Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barbecues  (Read 6500 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 09:45:54 »

... who are boys
Who like boys to be girls
Who do boys like they're girls
Who do girls like they're boys
Always should be someone you really love

It always amuses me, the way womenfolk are banished from the barbie, it's fair enough they can do the kitchen stuff, but the barbie is a man thing... an effort to connect with the inner hunter gatherer.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 10:51:29 »

If you live in Swindon you may want to visit NB Foods, suppliers to the Fast Food Trade. They sell the burgers that kebab shops sell.
Ask for SPARKS burgers. Nowt worse than going to a BBQ and having to suffer cheap retail fodder.
They also sell the buns to go with them - Americana 5" Seeded.
Pay at the cash desk and the guy brings them out to your car.
They sell all sorts of stuff.

Rivermead Industrial Estate, Rivermead Dr, Swindon SN5 7EX

https://www.nbfoodsltd.co.uk/

Clems Army!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 10:58:17 »

Nowt worse than going to a BBQ and having to suffer cheap retail fodder.

But cheap cash and carry fodder is ok?

I think I'd rather 'suffer' my Asda burgers, thanks.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 11:12:29 »

If you live in Swindon you may want to visit NB Foods, suppliers to the Fast Food Trade. They sell the burgers that kebab shops sell.
Ask for SPARKS burgers. Nowt worse than going to a BBQ and having to suffer cheap retail fodder.
They also sell the buns to go with them - Americana 5" Seeded.
Pay at the cash desk and the guy brings them out to your car.
They sell all sorts of stuff.

Rivermead Industrial Estate, Rivermead Dr, Swindon SN5 7EX

https://www.nbfoodsltd.co.uk/

not sure if this is sarcastic or not.

I've no issue with a burger from a kebab van but i would not say i am eating high end premium meat.
Im with Sam, Will stick to cheap retail fodder as you call it.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 11:16:16 »

I much prefer to host a BBQ, that to attend one. I find i can't relax at one i have attended because i have to put so much effort into restraining myself from getting involved in the cooking.
I stay close by, and mutter to myself "your going to burn those sausages" or "stop flipping those burgers every 30 seconds" etc etc
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 11:33:00 »

By trade among other things I have done in my life I am a butcher, many moons ago but I still have my tools and more importantly contacts, infact I have a whole scotch Rump & Loin on the bone aging in a fridge for me to butcher myself at wholesale cost, that includes the whole fillet, not fillay 😁

Home made burger recipie for you. 1kg or about 2lbs in old money of minced beef you can use super market mince if you wish but i’d Recommend you go to a quality butcher and ask them to mince twice something like chuck steak but you DO need about 20% fat content (it won’t kill you).

At room temp (easier to mix with your hands) add the following level teaspoon of dry ingredients as it is less time consuming.
1/4 Cayenne Pepper
1/4 Smoked Paprika
1/2 Onion Granules
1 Paprika
1/2 Garlic Powder
1/2 Sea Salt (grind to a power)
1/2 ground Black Pepper

Mix the dry ingredients together then sprinkle evenly over the minced beef. If you level the mince out then sprinkle rather than dumping the dry mix over a big lump it mixes easier and more quickly. Squidging the mix between your fingers twisting as you do.

I weigh out 4oz and roll it into a ball, set aside. Using a metal burger press I got from Sainsbury’s (I also have a plastic one) but prefer the metal version. Get a roll of cling and pull out & cut about a five-six inch piece. Lay one end into the base of the press drop in the burger and push down with your fingers or palm of the hand bring the other end of the cling over and press. As soon as the they are done lay flat on a metal tray in the freezer. Bon Marche as Del Boy would say, Bon Marche.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 3, 2019, 11:42:13 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 11:40:47 »

By trade among other things I have done in my life I am a butcher, many moons ago but I still have my tools and more importantly contacts, infact I have a whole scotch Rump & Loin on the bone aging in a fridge for me to butcher myself at wholesale cost, that includes the whole fillet, not fillay 😁

Home made burger recipient for you. 1kg or about 2lbs in old money of minced beef you can use super market mince if you wish but i’d Recommend you go to a quality butcher and ask them to mince twice something like chuck steak but you DO need about 20% fat content (it won’t kill you).

At room temp (easier to mix with your hands) add the following level teaspoon of dry ingredients as it is less time consuming.
1/4 Cayenne Pepper
1/4 Smoked Paprika
1/2 Onion Granules
1 Paprika
1/2 Garlic Powder
1/2 Sea Salt (grind to a power)
1/2 ground Black Pepper

Mix the dry ingredients together then sprinkle evenly over the minced beef. If you level the mince out then sprinkle rather than dumping the dry mix over a big lump it mixes easier and more quickly. Squidgy the mix between your fingers twisting as you do.

I weight out 4oz and roll it into a ball and set aside. I use a metal burger press I got from Sainsbury’s I also have a plastic one but prefer the metal version. Get a roll of cling and pull out & cut about a five-six inch piece. Lay one end into the base of the press drop in the burger and push down with your fingers or palm of the hand bring the other end of the cling over and press. As soon as the they are done lay flat on a metal tray in the freezer. Bon Marche as Del Boy would say, Bon Marche.

I only ever use 20% mince. I think your're right though. People are scared to use it and opt for something leaner and end up with burgers which resemble Gandhi's flipflop
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 11:43:52 »

I only ever use 20% mince. I think your're right though. People are scared to use it and opt for something leaner and end up with burgers which resemble Gandhi's flipflop

Or they crumble because the fat is what mortar is to bricklaying. Which is why some recipes have an egg and or bread crumbs as a binder.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 11:58:49 »

Or they crumble because the fat is what mortar is to bricklaying. Which is why some recipes have an egg and or bread crumbs as a binder.
I know this isn't a thread for BBQ peeves but it also annoys me when people have chicken the BBQ and you hear "ooh, chicken, i'd better cook that in the oven and we can finish it on the BBQ"
Stop being a pussy and cook the chicken on the BBQ. If you're really that scared, i cannot recommend enough investing in a digital meat thermometer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 12:03:45 »

I know this isn't a thread for BBQ peeves but it also annoys me when people have chicken the BBQ and you hear "ooh, chicken, i'd better cook that in the oven and we can finish it on the BBQ"
Stop being a pussy and cook the chicken on the BBQ. If you're really that scared, i cannot recommend enough investing in a digital meat thermometer.

Exactly what the Mrs is like. We've got a thermapen FFS. It calibrated to an accuracy of ±0.4 °C!

Anyway, Chicken usually goes into the smoker to do 'beer can chicken'. Which she's fine with compared to the grill! Go figure.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 12:05:15 »

Which is why I said to Batch that the lid thermometer on the Gas BBQ was useful for whole chickens which should be done slowly or a solid lump like a leg of lamb. Never used or needed a digital thermometer myself.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 12:22:41 »

a digital meat thermometer.

Is that a euphemism for something?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 12:27:54 »

Is that a euphemism for something?

Might be where you live.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 12:30:57 »

Webber BBQ’s I love them I do.

Made by the ancestors of Wolfgang Weber, who scored in the 1966 world cup final.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, June 3, 2019, 12:40:14 »

Made by the ancestors of Wolfgang Weber, who scored in the 1966 world cup final.

Ancestors, hmmm, prehistoric type or last century type?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: