Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play Offs  (Read 34706 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #105 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 09:17:32 »

Totally agree with you Peter.  I've been saying for ages that the play off final should be played at a neutral venue suitable for both clubs.
It would also be more cost effective for the fans and potentially a bigger crowd and a better atmosphere.
Absolutely, makes sense all round to me, obviously not to the FL/FA though!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 09:38:26 »

Kane Hemmings scored 14?! I'd think L2 is his ceiling, that's decent for him.

Think you paid a fair bit for him?  Apart from Walker, who's alreday at a higher level club, don't think there's too many Div 4 strikers this season who could play much above...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 09:42:46 »

You’re probably right. Stockley hasn’t done much at Preston, Eisa doesn’t get a look in at City. The problem then is if they need to drop down to recover form their wages are too high.

Some players need to decide what is important to them - regular game time or money and not even on the bench.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #108 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 09:51:59 »

You’re probably right. Stockley hasn’t done much at Preston, Eisa doesn’t get a look in at City. The problem then is if they need to drop down to recover form their wages are too high.

Some players need to decide what is important to them - regular game time or money and not even on the bench.
Shitty are said to be possibly offloading both Eisa and Matt Taylor in the Summer according to their fourm if the price is right, neither have done much there and although both are decent lower league scorers neither have progressed to being able to score regularly in the Championship, or even get a regular starting position.

I expect they would want most of their outlay back if they were sold though, £200k for Taylor and £1m for Eisa.

Stockley has scored 1 in 3 this season when he has played (8 starts and 4 sub scoring 4 goals).
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 09:55:59 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 10:07:17 »

There is still the odd Div 4 striker who can cut it higher, James Collins would be an example. Certainly good enough for Div 3, but his mate Danny Hylton has been less effective this year, but I suppose at only 30 would still be able to get a Div 3 club, if he leaves Luton.

A Div 4 club, would have to pay a premium, and I expect Salford not to mess about and sign up the sort of quality needed to piss Div 4.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #110 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 10:09:25 »

There is still the odd Div 4 striker who can cut it higher, James Collins would be an example. Certainly good enough for Div 3, but his mate Danny Hylton has been less effective this year, but I suppose at only 30 would still be able to get a Div 3 club, if he leaves Luton.

A Div 4 club, would have to pay a premium, and I expect Salford not to mess about and sign up the sort of quality needed to piss Div 4.
Hylton has been injured for a lot of the season and still scored 8 in 25 games.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 10:21:40 »

Hylton has been injured for a lot of the season and still scored 8 in 25 games.

Injuries are a fact of life for a footballer.... although, there are still clubs who'll take a chance on a sicknote, like Oxford with NSSJO.... I'd be surprised if Hylton is getting a regular gig in Div 2 next season. No idea of his contract situation.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #112 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 14:38:17 »

Injuries are a fact of life for a footballer.... although, there are still clubs who'll take a chance on a sicknote, like Oxford with NSSJO.... I'd be surprised if Hylton is getting a regular gig in Div 2 next season. No idea of his contract situation.
Hylton is out of contract and has been offered reduced terms, Oxford are said to be lining up a move for him.

mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 17:09:54 »

Hylton is out of contract and has been offered reduced terms, Oxford are said to be lining up a move for him.

First I've heard of it (though I hear very little gossip!). I'd be well up for us re-signing him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 17:31:42 »

re-sign?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 17:45:13 »

re-sign?

Danny (not Jermaine)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 17:54:25 »

it's ok, didn't spot it was goat saying it
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 17:58:45 »

Mansfield don’t look a very good side in the play off game. Newport much the better side based on that first half.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 18:36:27 »

Mansfield don’t look a very good side in the play off game. Newport much the better side based on that first half.
Straight from the Pat Nevin school of bollocks.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, May 12, 2019, 18:56:14 »

Straight from the Pat Nevin school of bollocks.

You disagree?

Much more even second half. Surprised it ended goalless but pretty wayward finishing.

Into extra time.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: