Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre season fixtures  (Read 22395 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 09:50:07 »

Not sure that would have been an option looking at the short videos uploaded to twitter so far.  Very much a training facility.

Edit - seems some have made it in fact, my dad could have gone, he's only an hour away but a Cricket World Cup semi is more important, and rightly so.

Perhaps the club never intended for the game to be attended.  Only a EFL Trophy game anyway...
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 10:10:59 by Kinky Tom » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 09:50:55 »

Ah yes I am following on Livescore on the internet now. Cheers all.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 10:49:18 »

Late injury time winner - Iandolo header from a corner.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 10:50:02 »

Late injury time winner - Iandolo header from a corner.

Maybe striker is his best position!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 10:54:44 »

Everton's Under 23s won the Premier league title last season, so they are no mugs!

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 10:57:33 »

No goals conceded - yet!
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 11:44:17 »

Everton site suggest an evenly balanced match with both defences doing well but most of the action in midfield. We obviously made a few good attacks. Broadbent obviously on in second half along with Iandolo.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 12:13:26 »

No goals conceded - yet!

can anyone remind me. i think its a shit pre-season that makes for a good season and vice versa? worrying times ahead if so
Flashheart

« Reply #98 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 12:15:40 »

Oh no!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #99 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 12:23:51 »

Iandolo header from a corner.
Not a phrase ever uttered before!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 13:32:55 »

Yer tis

https://mobile.twitter.com/Official_STFC?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Peter Venkman

« Reply #101 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 10:31:43 »

Everton U23 manager David Unsworth on yesterdays game.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1277257/unsworth-pre-season-opener-an-important-learning-curve

David Unsworth said Everton Under-23s’ 1-0 defeat against Swindon Town’s first team in their opening pre-season clash on Thursday will provide an important learning experience for his young players.

The Toffees delivered an impressive performance against considerably more experienced opponents, matching the Robins throughout in sweltering conditions in La Manga.

An 88th-minute goal from Ellis Iandolo settled the game in Swindon’s favour, however, the midfielder planting a header past Toffees stopper Nico Hansen after an inviting corner delivery.

In a fiercely competitive game, clear sights of goal were few and far between. Ellis Simms came closest for Everton, forcing a splendid save from Luke McCormick after being played through by livewire forward Anthony Gordon.

Unsworth praised the desire and application his side showed during the match but admitted his frustration that his team did not get the result their display merited.

“It was a great game and one that was spot on in terms of what we want for this time of year,” he said.

“The fitness work was very good, the defensive shape was excellent and the effort the lads gave was fantastic.

“It was a really competitive game and a good test against a first team.

“I thought it was going to be a fantastic performance and result but we were disappointed to concede from a set-piece in the last two minutes. A lapse in concentration cost us."

Several of Unsworth's 2018/19 double-winning side are with Marco Silva’s first-team squad. The Under-23s boss, then, has taken a youthful group to La Manga, with a number of players making the step up from the Blues' Under-18 side.

The Everton Giant says it is vital his young charges learn valuable lessons from the Swindon clash – and hopes the game will have reinforced the importance of remaining focussed from first minute to last.

“We’ve got such high standards," he explained. “It doesn’t matter how old you are, when you pull on the shirt of Everton you’re expected to perform and win.

“Against Swindon, we got the performance but didn’t get the result because of a lapse of concentration.

“It’s a learning curve for them and we hope they will learn quickly."

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 10:36:51 »

Was our team 'considerably more experienced'?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #103 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 10:45:35 »

Was our team 'considerably more experienced'?
I would suggest yes, an U23 side with barely a handful of appearances between them in the 1st team and McCormack on his own having 400 on his own.

McCormick, Reid, Fryers, Baudry, Hunt, Conroy, May, Doughty, Twine, Yates, Woolery

Only Twine and Reid with less than 50 first team games under their belts.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: