Poll
Question: will we stay up?  (Voting closed: Monday, September 5, 2005, 09:26:28)
yes - 33 (84.6%)
no - 6 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: will we stay up ?  (Read 2693 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 12:45:12 »

Our league one status has already been guaranteed as we were 14th at the end of August. Therefore we can't do any worse than mid table.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 14:14:28 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Our league one status has already been guaranteed as we were 14th at the end of August. Therefore we can't do any worse than mid table.

Yes

/
W56196272
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 15:43:22 »

I can't see us getting relegated, in fact I'd bet everything I own that we wouldn't. King has the experience to keep us up and whilst I can foresee a struggle, I feel it will only be for a brief period before normal service is resumed with midtable obscurity.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 15:53:18 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Titch"
Quote from: "magicroundabout"

i don't see why we have to change our tactics when we play away. It's still a football pitch with 2 goals.

Thats a very good point and one that was mentioned on here a few days back if i recall correctly.  It is quite strange why players/management/fans all think about away games differently.  Definately a mental thing but where that came from in the first place i dont know.

Totally agree, think I mentioned it the other day. At the end of the day its a game of football. As a player you should be mentally strong enough to not let the people/surroundings/pitch put you off.

However, if you have a seperate away formation as we appear to do have, then instantly the players know its an away match due to the formation...then the fact it is an away match will play on their mind, then the fact we havent won an away match since feb or scored an away goal since good friday will play on their minds too

The whole point of it being an away match is that it should be harder to get a result due to the number and louder atmosphere of the home fans - so why the fuck treat Walsall as an away game, us lot up in the corner made more noise than the whole Walsall support put together.  

In fact why treat most games in this league as either home or away when generally support is terrible at all grounds, so it shouldn't make any difference.

As you say Dan if the players are made more aware of it being 'away' as it were, then it will reflect in their play - if they play the same system regardless of where they play then they will be much more comfortable - and it would mean that teams would have to react to how we play, rather that us always waiting to see how the opposition will play - which is why we concede the first goal(s) so bloody often!
town ender

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 14:15:28 »

we'll stay up easily, we'll finish around mid table, maybe 10th or 11th.
Spud

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 14:37:54 »

I cant see us going don but we'll finish 11th thanks to our Home record.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 16:38:18 »

Depressing isn't it

''will we stay up'' ?

''no we'll finish mid table''

Great  Crying
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 16:45:14 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Depressing isn't it

''will we stay up'' ?

''no we'll finish mid table''

Great  Crying

No we'll be in the playoffs, just as soon as King realises he has four strikers, and not one striker and three wingers.  If we don't make the playoffs I will personally dickslap King and his merry men.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 17:03:46 »

I'll go no matter what division we are. I love the club and will support them for as long as they exist.

We won't go down though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 20:30:16 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Titch"
Quote from: "magicroundabout"

i don't see why we have to change our tactics when we play away. It's still a football pitch with 2 goals.

Thats a very good point and one that was mentioned on here a few days back if i recall correctly.  It is quite strange why players/management/fans all think about away games differently.  Definately a mental thing but where that came from in the first place i dont know.

Totally agree, think I mentioned it the other day. At the end of the day its a game of football. As a player you should be mentally strong enough to not let the people/surroundings/pitch put you off.

However, if you have a seperate away formation as we appear to do have, then instantly the players know its an away match due to the formation...then the fact it is an away match will play on their mind, then the fact we havent won an away match since feb or scored an away goal since good friday will play on their minds too

The whole point of it being an away match is that it should be harder to get a result due to the number and louder atmosphere of the home fans - so why the fuck treat Walsall as an away game, us lot up in the corner made more noise than the whole Walsall support put together.  

In fact why treat most games in this league as either home or away when generally support is terrible at all grounds, so it shouldn't make any difference.

As you say Dan if the players are made more aware of it being 'away' as it were, then it will reflect in their play - if they play the same system regardless of where they play then they will be much more comfortable - and it would mean that teams would have to react to how we play, rather that us always waiting to see how the opposition will play - which is why we concede the first goal(s) so bloody often!

Sometimes I do wonder how King passes himself off as a football manager, I think the town end forum should take over the team!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: