Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play Offs  (Read 34551 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 08:25:16 »

What an absolutely piss poor game. Deserved sending off, should have been another one too. Tranny should have won by a country mile. I hope Tranmere prevail and get promoted because, 1) Mansfield (enough said about them already) 2) Newport is local 3) FGR even more local. Our well supported team at away fixtures deserve a few less miles on the road. Looking forward to the Salford v Fylde game later today.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 09:08:07 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 08:27:51 »

Yeah,  no 20 goal a season striker.  Girl Giggle

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 09:13:00 »

I don't get b. esp the bit in bold.
If a game finished 3-2 when they scored 2 goals then it goes down as a 2-1 defeat, not rocket science.

In which case why count goals scored in drawn games? 
Because if they scored a goal in a drawn game then it would have been a loss without it - therefore 1 less point, now you are just being silly and arguing for the sake of it.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 09:18:29 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 09:56:17 »

If a game finished 3-2 when they scored 2 goals then it goes down as a 2-1 defeat, not rocket science.
Because if they scored a goal in a drawn game then it would have been a loss without it - therefore 1 less point, now you are just being silly and arguing for the sake of it.

I'm trying to get a method whereby some goals can be rated as more important than others.... so by way of example, lets take last Saturday v Notts.... Theo's first goal takes us into the lead, his second at the end is for 3-1, now you could argue the 3rd has an importance because it removes the possibility of them coming back for 2-2, but to me it seems less important then the second taking us ahead.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 10:06:19 »

All any striker can do is score when presented with a chance. Are you saying that a player who scores 20 goals a season, but all of them scored when the team is already winning is not worth having?

Opposing teams don’t set their plans around ignoring a striker because all his goals are superfluous.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 10:10:36 »

Oh god, is this still rumbling on? It's like turning on the radio to discover they're still talking about Brexit.

I reckon Reg is trying to filibuster this debate out of time.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 10:21:44 »

All any striker can do is score when presented with a chance. Are you saying that a player who scores 20 goals a season, but all of them scored when the team is already winning is not worth having?

Opposing teams don’t set their plans around ignoring a striker because all his goals are superfluous.

I would want to look at them and wonder if they were to use cricket parlance " a flat track bully ".   Of course in modern football many gaffers don't want a goal hanger, which is why Nicky Ajose never does  much other than at STFC. They want someone who holds it up, can defend set plays effectively, and will get a a few goals. Think France... 2 WC's with centre forwards in Guivarc' and Giroud who never scored a goal.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 10:38:49 »

Oh god, is this still rumbling on? It's like turning on the radio to discover they're still talking about Brexit.

I reckon Reg is trying to filibuster this debate out of time.

It's probably got to the point, where all we can do is wait and see if Power finds or buys the 2 20 goal men that PV wants or even the 1 that Wellens wants.

Theo has said he'd be up for returning, but has year on contract at Sarfend, so may depend on if they want to cut their losses.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 10:47:14 »

Extrapolating his time with us he’d be near enough a 20 goal a season man - 7 in 16.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 10:50:52 »

I would want to look at them and wonder if they were to use cricket parlance " a flat track bully ".   Of course in modern football many gaffers don't want a goal hanger, which is why Nicky Ajose never does  much other than at STFC. They want someone who holds it up, can defend set plays effectively, and will get a a few goals. Think France... 2 WC's with centre forwards in Guivarc' and Giroud who never scored a goal.

Yeah, I mean they had those two strikers but also had Henry & Mbappe respectively
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 10:51:00 »

Extrapolating his time with us he’d be near enough a 20 goal a season man - 7 in 16.

I wouldn't be adverse to the Theo, Kaiyne, Kashi combo.   However we would need a couple more as back up, as we know they're all a bit inconsistent
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 10:56:49 »

Yeah, I mean they had those two strikers but also had Henry & Mbappe respectively

But it's how a lot of coaches like to play.... front 3 get the goals, centre forward not necessarily over relied upon.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #72 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 11:18:21 »

I have presented the facts which have chosen to be ignored by just one person. My work here is done and my point proved. Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 12:08:36 »

So is it 1 x 20 goal striker we need, 2 x 10, 3 x 7, 4 x 5, 5 x 4...

...or do we just need to get out of this fucking awful division? I think the building blocks for a successful season (up front) would be more confidence in shooting on sight. Most keepers at this level are a bit wobbly (not Wobbly Bob) when faced with a long range shot on target and generally always fumble or gives you possesion back via a corner, etc. Even the self proclaimed "Chile's No.3, remember that" Vigs, is suspect to a lack of confidence when faced with a "rasper". Not quite on RC-C levels but it's pretty basic. Force the keeper into a half decent save at this level and sting his fingertips. He'll be thinking about the next one before it's happened.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 12:08:41 »

I have presented the facts which have chosen to be ignored by just one person. My work here is done and my point proved. Smiley

I still hold the opinion that Power won't sanction the 2 20 goal men you crave, however desirable. Further, we could have a decent season without 2 men or one for that matter getting 20 goals.... let's see how it pans out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: