Poll
Question: How do you intend to vote?  (Voting closed: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 16:00:47)
Conservatives - 4 (4.4%)
Labour - 6 (6.7%)
LibDem - 30 (33.3%)
Brexit Party - 23 (25.6%)
Change UK - 2 (2.2%)
UKIP - 1 (1.1%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Green - 15 (16.7%)
Plaid Cymru - 1 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 8 (8.9%)
Total Voters: 80

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: European Elections 23rd May  (Read 29976 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 16:00:47 »

Just for curiosity reasons, to see if the members of TEF are of similar mind to the national population.
Combe Up

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 18:36:30 »

I have responded to your call, but I always lie to opinion pollsters.
Sir red ken

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 19:09:05 »

I can't see the lib scums getting that much of the vote.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 10:02:07 »

Interesting as current opinion polls run at:

Brexit 34%
Labour 20%
Lib Dem 15%
Tories 12%
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 10:10:04 »

A number of polls show the LDs have overtaken Labour nationally and one puts them as winning London (percentage wise) and doing extremely well in the South West, their traditional heartlands.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 10:59:52 »

There's another poll that puts Tories fifth behind the greens.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 11:05:39 »

Says everything about how farcical it all is when a party with no manifesto/policies(Brexit party) and only 1 agenda will get many votes.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 11:14:34 by Arriba » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 11:47:30 »

Corbyn won't have done Labour many favours on Marr earlier. As non committal as ever in where they stand
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 12:03:32 »

Says everything about how farcical it all is when a party with no manifesto/policies(Brexit party) and only 1 agenda will get many votes.
Agreed but some would argue the manifestos of labour and conservative are worth shit.
The party will have a manifesto before a general election and I think they will shake things up, whether for good or bad remains to be seen
Combe Up

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 13:12:35 »

Wouldn't it be better for us to say who voted for AFTER polling day and compare it the actual results of the election?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 14:56:00 »

Corbyn won't have done Labour many favours on Marr earlier. As non committal as ever in where they stand
agree. I'm voting green for that reason.

Agreed but some would argue the manifestos of labour and conservative are worth shit.
The party will have a manifesto before a general election and I think they will shake things up, whether for good or bad remains to be seen
Certainly in the Tories case that's true as they lied last time and have since stolen deas put forward by Ed Milliband pre the 2010 general election since. I'm sure Labour would not deliver everything they claim they would too. I don't think the Brexit lot will shake anything up. They're a protest vote only and have nothing of any substance or worth to them. Farage is a vile man and the local poundshop version in Swindon, Martin Costello was telling us to vote for him as a ukip candidate 2 weeks ago.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 15:03:47 »

It will be a protest vote but I think it will be sustained until we leave the EU. Farage has absolutely nailed the mood of a lot of people.
A lot of leavers are people who voted and left it at that, not got involved in social media etc. Farage speaks for them and he speaks for me on brexit. I'm not sure he's any more vile than a lot of others.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 16:16:03 »

Will certainly be interesting to see how accurate the polls are, as in how many votes Farage acquires against the 2 main parties. The next general election will also be quite interesting.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 16:21:03 »

It will be a protest vote but I think it will be sustained until we leave the EU. Farage has absolutely nailed the mood of a lot of people.
A lot of leavers are people who voted and left it at that, not got involved in social media etc. Farage speaks for them and he speaks for me on brexit. I'm not sure he's any more vile than a lot of others.

You have to hand it to Farage he does the con man trick very well... get people of dubious provenance to hand him decent wedges of money, while spouting something which he'll never have to deliver.  In the meantime, carry on racking up his MEP pension, with opportunities for shorting the £.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 16:27:10 »

Farage speaks for them and he speaks for me on brexit. I'm not sure he's any more vile than a lot of others.
They are a deeply dispiriting lot to be sure, but beware of what you get in a "can't be any worse" vote. None of the others want to scrap the NHS, for example (or at least they haven't said so publicly, I'm sure there's a few of the more swivel-eyed Tories would love to).
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-nhs-might-have-to-be-replaced-by-private-health-insurance-9988904.html
https://www.businessinsider.com/all-the-times-ukip-has-called-for-nhs-privatisation-nigel-farage-paul-nuttall-2017-2?r=US&IR=T

Or hang round with the nutters on InfoWars (Alex Jones, the guy who's being sued by bereaved parents of the Sandy Hook massacre for inciting hate mobs against them in his claims that the massacre didn't happen).  
https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-accused-of-using-antisemitic-codewords-on-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-show-1.483803
(I would add "Or keep repeating dog-whistle anti-semitism" but Labour have got form on that.)

He's also strong pro-fox hunting and has previously said he'd repeal the ban (again, tbf, he shares that in common with several of the Tory leadership candidates)
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/nigel-farage-joins-kent-boxing-day-hunt-for-early-morning-pint-a7496431.html

And, again in common with some Labour figures, he's previously said he thinks we might have to have a second referendum:
https://fullfact.org/europe/deja-eu-referendum/

Then there's the notorious "invasion" poster, dog-whistle racism at it's finest. And just the many lies he's been shown to have told and help spread during the referendum campaign:
https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/unfounded-claim-turkey-swing-brexit-referendum/

And the illegal funding of those lies:
https://www.ft.com/content/4610a4be-dde2-11e8-9f04-38d397e6661c

I'll leave the consistent allegations that the Russians were the ultimate source of that funding, because as you'll argue, it's not been proven. Yet.

But yeah, if you're comfortable with all that, then Farage might be a lying, self-serving friend of the far-right, racists, and  foxhunters, and an enemy of the NHS but he's not "any of the rest". For that matter neither is the convicted football hooligan, woman-beater, fraudster and drug dealer Tommy Robinson. So equally good reasons to vote for him too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: