Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kyle Knoyle  (Read 16552 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 12:45:12 »

I always try to append I assume or I guess etc to what might be considered an opinion
Except when you don't. Which happens quite frequently. Hence this sub-thread
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 12:45:35 »

Some of you need to get laid..
Absolutely but I think Reg does alright in that department.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 12:46:32 »

Fuck it's only June.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 12:53:57 »

Regards getting laid - is anyone offering?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 12:59:17 »

Absolutely but I think Reg does alright in that department.

Is this based upon what Reg has told you, based upon this thread I would not be so sure?  Wink

I have previously suggested we arrange a crowd funder for that very purpose on the hope that he might become a little less belligerent and a little more relaxed! 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 13:14:19 »

Time to move on from Knoyle. Only thing mildly interesting now is what amount of compo we’ll get.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 13:38:57 »

Oh, fuck off

Popcorn
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 13:41:42 »

Its like having our own little Jacob Rees-Mogg, gets caught out and instead of just admitting it attempts to muddy the waters by using evermore long words to say very little, I am expecting some Latin to be thrown in next.

I object your honour. You could easily say the same about McDonald/Corbyn/Watson etc.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 14:13:22 »

From the known facts:

We offered Knoyle a contract
He didn't sign
We offered a lower contract
He didn't sign
Cambridge offered a contract
He signed

There isn't much beyond that we can know.

It is possible we offered an improved contract vs. his current one, then offered a still improved contract or at least the same - which would be the most sensible thing to do knowing that it ensures we'd get some money if he didn't stay.  I'd suggest that this is the most likely scenario for our part of the bargain.

It is also possible Cambridge offered an almost identical deal to us and that Knoyle weighed up other factors such as commute and where he stood in the squad pecking order here vs. Cambridge.

Therefore - Cambridge need not have beaten us in financial terms.

That seems more likely, based on what we know, than your assessment Reg.  Which bit di you think I am wrong on?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 14:23:10 »

Maybe instead of financials, commute, pecking order, manager he simply feels that Cambridge have a better immediate future and are a better prospect than Town.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 14:23:30 »

So, the fact we offered him a contract doesn’t actually mean Wellens wanted to keep him.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 14:25:59 »

Let us not forget that the new Cambridge kit is bloody beautiful, and, AND, made by Hummel.

That too could have been a factor.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 14:27:22 »

From the known facts:

We offered Knoyle a contract
He didn't sign
We offered a lower contract
He didn't sign
Cambridge offered a contract
He signed

There isn't much beyond that we can know.

It is possible we offered an improved contract vs. his current one, then offered a still improved contract or at least the same - which would be the most sensible thing to do knowing that it ensures we'd get some money if he didn't stay.  I'd suggest that this is the most likely scenario for our part of the bargain.

It is also possible Cambridge offered an almost identical deal to us and that Knoyle weighed up other factors such as commute and where he stood in the squad pecking order here vs. Cambridge.

Therefore - Cambridge need not have beaten us in financial terms.

That seems more likely, based on what we know, than your assessment Reg.  Which bit di you think I am wrong on?

Do we know that Knoyle lives in London?

I did point out that the ease of commute might have been a factor.....

Probably just offered a bit better deal and perhaps if Knoyle still lives in London maybe easier to get to.

I don't know though..... how much would you save on petrol a month?  I got shot of the motor years ago out climate change concern so seriously have no idea.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 14:29:08 »

So, the fact we offered him a contract doesn’t actually mean Wellens wanted to keep him.

I think Wellens was ok with keeping him in the squad, just not sold on him.  The signing of another RB so quickly suggests he was going to get him anyway.  It's entirely possible he was happy to have Knoyle around - that doesn't mean he was placing absolute confidence in him though.  Money down here is not big, so players will no doubt jump for some security, a few quid here or there can make a difference.  Cambridge could have sold him on being first choice etc.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 14:29:12 »

Maybe he just fancies punting down the river, or the sights of the university, whatever, we will never know the reasons why he chose Cambridge over us, so for fuck sake, stop the argument, its beyond petty with big words.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: