Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Women’s World Cup  (Read 28972 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 18:42:02 »

It just seems to me that he got the job because of playing for ManU for a bit, rather than any record of success in women's football.... or men's for that matter.

Fair point and probably some truth in that, he does seem to be doing quite well so far though
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 19:09:31 »

It just seems to me that he got the job because of playing for ManU for a bit, rather than any record of success in women's football.... or men's for that matter.
Doesn't invalidate what he's done since being in charge or the achievements of the team as a whole who have done really well. For once, I'm with Legends, childish and petty attitude
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 19:16:22 »

Doesn't invalidate what he's done since being in charge or the achievements of the team as a whole who have done really well. For once, I'm with Legends, childish and petty attitude

Fair enough, I don't post comments expecting agreement... so I'll leave it with what I said previously, hope the players and you fans all enjoy the tournament, hope England win, but don't think they will with Neville in charge.   I know that's all controversial...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 19:18:42 »

Fair enough, I don't post comments expecting agreement... so I'll leave it with what I said previously, hope the players and you fans all enjoy the tournament, hope England win, but don't think they will with Neville in charge.   I know that's all controversial...
Ah my apologies, I'd misread your original post as hoping they wouldn't because Neville was in charge. My bad. As you were.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, June 9, 2019, 10:05:12 »

Don't know why they bother having goalkeepers in the women's game. They all seem to be abysmal. Virtually anything on target seems to go in. They all seem way to keen to try to come for the ball when it's fired into the box and fluff it up all the time too.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 9, 2019, 10:07:33 by Arriba » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, June 9, 2019, 10:38:19 »

If anyone is interested the England pre tournament documentary is on BBC1 @ 3pm. You can then asses Mr. Regimortis’ comments about Mr. Neville’s suitability to be manager of the Women’s national team.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 9, 2019, 10:43:52 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, June 9, 2019, 15:55:52 »

Fair play to both Eng & Sco Ladies. Showed the men how to sing an anthem. Good start.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, June 9, 2019, 16:11:14 »

Harsh penalty decision but the new rules are the new rules. 1-0 England.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 9, 2019, 18:10:55 by Legends-Lounge » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, June 9, 2019, 17:37:13 »

Whatever the result. 8 for Scotland is the best player on the park by a mile. Great touch, awareness etc. Miles ahead of the rest of em
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, June 9, 2019, 18:11:41 »

Not a classic I think but to win your first game is vitally important and the lionesses did just that.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 14:38:12 »

Slow motion version of the game....perhaps if they made the pitches a tad smaller or played with a couple more players it might generate some interest...that penalty was even more ridiculous than the Liverpool one in the C.L final...FFS.. Doh

Bathtime
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 17:39:27 »

Just heard the official song for the England women's World Cup team.

Steam Irons on a shirt.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 20:37:07 »

A note to Jonathan Pearce of the bbc who is currently having a wankfest; it is irrelevant if you win a lucky 1-0 or demolish a crap team 10-0 in the first match of the group stages.

I come from a land down-under
REDBUCK

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 22:53:12 »

Yes he and the whole group of ladies commenting did rather get uneccesssrily over excited as did some of the USA team with each goal celebrations after the 7/8.

All slightly embarrassing when the opponents were obviously so much weaker.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 08:32:56 »

Yes he and the whole group of ladies commenting did rather get uneccesssrily over excited as did some of the USA team with each goal celebrations after the 7/8.

All slightly embarrassing when the opponents were obviously so much weaker.
Thought this as well. Dancing in the dugout when you're 11-0 up isn't a good look.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: