Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Attendances this season  (Read 7218 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 11:02:49 »

Again, when I decide, or not, to go to an away game the ticket price is the least of my concerns. If you want to go, you go.

Interesting that our attendances didn’t slide at all.

We're all different.... I took exception when Power shifted the age concession at the CG from 60 to 65. Seemed petty to me, most fans who get to 60 may well like me have been going for 50 years, and it seemed a good gesture. 

When you talk to neutral types in Swindon pubs etc they always mention high cost as factor in not going....whether it's valid or not.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 11:15:40 »

Can’t see people being put off by a couple of quid - even though that might have been better spent on gruel.

Maybe, being a northern biased league, it was the distance.
Of course they won't be put off by £1 or £2 they would be idiots to do that, I would also say that Swindon is seated and covered.

Wobbly Bob I expect stood on uncovered terraces a some of those occassions so its not like for like.

Get statistics right first. I purchased a ticket for the seats at Yeovil (which I was too ill to attend in the end) and was charged £25 which is £2 more than we charge for a similar...if much better positioned seat. Crawley charge £22 for away seating, FGR charge £23 for premium seats. They are by no means alone in charging more for seating of away fans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 13:12:01 »

We had a hint of division about how many travelled to StadMucK on this forum.

Depressingly, I see that StadMucK enjoyed easily the highest average away following - at over 1,000.

Everyone's second-most hated team, centrally situated and/or best equipped ground?

On a personal note, I don't think I go there any more or any less than to any other ground within a 100 mile or so radius which tends to be my limit these days.
Panda Paws

« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 08:26:21 »

We're all different.... I took exception when Power shifted the age concession at the CG from 60 to 65. Seemed petty to me, most fans who get to 60 may well like me have been going for 50 years, and it seemed a good gesture. 

When you talk to neutral types in Swindon pubs etc they always mention high cost as factor in not going....whether it's valid or not.

Was at a similar time to big reductions in kids tickets? Makes complete sense - your generation has all the cash anyway, and if you've been going 50 years, £3 ain't going to stop you. Use that to subsidize young fans.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 08:43:46 »

Was at a similar time to big reductions in kids tickets? Makes complete sense - your generation has all the cash anyway, and if you've been going 50 years, £3 ain't going to stop you. Use that to subsidize young fans.

Bit of a myth, being peddled by the right, as part of divide and rule agenda.... plenty of older people live in poverty..

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/dec/09/pensioner-poverty-rises-bnefites-freeze

To me it's petty, when you live on a largely fixed income, you have to budget carefully, and sticking up the price of a ticket overnight, isn't going to encourage more people to attend.... which should be the policy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 09:29:03 »

To be fair to Power he probably rightly assumed it would lead to less pedantic moaning people attending....
Panda Paws

« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 09:37:30 »

Bit of a myth, being peddled by the right, as part of divide and rule agenda.... plenty of older people live in poverty..

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/dec/09/pensioner-poverty-rises-bnefites-freeze

To me it's petty, when you live on a largely fixed income, you have to budget carefully, and sticking up the price of a ticket overnight, isn't going to encourage more people to attend.... which should be the policy

No, the policy should be maximising matchday revenue both in the short term and the long term. Charging old people who can afford it £3 more to subsidize cheaper tickets for kids makes complete sense.

But then, I'd also raise the age of a bus pass to 70 too, so maybe I'm just ageist.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 09:56:29 »

No, the policy should be maximising matchday revenue both in the short term and the long term. Charging old people who can afford it £3 more to subsidize cheaper tickets for kids makes complete sense.

But then, I'd also raise the age of a bus pass to 70 too, so maybe I'm just ageist.

Certainly sounds like it.... Yes, could be a winner, as long as it's well advertised. Charge over 60's extra, so that someone else's kid gets a freebie.... I'm sure te punters will flock in for such a scheme.... perhaps Horlock, who hasn't been to the CG for 15 years could sponsor a waif or stray, as a sort of proxy fan.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 10:52:24 »

Friend of mine has a ST Concession. Reckons it works out at £11.50 per game. Pretty good, I’d say.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 13:17:36 »

To be fair to Power he probably rightly assumed it would lead to less pedantic moaning people attending....

Fewer, no?  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #25 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 13:53:50 »

15.1 million children or working age adults living in poverty in the UK vs 1.4 million pensioners.

https://fullfact.org/economy/poverty-uk-guide-facts-and-figures/
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 17:05:02 »

15.1 million children or working age adults living in poverty in the UK vs 1.4 million pensioners.

https://fullfact.org/economy/poverty-uk-guide-facts-and-figures/

Yes, a national disgrace about the kids.... however in the context of the post, this isn't kids v OAP's.  1.4 million OAP's in poverty is still a lot of people...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 17:08:35 »

Great, now I've got Billy Smart's Circus (Carter USM going round my head). Thanks Reg...

Under funded O.A.P.'s
Turn to life of crime
The great cucumber robberies of 1989
Send 'em down and bang '2m up
In a South London maisonette
Unlicensed and unregistered
It shouldn't happen to a vet
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 18:49:07 »

Fewer, no?  Wink
Cheesy

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 20:58:04 »

Of course they won't be put off by £1 or £2 they would be idiots to do that, I would also say that Swindon is seated and covered.

Wobbly Bob I expect stood on uncovered terraces a some of those occassions so its not like for like.

Get statistics right first. I purchased a ticket for the seats at Yeovil (which I was too ill to attend in the end) and was charged £25 which is £2 more than we charge for a similar...if much better positioned seat. Crawley charge £22 for away seating, FGR charge £23 for premium seats. They are by no means alone in charging more for seating of away fans.

But you do have a choice JJ.... At STFC it's take it or leave it.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: