bit more nous... which is why Macari went Roberts and PdC went JMac, eventually.
No it's not. Now you're just making stuff up to back up your argument.

Macari went for Roberts because Millwall wouldn't extend Coleman's loan deal. Similarly, he got Mceveley because he couldn't extend Ridehamgh's deal. Macari wanted to keep Coleman and Di Canio wanted to keep Ridehalgh.

The fact that we won the Div 4 championship under Macari with a 37 year old in goal also shows that it can be done with an experienced keeper. And, of course, your statistic is bollocks because by the time Digby won his second promotion with Town he was considerably more experienced. I make it that we've had an inexperienced keeper in 2 of our promotions (in the time I've been following Town).
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 19:20:12 »

Take Koiki as an example, you can see some ability, but he wouldn't be one you'd put money on delivering an auto consisent season, but he might give you a dozen games at some point.  When Lou Macari needed a FB in 85/86 he got in Paul Roberts an experienced player on a short contract... Robbo basically kicked people... his win rate is probably the highest of any Town man with more than  20 games, he was never going to be good enough for Div 3.
He got Nicky Coleman in first, a young, inexperienced full back. He only got Roberts because Millwall wouldn't extend Coleman's loan. Nothing to do with needing an experienced kicker. I remember both players well and, probably like most Town fans at the time, much preferred Coleman.

Ever thought of going in to politics? You'd make an excellent spin doctor.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: