Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football Loner  (Read 10757 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 17:47:21 »

I do kalsarikänni every night in the week.

I like a beer at night when everyone else is sleeping so it's nice and quiet.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #31 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 18:27:31 »

Only the once. I didn't particularly enjoy it, although not saying I wouldn't again if it was a game I really wanted to see.

I've been drunk on my own more times than I care to remember. I like it.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 18:42:53 »

Once upon a time, going to footy was definitely a group event. That was pre-uni, marriages, kids, moving out of Swindon. Now I walk to the CG with my old man and nephew, they've got season tics in the DR, I'm still wedded to the Town End. Even if I'm on my own, I never feel on my own as there are several familiar faces in the same seats (although sometimes I wish I didn't have to hear the same old cobblers some of them spout week after week).

I've been to loads of away games on my own, especially during the uni years. I've enjoyed being the loner, eg getting on a train from London Bridge with masses of Millwall fans (three generations all dressed the same). I've often found it helps getting into 'home fan only' pubs too.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 19:27:11 »

Never gone for a drink by myself, been to the cinema a couple of times though

Go to cinema all the time by myself, it’s not exactly a social activity anyway when you’re being quiet for 2 hours.

Oh and been to games by myself more times than I can count, don’t mind it, humans generally annoy me.

I should add I do have friends/family despite what the above may imply!
« Last Edit: Monday, June 3, 2019, 19:30:26 by Abrahammer » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 20:01:58 »

been a few times. try persuading a friend to come to the likes of crawley at home...i still have a buzz for it and they hook me in far too easy still.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 20:28:53 »

Eating on your own when away on a work overnighter is a bad one.

Nothing more soul destroying than walking into a restaurant and asking for a table for one
Combe Up

« Reply #36 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 20:45:33 »

Sounds like we might need to start a "buddy seat" section at the CG for sad bastards who want someone to talk to.

Maybe this is the problem with the STFC fan base - no cohesion. Let's use this enlightenment to move forward. Who would like to sit next to me at the first home game next season?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #37 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 20:47:50 »

I think most people on here would sit on your left
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 20:58:17 »

Eating on your own when away on a work overnighter is a bad one.

Nothing more soul destroying than walking into a restaurant and asking for a table for one

Oh fuck me you speak my language and I share your pain. I had twenty years on the road in sales in that position. I used to go into restaurants and ask for a ‘romantic table for one hairy arse salesman’ never failed to get a laugh or three.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 21:13:54 »

Most home games I attend on my own. Used to be about 12 of us with season tickets in the old 'crazy corner but that was 15 years ago. Sometimes go in The Arkells with people I know but prefer being behind the goal. Only part i dislike is at half time. Boring and usually freezing.

As for the game, I get annoyed when people try having conversations with me when the games on, especially my mates who used to enjoy planning the night out that would follow. Had the same pre drink and pub/club routine for years but they still chose that 90 minutes to natter away about it.

Only done 1 away game on my own. Southend away on the coach after we beat Leeds 3-0 at home. Led 0-2 after 15 minutes and the bastards scored twice in the last 10 to draw. That was a long ass day and felt a bit lost wondering around a place I didn't know before kick off to be honest.

Watched 2012 at the cinema on my own when my then partner started working evenings. Was long ish distance so I used to have to keep myself busy for a few hours on a Saturday night. Usually went out and got drunk with her 2 sexy friends until she finished at 1 or 2 in the morning...but I digress.

Usually prefer my own company but feel incredibly anxious doing certain things on my own. Walking through the town centre on my own fries my brain. Hate it.

I have tailed off significantly in this post.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 21:28:51 »

Few times. I dont mind it at all really!
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 04:55:35 »

I think most people on here would sit on your left

Cheesy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 09:02:58 »

Plenty of times, especially having lived in the north for 7 years and counting, meaning I've mostly gone to away games in that time.

Likewise, although in my case the north bit is 20 years and counting (or 25 years if you count Uni), tend not to go to matches on my own anymore as I now have  couple of prem team supporting mates who will come along just to catch  a game, have a beer or two and get away from the kids for an afternoon.

I would get to more northern away games if the bloody fixture computer would not always seem to schedule them when we are on holiday!

Agree however that eating whilst staying away with work on your own is bloody soul destroying! Never happened to me, but a mate (one of the ones who comes to games coincidentally) used to br doing it 3-4 days a week, he remembers being in hotels frequented by salesmen etc getting random bluetooth messages asking if people wanted to go for a pint. 
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 09:06:40 »

Quite like going on my own. Have always been with my dad, but now that he's not so keen on coming due to age/health, and my kids now old enough to come with me each time yet, I'm doing more on my own. It's that or I don't watch games as much. Like many have said here, you always bump into someone you know/recognise anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: