Poll
Question: How do you intend to vote?  (Voting closed: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 16:00:47)
Conservatives - 4 (4.4%)
Labour - 6 (6.7%)
LibDem - 30 (33.3%)
Brexit Party - 23 (25.6%)
Change UK - 2 (2.2%)
UKIP - 1 (1.1%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Green - 15 (16.7%)
Plaid Cymru - 1 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 8 (8.9%)
Total Voters: 80

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: European Elections 23rd May  (Read 29981 times)
Combe Up

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 12:08:34 »

Isn't this the "people's vote" that so many have been demanding?

So a past referendum that doesn't go your way, you ignore.

A current election which the polls say will not go your way, your ignore.

Hey, let's three of us vote what to eat: pizza or pasta? When two vote for pizza, please don't let the third whinge, and scream and stamp their feet coz they didn't get what they want. Just accept the result.

I love visiting Europe and some of the food it has to offer. I just don't want to be in a United States of Europe. Nor do the majority of UK voters by the looks of it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 12:09:18 »

why would you vote, what the fuck for?  Half the people don't even want to be part of the EU (it's way more than that, but most people are rightly just scared of leaving a huge trading bloc).  The EP is there for a reason, we don't want it, so why would you vote for someone to be in it?  For starters, every one standing on a Brexit platform should give their income away that they would receive from the EP.  Any way, as I said, pointless farce.  Your vote really doesn't matter in this instance, not that very many people ever did vote in these elections with the right intentions anyway.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 12:13:48 »

Hey, let's three of us vote what to eat: pizza or pasta? When two vote for pizza, please don't let the third whinge, and scream and stamp their feet coz they didn't get what they want. Just accept the result.

I love visiting Europe and some of the food it has to offer. I just don't want to be in a United States of Europe. Nor do the majority of UK voters by the looks of it.

No, this is a vote to shape an important institution - so important we want to get ourselves removed from it's influence.  If it wasn't important, the Brexit concept wouldn't be needed, no?  Now, if we were staying, then it would be important, especially if you wanted to be in the EU but shape it differently, yes.

It is nothing of the sort when it comes to a second peoples vote.  That's been done, we voted out.  All that's happening right now is that we are exposing our own Parliament to be a shambles - but that is the joy of being the masters of our own destiny, we get the shit we vote for.

Just so we are clear - I respect the OUT vote, we should just take our medicine and Hard Brexit.  That comes from the most pro-EU person on these boards I'd imagine, because I am fully supportive of the idea of some sort of USE and wouldn't give a toss if the Pound vanished - I said all this while living in it for 41 years as well.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 12:51:47 »

Well done. This is actually a quite brilliant portrayal of Brexiteers' views. We want pizza, and even though you may enter anaphylactic shock if you eat it, you must accept the will of the majority if it kills you. That's why the referendum has fundamentally broken the country, and why many people will never accept its result.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 12:56:05 »

I was quite looking forward to a good curry, only then to have some other people come along and tell me that I had to have something else instead.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #65 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 13:32:22 »

This election for me is a part side bet. I think its fair to say I want out. I still want to vote in this election. First of all to continue to have a Brexit voice and keep the pressure up. Secondly, if we don't leave, we can have a group of people expressing my sentiments inside the parliament.
I still don't believe we'll leave so this vote is important to me.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 13:39:07 »

No, it's a pointless election that should never have taken place if May had pulled her finger out.
Actually if you bothered to read any of my posts instead of assuming you know what I think, you'd see I've repeatedly said that I'm against a second referendum and the result of the 2016 referendum must be respected.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 13:53:12 »

Looks like once again someone has royally fucked up the registration system meaning that loads of EU citizens living over here have not been registered despite returning all the paperwork within the deadline to do so.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 14:00:42 »

Looks like once again someone has royally fucked up the registration system meaning that loads of EU citizens living over here have not been registered despite returning all the paperwork within the deadline to do so.
Not to mention UK citizens living in France who didn't get their voting cards on time, thanks to some councils trying to save a few quid by going with a private postal provider rather than Royal Mail
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #69 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 14:15:13 »

Not to mention UK citizens living in France who didn't get their voting cards on time, thanks to some councils trying to save a few quid by going with a private postal provider rather than Royal Mail
Probably the Russians. I'd put a smiley here if I wasn't too stupid.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 14:20:11 »

I'd put a smiley here if I wasn't too stupid.
Only you saying that - you don't wear the inferiority complex well
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 14:39:49 »

Only you saying that - you don't wear the inferiority complex well
I'm a fat git. I don't wear anything well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 16:44:03 »

Royal Mail is a private provider.... it was made so by Horlock's mate Cable.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 16:49:46 »

If it was Switzerland I'd guess at Yodel.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #74 on: Saturday, May 25, 2019, 20:26:46 »

36% turnout in Swindon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: