Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Women’s World Cup  (Read 28979 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 20:47:31 »

Goaline tech, VAR, Diving, gamesmanship, money, all here to stay.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 20:50:22 »

I've tried, I honestly have, but I just can't like Women's football.  I know you should treat it as a separate sport, but you can't get away from the fact it's the same as Men's but with Women, nothing much else is different.  As such, the ability, pace etc. just seems so poor, and I say that without a hint of irony as a Swindon supporter.
Said exactly the same the other day. Wouldn't go watch this standard if it was men's and feel the same even if it is 'elite' females.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 20:51:14 »

Any reason why they can't stop the clock when VAR kicks in?

Because the Ref owns the time keeping, so anything on screen is for viewing pleasure only.  You'd have to have the timekeeping out of the refs hands, or have it linked.  Rugby get the ref to ask for the clock to stop and start, that would suffice if they want the ref to have control, but then you get basic time wasting to add in, which isn't really catered for in Rugby.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 20:55:06 »

Got to practice those penalties

I come from a land down-under
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 20:55:29 »

Wait for it.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 20:57:41 »

If that Ellen White has bottled taking that penalty then it’s shocking
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 21:30:09 »

Why wasn't the Yank sent off.....she was the last 'man' and the ref through VAR saw it from 9 different angles?!

Decision was right and then didn't act on it.

Yank just nodded took one for the team and after that dogshit penalty, got away with it.

Is there some new rule?

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 21:36:08 »

there you go. equality.

FFS England
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 21:46:25 »

Why wasn't the Yank sent off.....she was the last 'man' and the ref through VAR saw it from 9 different angles?!

Decision was right and then didn't act on it.

Yank just nodded took one for the team and after that dogshit penalty, got away with it.

Is there some new rule?
Double Jeopardy rule apparently.

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, July 3, 2019, 07:28:31 »

My thoughts on last nights match....VAR is a load of bollocks. USA had more players who were better than England's.
Why the centre forward isn't fighting to take the pens I don't know. Has to be an attacking player. Centre backs shouldn't be on them.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, July 3, 2019, 08:30:30 »

It was OK, we were poor and they were much better and deserved it although they seem a few years further forward in executing the dark arts of the game and made us look a bit naive at times. Whilst I can see certain merits in VAR its becoming a pain in the arse, if nothing else we might as well do away with Linesmen completely, I thought offside was rightly to do away with goal hanging but this off by 1/4" is just delaying things and getting silly.

More general comments, Hope Solo has a very peculiar accent, thankfully they did away with the Dublin Nobbs combo which at least made life easier for the cameraman and finally nice to see good old Phil referring to going down to 10 men!, Christ he was a bit hyper in that interview at the end.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, July 3, 2019, 08:56:03 »

Said exactly the same the other day. Wouldn't go watch this standard if it was men's and feel the same even if it is 'elite' females.
I assume you've not been to watch Town for the last 3 or 4 years then?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, July 3, 2019, 08:58:04 »

Whilst I can see certain merits in VAR its becoming a pain in the arse
Completely ruins celebrating a goal. Given that's one of the major points of football, they either need to find a way to fix this or just get rid and go back to good old unreliable humans making a judgement call. Yes, they'll get it wrong some of the time, but if VAR continues like it is, it's killing one of the major high points of any match
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, July 3, 2019, 09:12:11 »

the whole VAR needs looking at and quickly.

I get the concept of it but its being used all wrong. Get rid of the muppets in a van somewhere and give the responsibility to the ref and only the ref to check something if they need to, not some muppet talking in her ear.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, July 3, 2019, 09:29:57 »

the whole VAR needs looking at and quickly.

I get the concept of it but its being used all wrong. Get rid of the muppets in a van somewhere and give the responsibility to the ref and only the ref to check something if they need to, not some muppet talking in her ear.

I dunno, the Ref took a bloody age over the penalty.

Later on I generally thought she was going to have a Poll when she booked Bright and then took an age to red card her!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: