Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kyle Knoyle  (Read 16435 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 14:30:10 »

We had to offer him a contract to ensure compensation.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 14:30:47 »

You can waste a good 5k-10k on travel costs a year when you start commuting an hour or over each day.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 14:32:03 »

So, the fact we offered him a contract doesn’t actually mean Wellens wanted to keep him.

In recent seasons we've often offered contracts to players we seemingly don't want... McGivern last seasion for example and Moore the keeper, when I say seemingly, I mean the fans don't want so assume the club must be similar. With Knoyle most would have been happy for him to stay, so again the assume the club must be similar
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 14:33:41 »

You can waste a good 5k-10k on travel costs a year when you start commuting an hour or over each day.

How many days do they come in, in a chronological year.   It's not te overall cost, that is of interest but  the difference in petrol costs of London to Calne/London to Cambridge
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 14:39:08 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 15:33:52 »

How many days do they come in, in a chronological year.   It's not te overall cost, that is of interest but  the difference in petrol costs of London to Calne/London to Cambridge

It's not just about petrol costs!

It kills your car - If you do double the driving, it's double the servicing and tyre costs, ruins the residual value and you need to buy a new cars more often. 

The alternative of not driving every day means you have to rent digs somewhere.

All these extra costs come out of net pay, so you have to double them to cover the tax before you can compare the salaries.

There's also a massive difference in time cost.  What value do you put on being able to spend every night with your partner or an extra couple of hours with the kids everyday. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 15:37:45 »

Maybe he just really fucking hates Wellens.

Its done. I don't like it but there it is. Lets move on.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 15:39:03 »

Just to be clear, it is an assumption based on the available evidence and the application of common sense.

It's rather like the debate between Bohr and Einstein in the 30's.... Bohr's contention being that quantum theory suggested the moon wasn't there if you are not looking... Einstein's argument, common sense tells you it is there when you're not looking.

And at the risk of opening a new front, I don't think Einstein's going to be very happy with your representation of his method as "basically, common sense, innit", but in a Swiss accent.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 15:46:12 »

It's not just about petrol costs!

It kills your car - If you do double the driving, it's double the servicing and tyre costs, ruins the residual value and you need to buy a new cars more often. 

The alternative of not driving every day means you have to rent digs somewhere.

All these extra costs come out of net pay, so you have to double them to cover the tax before you can compare the salaries.

There's also a massive difference in time cost.  What value do you put on being able to spend every night with your partner or an extra couple of hours with the kids everyday. 

I do know from personal experience that when you set out on a career, you have to make decisions about location, housing etc, which are not perhaps what you'd like but just what you have to do, in order to progress said career.

This is why people are puzzled, as it appears that on the surface in order to progress his career Knoyle sees Cambridge as a better bet.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 16:09:05 »

This thread is just so post-season.

Roll on August.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 16:26:12 »

I really hope someone has pointed Kyle in the direction of this thread.  He'll be having a little chuckle.

Actually, maybe he'll register and let us all know the truth?
Panda Paws

« Reply #55 on: Friday, June 7, 2019, 11:26:47 »

The definitive reason has been found.

https://twitter.com/phildelves/status/1136955895282315264?s=21
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, June 7, 2019, 11:42:15 »

That is cool.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #57 on: Friday, June 7, 2019, 12:03:35 »

Wise move from Knoyle, that shirt has just made Cambridge promotion certs.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, June 7, 2019, 13:07:59 »

Fucking lovel Hummel shirts.

Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, June 7, 2019, 13:56:13 »

Hummel and Umbro shirts  Cool
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: