Poll
Question: will we stay up?  (Voting closed: Monday, September 5, 2005, 09:26:28)
yes - 33 (84.6%)
no - 6 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: will we stay up ?  (Read 2694 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 09:26:28 »

on current form its gonna be mighty close, however i do think we have a better squad than the todd season when we finished a point above the zone

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 09:51:56 »

It's going to be a mid-table finish, not good enough for promotion, but not so bad that we'll get relegated

Titch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 09:52:49 »

We will be fine!  Bit os positive thinking always helps and if everyone went to the games and really got behind the lads then that could be worth more points.

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 10:03:12 »

Quote from: "STFCere"
on current form its gonna be mighty close, however i do think we have a better squad than the todd season when we finished a point above the zone

On current form we'll go down....end of.   Can we improve? I suppose its possible, but all the indicators are there for a season of struggle.

At the moment 5 of our squad can bale out in Jan, if it looks bleak and most of the rest can follow in May....so I don't suppose they're too worried.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 10:37:58 »

Quote from: "Titch"
We will be fine!  Bit os positive thinking always helps and if everyone went to the games and really got behind the lads then that could be worth more points.

but it's hard to get motavated at games when we watch an inept manager playing negative tactics. Us as fans don't want that. Especially against a team like Walsall.

If it continues people will stop going it's as simple as that.

Titch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 10:44:46 »

Oh I agree with that.  The good thing is that the negative tactics are reserved mainly for away games!  I am just a much more positive person by nature than most so I tend not to worry too much about things to be honest.

magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 10:50:32 »

The good thing is that the negative tactics are reserved mainly for away games!

the 4.5.1 at Tranmere for me worked as Tranmere are a good side so we had to be a bit cautious but Walsall are terrible and we should be all out attacking against them. We have 5 strikers yet when roberts and Cureton came on they played on the wings?? whats the fucking point in that??

i don't see why we have to change our tactics when we play away. It's still a football pitch with 2 goals.

Sade

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 11:24:24 »

Hopefully soon we'll pick up a bit of consistency.I certainly think that with the squad we have we will not go down.So I think it will either be a middle table finish again or we could just get into the play offs.Its still quite early to decide though,and this is football guys!it can go anyway.

RED ARMY
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 11:37:34 »

i shouldn't worry too much folks. we wont be going down.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 11:56:09 »

We WILL be playing Oxford next season......FACT! Crying
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 12:02:14 »

In which cup?
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 12:03:51 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"

i don't see why we have to change our tactics when we play away. It's still a football pitch with 2 goals.

Thats a very good point and one that was mentioned on here a few days back if i recall correctly.  It is quite strange why players/management/fans all think about away games differently.  Definately a mental thing but where that came from in the first place i dont know.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 12:03:55 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
In which cup?

LDV Vans....

Also in the league  Crying
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 12:06:12 »

Quote from: "Titch"
Quote from: "magicroundabout"

Thats a very good point and one that was mentioned on here a few days back if i recall correctly.  It is quite strange why players/management/fans all think about away games differently.  Definately a mental thing but where that came from in the first place i dont know.

Totally agree, think I mentioned it the other day. At the end of the day its a game of football. As a player you should be mentally strong enough to not let the people/surroundings/pitch put you off.

However, if you have a seperate away formation as we appear to do have, then instantly the players know its an away match due to the formation...then the fact it is an away match will play on their mind, then the fact we havent won an away match since feb or scored an away goal since good friday will play on their minds too
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 12:42:41 »

Quote from: "sade"
Hopefully soon we'll pick up a bit of consistency.I certainly think that with the squad we have we will not go down.So I think it will either be a middle table finish again or we could just get into the play offs.Its still quite early to decide though,and this is football guys!it can go anyway.

Point is we are consistent.....only consistently poor.

Our squad is quite weak...and the two big name signings have unsurprisingly proved disastrous....Saturday has now become a massive game...if we can pull out a win then we get a bit of breathing space....a defeat and the calls for King's head will grow louder.

I think that Eastwood is suspended,  which is a good thing, as the gods of football would ensure he bites King's butt.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: