Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play Offs  (Read 34155 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 20:29:43 »

Newport draw level with The Stags 1-1 (85)

FT 1-1
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 20:40:21 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 09:30:14 »

I didn't watch it but hope Newport come out on top in the 2nd leg.

Seems Flitcroft is winning loads of friends in South Wales! from the Newport forum...

Hand on heart, never have I seen such a more vile team play here.
All they did was cheat, bleat and apply the dark arts all game and Flitcroft has the nerve to moan about the referee - who was absolute awful.
I'm glad we got the penalty decision and their crap following were crying hard done by.
It was karma for their teams lack of class.
We were slow starting but outplayed them second half and that equaliser will have crushed them.
All to play for - glad they have written us off.

100% agreed. They did it in January and last season at ours. Their number 6 is a big lad but goes down like a hooker down the docks every time somebody is within a yard of him.

Horrible footballing side. Thugs, bullies and play acting and time wasting like like I've never seen before. Almost every clearance ball they were making a conscious effort to boot the ball out of the stadium to waste time. Watching the highlights we had some great chances to win that game. We have nothing to fear up there.

Sadly such cheating and lack of integrity from both players and managers often gains rewards because of referees' lack of the b**** to penalise it.

They certainly went down very easily but were quick with a very "robust" challenge.
Lots of moaning, the importance of the game doesn't make for a beautiful game but they were constantly trying to con the officials in my opinion.

Flitcroft and his brother played that way also, disgrace to the game with their play-acting and bad sportsmanship. He was bombed out of Swinetown and had a big budget at Mansfield this year and really should've got them promoted automatically with the quality loanees (Walker and Grant) he's had this season.

Disgusting side , and up there with Lincoln when it comes to getting away with murder.

I always see them as the worst team in the league for this kind of thing.

What a horrific team in terms of fair play

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 09:32:50 »

I've done Villa, Charlton, and for some reason Newport in a treble.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 09:35:58 »

WBA, Pompey and Newport for me.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 09:43:56 »

Nice.  Glad Flitcroft left.

I presume he's still playing the knock it up to a striker with no ball control and see if it hits his knee and bounces off in the right direction style?

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 09:44:47 »

Nice.  Glad Flitcroft left.

I presume he's still playing the knock it up to a striker with no ball control and see if it hits his knee and bounces off in the right direction style?
He still plays similarly but now he has a fast striker with control who knows where the net is...hence why they are in the play offs and not where we are, 1 decent goal scorer.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 09:47:34 »

He still plays similarly but now he has a fast striker with control who knows where the net is...hence why they are in the play offs and not where we are, 1 decent goal scorer.
*awaits Reg痴 arrival in thread*

Wink
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 09:51:39 »

*awaits Reg痴 arrival in thread*

Wink
You noticed Wink

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 10:15:00 »

Isn't it two we need though and we won't buy them as we once failed to spend 」200k on Rickie Lambert when Power wasn't here and despite him spending 」350k on a player that's irrelevant, thus we are going to get relegated to Sunday league which I will then come on here and make much of telling you so?

Have I interpreted the misery correctly?  Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 10:18:27 »

No guarantees in football.... our best post war 20+ goal man for a season was Simon Cox with 29 in 08/09. We stayed up in Div 3 by winning at BHA with 5 games to go, and then sealing the deal with a battling point at Brunton Park with 3 to go.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 10:26:39 »

5 of the 7 teams who won automatic promotion this season within the FL had a striker who scored 20+.

Amazing
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 10:29:22 »

Have I interpreted the misery correctly?  Wink
No you are spot on Cheesy

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 10:32:09 »

5 of the 7 teams who won automatic promotion this season within the FL had a striker who scored 20+.

Amazing

And 12 didn't....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 10:35:37 »

No guarantees in football.... our best post war 20+ goal man for a season was Simon Cox with 29 in 08/09. We stayed up in Div 3 by winning at BHA with 5 games to go, and then sealing the deal with a battling point at Brunton Park with 3 to go.
Horses for courses. We had a worse side over all back then than we do now. With 20 goals extra this season we would have got automatic promotion.

Cox scored 29 of our 68 goals, without his goals we would have been relegated with THE lowest goals total in the whole league of just 39 goals.....Cox saved us from relegation almost single handedly.

This season if we havd Cox score 29 goals then we would have scored 85 goals, more than anybody in this division....Cox (or similar) would have got us promoted.

Its really not rocket surgery to see that is it? or am I being Thicky McThick?

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 10:37:14 »

And 12 didn't....

Probably because that was mathematically impossible for them all to do so.

Plenty of them are in the playoffs places as well. It痴 almost as if there is a general correlation, no guarantee obviously, between league position and having 20+ goal striker.

Incredible really
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: