Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play Offs  (Read 34148 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 08:15:27 »

It's good that FGR are hanging about.... although arguably now a bigger club,  in league games, Secret they're not Numb.

Tranny are norvern, so they'd be better off if not in the Conference, Div 3.

They looked handy, mind... big lad in midfield who scored at Prenton, good steady LB, and the CH who headed most balls, 
sort of thing we could do with....oh. 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 08:23:44 »

Reg is fishing again!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 08:35:44 »

It's good that FGR are hanging about.... although arguably now a bigger club,  in league games, Secret they're not Numb.

This reminds me of the cold, wet, miserable Boxing Day afternoon I spent standing behind a clown away at Rushden & Diamonds who kept repeating, endlessly, that R&D were a bigger club than STFC.  They were the future, apparently - properly funded and with a cracking stadium - and would leave us in their wake.  I'm not even sure if they still exist.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 08:48:41 »

This reminds me of the cold, wet, miserable Boxing Day afternoon I spent standing behind a clown away at Rushden & Diamonds who kept repeating, endlessly, that R&D were a bigger club than STFC.  They were the future, apparently - properly funded and with a cracking stadium - and would leave us in their wake.  I'm not even sure if they still exist.

The club were expelled from the Conference National on 11 June 2011; their unstable financial position meant they could not guarantee to complete all their fixtures in the 2011–12 season,[1] and resulted in their dissolution.

AFC Rushden and Diamonds was then set up as a Phoenix club. This year they finished mid-table in the Evo-stik South Premier Division Central, one step below National Leage North/South.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 08:51:29 »

This reminds me of the cold, wet, miserable Boxing Day afternoon I spent standing behind a clown away at Rushden & Diamonds who kept repeating, endlessly, that R&D were a bigger club than STFC.  They were the future, apparently - properly funded and with a cracking stadium - and would leave us in their wake.  I'm not even sure if they still exist.

They don't. It all went tits up for them about the same time as Power joined their Board...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 08:54:39 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 08:52:43 »

I know that they went bust and the ground has been demolished. They might have refounded at park level, but that's about it.

The only thing that really sits in Forest Green's favour is that they've hung around the 4th / 5th tier and gradually crept up the tables over a long period - I think it's 15 years or more now. With RD, it was more a case of crash, bang, wallop.

But nothing is going to change the fact that they play in a village with a 6k population, and struggle to get 3k home fans for a playoff game. And they did not look like an inspiring team last night. This season might represent their peak.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 08:58:28 »

Glad Mandfield failed, glad FGR failed.

Tranmere to win the PO final and rightly so with the leagues leading scorer winning them game son his own. 30 goals says it all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 20:57:28 »

So Leeds miss out again,   the only thing guaranteed in the play offs this year is red cards !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 21:03:16 »

Glad Mandfield failed, glad FGR failed.

Tranmere to win the PO final and rightly so with the leagues leading scorer winning them game son his own. 30 goals says it all.

Just need Portsmouth to dish out some play off heartbreak to Our Friends in the North Sunderland.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 06:54:03 »

Just need Portsmouth to dish out some play off heartbreak to Our Friends in the North Sunderland.

👍
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 08:40:00 »

So Leeds miss out again,   the only thing guaranteed in the play offs this year is red cards !!.

Bamford booked for diving yet again. That, the debacle against Villa and the whole spygate episode are more than enough to want Leeds to stay down. Not to mention the whole 'WACCOE' thing and the general attitude of the fans. Well in Frank and co.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 08:52:23 »

Bamford booked for diving yet again. That, the debacle against Villa and the whole spygate episode are more than enough to want Leeds to stay down. Not to mention the whole 'WACCOE' thing and the general attitude of the fans. Well in Frank and co.

I have no love of Leeds (although seeing Bielsa in the PL would have been worth it!), however reading social media last night #Lampard was trending at a higher level than either Leeds or Derby so stand by for an absolute wankfest over 'Frank Lampards Derby' if they get promoted, further exacerbated by his mates on the punditry panels.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 09:11:33 »

The 'Stop Crying your heart out' song that Leeds fans sang towards Derby and Lampard backfired a bit didn't it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 09:20:25 »

The 'Stop Crying your heart out' song that Leeds fans sang towards Derby and Lampard backfired a bit didn't it?

Yep

https://twitter.com/dcfcofficial/status/1128789541807112192?s=21
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 09:27:47 »

I have no love of Leeds (although seeing Bielsa in the PL would have been worth it!), however reading social media last night #Lampard was trending at a higher level than either Leeds or Derby so stand by for an absolute wankfest over 'Frank Lampards Derby' if they get promoted, further exacerbated by his mates on the punditry panels.

The wankfest, will know no bounds what with John Terry lurking in the Villa set up.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: