Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Women’s World Cup  (Read 28985 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 08:39:16 »

Enjoyed watching France v S. Korea. Rather like watching a PL team play a league 1 team very one sided and that Renard No.3 for France is clearly a danger in the air. Must have started life in a growbag being feed all sorts of stuff she’s a big unit height wise for sure.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 08:47:21 »

Ashamed to say I've no real interest in it. I know I should, but can't.

Until we get to the semi final, obviously
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 08:54:39 »

Ashamed to say I've no real interest in it. I know I should, but can't.

Until we get to the semi final, obviously

I'm glad its there and hope that all those who play and like LL watch enjoy it.  However there's only so many hours in a day and mine are taken up with other pursuits.  Would like to see England win, but they've Phil Neville as coach, so probably won't.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 09:09:09 »

I watched a bit of the game, which was quite enjoyable. I’ll tune in for the England games and will dip in and out when there isn’t anything else on I want to watch (which is quite often).

I hope it’s a success.

Also, for people who go onto twitter and moan how there is women’s football on the tv, why not either watch something else, or do something else? There is plenty on the tv I don’t like, but to just have a moan about it is pointless and makes you look like a twat!
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 09:10:52 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 09:20:18 »

The Women’s game has come a long, long way in recent years. Of course there will always be a difference, after all however much legislation there is to make us equall ‘you cannot change the laws of physics’ as Scottie said on the Starship Enterprise, however in this instance it is the law of evolution. Making some minor adjustments based on that this tournament should be enjoyable to watch. Like my mate I also hope England win, unlike my mate I don’t give a rats arse who the England manager is. The documentary on TV the other day, a behind the scenes look if you like was interesting and backs up my comment about how far the game has come for the women.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 09:32:26 »

Enjoyed watching France v S. Korea. Rather like watching a PL team play a league 1 team very one sided and that Renard No.3 for France is clearly a danger in the air. Must have started life in a growbag being feed all sorts of stuff she’s a big unit height wise for sure.
Beautiful curler from outside the box by Henry for the fourth.

Wendy Renard, apart from being about 2' taller than the Koreans, actually heads a ball with more skill and timing than many top level, male central defenders.

Should France and the USA (champions) top their groups, they will face off in a Qtr. Final.  Not sure if that might help the Lionesses.  One game at a time.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 12:49:11 »

Just about to watch Germany vs China. Enjoyed the games so far. What with the Cricket World Cup and the speedway World Championship also on TV, I'm hardly missing League football.

ust be the oldest
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 13:04:58 »

Would like to see England win, but they've Phil Neville as coach, so probably won't.

Based on what? Hasn’t he done quite well with this team so far

I don’t confess to know much about this form of the game (don’t enjoy watching the slow non physical style of it personally), however I caught that documentary the other night and though he sounded pretty clued up.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 14:26:18 »

Nice strike from Gwinn, well taken. 1-0 Germany
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 17:27:05 »

Based on what? Hasn’t he done quite well with this team so far

I don’t confess to know much about this form of the game (don’t enjoy watching the slow non physical style of it personally), however I caught that documentary the other night and though he sounded pretty clued up.

Neville is part of the Salford "fairytale"  I don't thhink you'll find too many Div 4 fans liking them this season.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 18:04:36 »

Neville is part of the Salford "fairytale"  I don't thhink you'll find too many Div 4 fans liking them this season.

Childish, sorry but it is how I view your comment.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 18:20:31 »

I know that, it’s got nothing to do with how he will get on as a manager though
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 18:26:04 »

I know that, it’s got nothing to do with how he will get on as a manager though

It just seems to me that he got the job because of playing for ManU for a bit, rather than any record of success in women's football.... or men's for that matter.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 18:32:57 »

It just seems to me that he got the job because of playing for ManU for a bit, rather than any record of success in women's football.... or men's for that matter.

And the previous manager?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 18:35:50 »

And the previous manager?

Samson had led Bristol to runners up in the league and two FA Cup finals....
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 18:40:35 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: