Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Saturdays just not the same. ........  (Read 2395 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 06:44:44 »

Bored shitless,,  plenty to do but can't be arsed.    Saturdays just not the same,  yes, I know,  we moan like fuck all season about results,  managers, players not putting in a full shift and anything else we can think of,  but without that 3'oclock kick off and the usual lunch time piss up with the boys it's just not the same.    Roll on August, let's put ourselves through it all over again.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 07:11:38 »

Still the same for me. Football, ballet, tap, swimming and probably a birthday party somewhere...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Combe Up

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 08:14:47 »

I gotta fix my tap too.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 08:27:40 »

People ask me things about PO's FA Cup etc.... I say football season finished 2 weeks ago. The break is important, I focus on the cricket season.

I know now in the days of social media there will always be a bit of background noise.... but this break has always been important not just for players, but also fans, and continues to be.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 09:39:43 »

Thought this was more Danny Baker mourning. His absence has only made off-season Saturdays even duller.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 10:36:21 »

Bored shitless,,  plenty to do but can't be arsed.    Saturdays just not the same,  yes, I know,  we moan like fuck all season about results,  managers, players not putting in a full shift and anything else we can think of,  but without that 3'oclock kick off and the usual lunch time piss up with the boys it's just not the same.    Roll on August, let's put ourselves through it all over again.

We have the nations trophy to keep us occupied..
Combe Up

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 12:48:25 »

There's the women's World Cup too. Anyone going?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 13:59:36 »

I think Sippo should invite us to watch him doing his ballet.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 16:56:12 »

I think Sippo should invite us to watch him doing his ballet.

...and the tap dancing.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 17:30:09 »

I got the boat to Greenwich, pottered around the CuttySark, a mini street food festival, and the Maritime museum (which is free) and then got the boat back and now ‘enjoying’ the FA Cup final wth a couple of beers.

Going to make the most of the break but I do understand where the OP is coming from.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: