Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season ‘19-‘20 Latest Betting  (Read 3620 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 09:59:19 »

As reported in the thinking mans beano.

Bradford: 8/1

Plymouth: 8/1

Mansfield: 9/1

Scunthorpe United: 9/1

Walsall: 12/1

Salford: 12/1

Forest Green: 14/1

Swindon: 14/1

Carlisle: 14/1

Leyton Orient: 16/1

Colchester: 16/1

Exeter: 16/1

Northampton: 16/1

Oldham: 25/1

Crewe: 25/1

Cambridge: 25/1

Port Vale: 25/1

Stevenage: 33/1

Cheltenham: 33/1

Grimsby: 40/1

Macclesfield: 40/1

Crawley: 50/1

Morecambe: 66/1

Newport: N/A

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 10:25:12 »

WE ARE STAYING UP!

Beers
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 13:57:45 »

I got 16-1 on Swindon, paying out on top 3.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 13:58:58 »

Fuckers let me down last season. I’ll wait and see who we sign.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 07:25:24 »

Fuckers let me down last season. I’ll wait and see who we sign.
Same as me, wasted a shed load of money on us last season,  various bets over the season,  every season I say I'm not going to waste my money but you just know one season you're going to get it right .....  and that will be the season I don't bother.  Maybe I should leave it alone.   16-1sounds an average price,  don't think the bookies are giving much away.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 08:34:22 »

Surely Bookies are only guessing at the moment, its way too early to know which clubs are likely to be up towards the top of the league yet.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 08:35:21 »

Same as me, wasted a shed load of money on us last season,  various bets over the season,  every season I say I'm not going to waste my money but you just know one season you're going to get it right .....  and that will be the season I don't bother.  Maybe I should leave it alone.   16-1sounds an average price,  don't think the bookies are giving much away.

No quite shed loads but exactly the same scenario. Stopped betting towards the end of the season in case that jinxed it, but all to no avail. Will wait to see who we bring in before I let heart rule head.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 08:48:00 »

Surely Bookies are only guessing at the moment, its way too early to know which clubs are likely to be up towards the top of the league yet.

There's an element of educated guessing though..... there now seems to be a bit of a gap between Div 3 and 4... last season 2 of the 4 down went straight back up.  Further one of the Conference teams usually kicks on, in fact I'd have Salford down as a good thing at 12-1... but I'm not a gambling man.

We know Mansfield and FGR have a bit of money behind them, so that's why they're favoured.  There's then a clutch of middling clubs like us, who are considered to have some sort of chance then the outsiders like Morecambe, Macc, Crawley etc.

If looking for an outside bet from that lot Stevenage at 33-1, might be worth a go.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 08:56:21 »

We know Mansfield and FGR have a bit of money behind them, s that's why they're favoured. 

In Mansfield's case, had. Not sure if that's true now, we'll see if they offload over the summer.

Can see why the bookies have acted on it of course.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 08:56:35 »

There's an element of educated guessing though..... there now seems to be a bit of a gap between Div 3 and 4... last season 2 of the 4 down went straight back up.  Further one of the Conference teams usually kicks on, in fact I'd have Salford down as a good thing at 12-1... but I'm not a gambling man.

We know Mansfield and FGR have a bit of money behind them, so that's why they're favoured.  There's then a clutch of middling clubs like us, who are considered to have some sort of chance then the outsiders like Morecambe, Macc, Crawley etc.

If looking for an outside bet from that lot Stevenage at 33-1, might be worth a go.

No agreed, its not complete guesswork and your analysis I think is fairly accurate. 33-1 is to win the league? What odds just for promotion? I have a feeling Cambridge or Northampton may be the clubs that aren't fancied much but do quite well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 09:09:42 »

No agreed, its not complete guesswork and your analysis I think is fairly accurate. 33-1 is to win the league? What odds just for promotion? I have a feeling Cambridge or Northampton may be the clubs that aren't fancied much but do quite well.

Mate is a Cobblers fan, so take an interest, difficult to pin down atm... they do have a useful looking squad, and Curle knows his way round Div 4, but there are always money things rumbling in the background.  Bury showed that needn't be an issue, and not having concerns hasn't noticeable been an advantage to us, so you never know.

Cambridge.... I'd be surprised. 

Re Stevenage... Berni got paying out on top 3.
Panda Paws

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 09:11:50 »

There's an element of educated guessing though..... there now seems to be a bit of a gap between Div 3 and 4... last season 2 of the 4 down went straight back up.  Further one of the Conference teams usually kicks on, in fact I'd have Salford down as a good thing at 12-1... but I'm not a gambling man.

We know Mansfield and FGR have a bit of money behind them, so that's why they're favoured.  There's then a clutch of middling clubs like us, who are considered to have some sort of chance then the outsiders like Morecambe, Macc, Crawley etc.

So let me get this right... FGR are "favoured" and we're in the "clutch of middling clubs" and yet the OP's listed odds have us at exactly the same chance of promotion next season. Monty Panesar would be proud of that spin.

For what it's worth, I'll be on Orient to finish top 7.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 11:02:11 »

Same as me, wasted a shed load of money on us last season,  various bets over the season,  every season I say I'm not going to waste my money but you just know one season you're going to get it right .....  and that will be the season I don't bother.  Maybe I should leave it alone.   16-1sounds an average price,  don't think the bookies are giving much away.

Might be worth holding off for a few games. Should we start the season with a few defeats the price will drift out. Conversely if we start the season with a few wins the price will firm up. You could just sit on your hand and do nothing.

If you really fancy throwing your money away you could put a few quid on us winning any of the other prestigious trophies, like the Checkatrade for instance. You’d be certified putting money in us winning the FA Cup, mind you at 5,000/1 putting £100 on Leicester winning the PL had a few Foxes fans seeking treatment.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 11:06:01 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 11:19:16 »

So let me get this right... FGR are "favoured" and we're in the "clutch of middling clubs" and yet the OP's listed odds have us at exactly the same chance of promotion next season. Monty Panesar would be proud of that spin.

For what it's worth, I'll be on Orient to finish top 7.

Berni quoted 16-1, FGR 14-1.... therefore more favoured. OK let's put FGR in the middling bracket, still pretty good for them to be ranked alongside us in our 100th year in the FL, when they're in their 3rd.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 11:26:14 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: