Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Summer Cricket 2019  (Read 50301 times)
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 21:35:34 »

Was at Edgbaston today. Great atmosphere and very clinical performance. Dont rule out the Black Caps though, they are an extremely cool bunch of dudes - so much nicer than those horrible Aussies. Hoping that there are enough non MCC type fans to get behind the boys.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 21:42:30 »

Quote from: BBC CRICKET
English sporting semi-finals have not been happy experiences in the past 12 months. Too much heartbreak, too many what-ifs, too many next times.

The only what-ifs at Edgbaston were what England might have scored had they batted their full 50 overs. The heartbreak was all Australian. The next time is a World Cup final at Lord's on Sunday.

On Monday Australia's players had taken their shoes and socks off and walked the outfield here. The idea was to feel the positive energy coming out of the earth. On Thursday England took their pants down for them too.

Some of it came from England's outstanding opening bowlers, who produced a combined spell of 3-27 off their first 11 overs.

Even more came from Jason Roy, smashing 85 off 65 balls to turn a run-chase into a run-romp, crashing Steve Smith for three consecutive sixes, the last somewhere into Solihull.

Brilliant England demolish Australia to reach final
World Cup final to be on free-to-air TV
Reaching final beyond belief - England captain Morgan
England are the benchmark - Finch
It came fizzing back at Australia from the stands, because there are few places as fun to be as an England supporter than Edgbaston when Australia are in town.

It had been 9,989 days since England last beat Australia in the World Cup, but it has also been 26 years since the dominant cricketing nation of that quarter-century have won at this ground.

England come here and to Trent Bridge like a team transformed from the one that has routinely been rolled over at Lord's across the same period, to the one that was comprehensively beaten by Aaron Finch's men in north-west London just a fortnight ago.

On Thursday morning Australia won the toss. That was supposed to be half the battle in this tournament of faltering chases and slow pitches. David Warner then clattered the opening delivery from Chris Woakes through extra cover for four.

As auguries go it was a giant raspberry. Almost nothing Australia did from that moment on went right. Almost everything England touched turned to gold.

Australia's openers had produced 43% of their side's runs in the tournament to this point. The partnership of Finch and Warner has averaged 127 a match. Finch had four centuries in his previous nine innings against England.

This was different. This was Edgbaston, this was England - the souped-up, fire-breathing, chest-beating England.

Jofra Archer bowled full and fast to trap Finch lbw for a golden duck. Woakes produced pace and bounce to get Warner snagged in the slips.

Cheesy
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 10:12:33 »

First blood to England. NZ 29-1 6.2 overs Guptill LBW
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 11:29:26 »

Just as NZ were getting comfortable and rolling along nicely wicket No.2 103-2 22.4 overs Williamson latest to go.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 11:47:48 »

118-3 love the way cricket swings one way then the other. England starting to press and ask questions.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 13:40:48 »

I'd have taken 242 to chase this morning, hopefully we get through the first 10 overs in good nick.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 14:32:24 »

I'd have taken 242 to chase this morning, hopefully we get through the first 10 overs in good nick.

Agree

Spoke too soon 😔
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 14:38:43 »

45-50 for 1 would look OK after 10, get to 90-1 after 20 and it's all good. 

I'm shitting myself watching this attack at the moment though.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 15:33:41 »

I imagine Reg really enjoyed that wicket, only one gets to win it so saying we won't is the percentage call and will afford him the opportunity to quote himself as right, he predicted we wouldn't have the bottle, nothing wrong with bottle here.  Two warriors at the crease now, they need to stay there.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 15:48:39 »

Oh dear.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 15:56:26 »

Most important partnership in our WC.  Run chase isn't the problem, wickets are.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 16:32:04 »

The ginger New Zealander will see them home

I come from a land down-under
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 17:33:06 »

He might be the last one left...

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 18:01:11 »

If you you tell me it's down to bottle now Reg I'm done.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 18:02:28 »

Why a super over and not the number of wickets lost as a decider?

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: