Poll
Question: How do you intend to vote?  (Voting closed: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 16:00:47)
Conservatives - 4 (4.4%)
Labour - 6 (6.7%)
LibDem - 30 (33.3%)
Brexit Party - 23 (25.6%)
Change UK - 2 (2.2%)
UKIP - 1 (1.1%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Green - 15 (16.7%)
Plaid Cymru - 1 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 8 (8.9%)
Total Voters: 80

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: European Elections 23rd May  (Read 30573 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 08:29:12 »

Never really understood why the wishy washy liberals are, in the main, the party of choice for disaffected voters.

With the environmental doomsday not that far away, hoping that a few more will go Green.

This election is just an administrative exercise that will test the doodling skills of quite a few who bother to turn up.

I think the simple choice for many is Lib Dem v. Green.

Its a tricky one for me as on the PV March last year both Cable and Lucas spoke and he came across pretty crap and she was brilliant, however on a local personal level I have had direct involvement with Green Councillors and they were as crap, dodgy and prepared to blatantly lie through their teeth just to get their way as the mainstream parties.

So on the balance for now the LD's get it, plus is the most sensible vote up here when one looks at it tactically.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 11:43:14 »

See Ann Widdecombe's lost none of her trademark compassion since jumping ship from the Tories to the Farage Party. Asked what message she had for Honda workers she said "Factories close all the time". Or "Fuck 'em".

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17654873.factories-close-all-the-time-brexit-partys-ann-widdecombe-on-honda/?ref=mr&lp=6

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 12:01:09 »

https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/status/1118815400932847616?s=09

Fuck Farage.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 12:17:04 »

See Ann Widdecombe's lost none of her trademark compassion since jumping ship from the Tories to the Farage Party. Asked what message she had for Honda workers she said "Factories close all the time". Or "Fuck 'em".

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17654873.factories-close-all-the-time-brexit-partys-ann-widdecombe-on-honda/?ref=mr&lp=6

BXP candidates are an interesting bunch....

https://medium.com/@SJHolloway/this-is-everything-i-discovered-about-all-of-the-brexit-party-mep-candidates-2a59f8f850c5
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 12:19:02 »

They include several of the leading stalwarts of the now (thankfully) defunct Revolutionary Communist Party who were always considered oddballs even by the standards of the far left. I assume that means neither SRK or Legends Lounge will be voting for the Brexit Party given their oft-repeated hatred of "commies"
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 12:20:14 »

If it has nothing to do with Brexit as she suggests, wouldn't it be a little more compassionate to actually take the opportunity to sympathise with the workers and give some idea of what you would do if elected to address their problems?
Combe Up

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 16:29:06 »

Having seen the ballot sheet for the south-west UK constituency I am worried that there might be confusion between:

- The Brexit party, and

- UKIP - making Brexit happen.

This could seriously split two of the many leave parties, and cause uproar as did the "Literal Democrats" issue in the 1994 Euro elections. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Huggett#1994_European_Parliament_election
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 17:47:31 »

Having seen the ballot sheet for the south-west UK constituency I am worried that there might be confusion between:

- The Brexit party, and

- UKIP - making Brexit happen.

This could seriously split two of the many leave parties, and cause uproar as did the "Literal Democrats" issue in the 1994 Euro elections. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Huggett#1994_European_Parliament_election

Shouldn’t be. Brexit party have the edge which is making everyone else twitchy by having an arrow on their logo pointing to the box to mark your x 😉 Simples if only the others had thought of that 🤣🤣🤣🤣
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 17:49:14 »

You could vote for Fozzie Bear for all that it counts for.
Combe Up

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 21:17:36 »

You could vote for Fozzie Bear for all that it counts for.

Is that one of the candidates in the United States of America where you economically emigrated to?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 21:39:46 »

Is that one of the candidates in the United States of America where you economically emigrated to?

Nice one. Fucking limeys, going over there and taking work from your average joe.
Combe Up

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 06:11:06 »

I have just voted for the Brexit Party. Until now I have been a life-long Liberal Democrat supporter.

Someone I know is voting for LDs for the first time in their life (ex-Con).

This is going to be interesting. Let's all respect the result.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 08:16:35 »

Let's all respect the result.

Respect the result of an election for MEPs to an institution we're supposed to be withdrawing from? The thing's a farce before it even starts
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 11:47:17 »

He'd probably win over here.

Also, given recent pedantry on here, I'm a Resident Non-Immigrant - given temporary leave to stay for up to 7 years.  Many more hoops to get the Resident Alien status.  If I popped down to Mexico apparently you can just walk back over the border and live the life of a millionaire if you fancy.

The EP elections are a farce for the UK, so yeah, lets respect the pointless results and let them get on with their important job in shaping the future of the EU institution, regulations and budget.....oh!
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 11:55:46 »

Respect the result of an election for MEPs to an institution we're supposed to be withdrawing from? The thing's a farce before it even starts

So you will not be wasting your valuable time to vote then. Excellent idea.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: