Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yet another not transfer rumours thread.  (Read 9778 times)
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 16:15:23 »

Just for clarity for our new members: Reg is not the arbiter of standards in this forum. Feel free to ignore him. (In fact, I recommend it)

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 17:21:23 »

It's odd, you'd think Reg would be screaming for a front five, like the good old days.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 19:03:42 »

It's odd, you'd think Reg would be screaming for a front five, like the good old days.

Interestingly Wellens has lamented the lack of wingers in his squad.... the proper old skool wimger is largely a thing of the past, not sure where you'd get one from now.... more typical is the Jermaine McG type, a nippy player who works up and down out wide, but can't really dribble and cross.  Town fans used to love a proper winger, but the dribbler has largely disappeared... Matt Ritchie, the modern type, works up and down and has a good delivery, but doesn't really dribble.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 19:13:20 »

Charlie...... Some posters on here try to maintain standards of English 
Reg, your thoughts on the above?  Hmmm

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 20:35:41 »

Reg, your thoughts on the above?  Hmmm

I did a typo... it happens increasingly with age....and rightly I was pulled up for the error. I'm sure there will be more.
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 07:57:13 »

Interestingly Wellens has lamented the lack of wingers in his squad.... the proper old skool wimger is largely a thing of the past, not sure where you'd get one from now.... more typical is the Jermaine McG type, a nippy player who works up and down out wide, but can't really dribble and cross.  Town fans used to love a proper winger, but the dribbler has largely disappeared... Matt Ritchie, the modern type, works up and down and has a good delivery, but doesn't really dribble.

Do you mean old school winger?  Hmmm
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 08:06:09 »

Whinger? What about minger? Oh hang on, ginger.
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 08:14:34 »

Whinger? What about minger? Oh hang on, ginger.

Or do we need an old school singer? Maybe Elton after he has retired from that profession?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 08:26:03 »

No old skool will do... a sort of nod to the music form of uncertain style or date, with it's ironic suggestion of time wasted on education, rather than music.  Some would offer the late 70's into early 80's hip hop as original old skool. Others the 90's, which coincides with the notion of the winger being outdated.   Of course, wimger is a typo, the n and m being adjacent on the keyboard, as I said there will be others.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: