Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Women’s World Cup  (Read 28975 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, June 23, 2019, 16:54:33 »

Ridiculous scenes from Cameroon after VAR decisions went against them.   

Reminds me of Ziare back in the 1974 WC.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, June 23, 2019, 17:02:06 »

Reminds me of Ziare back in the 1974 WC.
I had forgotten that, it was like Ziare had never seen a rule book!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, June 23, 2019, 17:53:28 »

Distinct lack of non white players in the England team.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, June 23, 2019, 17:55:28 »

I had forgotten that, it was like Ziare had never seen a rule book!

Frazackerly. I thought the Cameroon ladies were going to fuck off back to the changing room. I’m sure at the very least their ladies FA will have a communique or two from FIFA. regarding their conduct and understanding of the rules.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, June 23, 2019, 19:38:47 »

Distinct lack of non white players in the England team.

Distinct lack of non black players in the Cameroon team.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, June 23, 2019, 21:26:29 »

The French fans doing that fcuking Viking clap, how embarrassing

I come from a land down-under
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 05:45:15 »

The French fans doing that fcuking Viking clap, how embarrassing
Are they still doing the Mexican wave as well?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 10:45:38 »

I have always liked watching women's football as it seemed immune from the play acting and constant pathetic whinging at officials that seems to have affected the men's game, however this tournament suggests they are catching up fast!!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 16:28:11 »

Not that I really care but...

The pundits completely contradict each other in this clip. When England score, it's "Well she wasn't interfering with play so it's clearly a goal"...but when Cameroon scored it changed to "It doesn't matter if she's interfering or not, offside is offside"...WTF?? Both goals should have been given or neither. I can see why Cameroon were a bit pissed off...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/48739245

Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 16:40:08 »

The pundits completely contradict each other in this clip. When England score, it's "Well she wasn't interfering with play so it's clearly a goal"...but when Cameroon scored it changed to "It doesn't matter if she's interfering or not, offside is offside"...WTF?? Both goals should have been given or neither. I can see why Cameroon were a bit pissed off...

Because of the pundits comments or the officials interpretation of the rules and the VAR system?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 16:48:28 »

Had the League of Nations handed over control of most of Cameroon to the British as opposed to the French after WW1, then it stands to reason that the behaviour of the team last night would have been much more well mannered and polite than it was.

French - bad influence.  Hmmm

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #56 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 16:49:06 »

They didn't say, "it doesn't matter if she's interfering or not", they were saying while it could be argued she's not interfering because she's running back onside, the law states otherwise.

They went mental after the first decision anyway, so they can hardly say they were angry about double standards. The worst bit was the Cameroon captain(?) screaming at the England player on the floor after she'd just been given a leg-breaker.
REDBUCK

« Reply #57 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 17:53:34 »

I have always liked watching women's football as it seemed immune from the play acting and constant pathetic whinging at officials that seems to have affected the men's game, however this tournament suggests they are catching up fast!!

Watching the USA tells you they've have obviously been practicing the dark arts.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 14:10:37 »

What? With the England goal, the player receiving the ball is onside. With the Cameroon goal, the player receiving the ball is offside. Thay're not talking about the 'inactive' player.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 19:48:40 »

Why do the BBC continue to insist on standing the very petit Jordan Nobbs next to the very tall Dion Dublin....

Sent from my SM-J330FN
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: