Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How relatively big is Swindon?  (Read 5070 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 21:51:19 »

A couple of sources.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8705932/Britains-20-biggest-towns.html

http://www.citymayors.com/gratis/uk_topcities.html

Surprised how big Northampton is and how small Newcastle is.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 21:53:13 »

All I know is it's too big and declines as it continues to grow. I want out but the Mrs refuses to move
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 22:30:37 »

Research is off. Croydon is as big as Reading yet isn't listed, and it certainly isn't a city.
Panda Paws

« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 08:17:13 »

Research is off. Croydon is as big as Reading yet isn't listed, and it certainly isn't a city.

Considered part of greater london possibly?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 08:39:19 »

Considered part of greater london possibly?

Croydon is part of the Wen.... clue in the London Borough of Croydon, name.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 08:41:41 »

The research in the Torygraph one is very old, dated 2010 and has Swindon as a population of 155,432 when the census from later that year has Swindons population as 182,441 which would put us in 6th place in that population table.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 08:46:13 »

The last confirmed population was 215k in 2014, estimated  now at 226k. Growth of just over 1% each year. I'm guessing that's the borough.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 09:10:00 »

Croydon is a borough but also a town. I'm just thinking of Croydon town itself. Not New Addington and all the rest of the bits. For sure Readings figure will cover Witley, Calcot, Caversham etc.. Just find it a bit odd it's not listed, it doesn't seem to fit anywhere. It's even in Surrey, but no one uses that either.
Combe Up

« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 09:15:45 »

The majority of all the towns and cities in England which are outside of London voted in 2016 & 2019 for the United Kingdom to cease membership of the European Union (UKExit). Now let's get on with it. Negotiations to re-establish any links can start after we are independent.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 09:23:27 »

The majority of all the towns and cities in England which are outside of London voted in 2016 & 2019 for the United Kingdom to cease membership of the European Union (UKExit). Now let's get on with it. Negotiations to re-establish any links can start after we are independent.

Fuck all to do with this thread, but feel free to infect the whole forum with your monomanic drivel.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 09:31:10 »

Fuck all to do with this thread, but feel free to infect the whole forum with your monomanic drivel.
Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Combe Up

« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 09:39:52 »

When I walk to work in Swindon, or talk to people in Swindon pubs, or chat to Swindon-based people on dating apps it always strikes me how cosmopolitan Swindon is. I like it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 10:00:02 »

Very generous with your misery aren’t you and maybe you ought to polish the pot and kettle. OP was on the wrong thread i’ll concede that but nothing else.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 10:25:34 »

Very generous with your misery aren’t you and maybe you ought to polish the pot and kettle. OP was on the wrong thread i’ll concede that but nothing else.

Big of you. There's nothing else to concede. He intentionally made his point in this thread. That's all.

Irritation, not misery.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 11:40:58 »

Seconded.....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: